Home

2010 FIFA World Cup Demo Available Now, Post Impressions Here

This is a discussion on 2010 FIFA World Cup Demo Available Now, Post Impressions Here within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-09-2010, 09:04 PM   #49
The Bird is the word

Bighoff's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: 2010 FIFA World Cup Demo Available Now, Post Impressions Here

Played the PS3 demo, I loved it. Totally picking it up, IMO the movement with the player that has the ball is much more cleaned up and your teams AI seems to play smarter when you looking to find the guy in the open for a pass opportunity. Again I'm not as critical as other people but after putting a good hour or so into the demo, I liked it a lot, now I just can't wait to use Portugal, Germany, and, USA.
I've heard this "patience is a virtue" junk all my life. I'm happy to say I have no virtue, no scruples, and no desire to wait too long for anything. In my humble opinion instant gratification takes too long!
Old 04-10-2010, 01:56 AM   #50
MVP

phillyfan23's Arena

OVR: 16

again with the better player movement.....

just played 7 straight games where I scored 3 goals to the CPU's 2 on world class level, slow speed.

i was italy

my 3 goals were scored by : De Rossi ( a shot outside of the box set up by Pirlo as he drew 2 defenders to him)

Iaquinta after a counterattack had a clear shot on the goalie

Pirlo, a rebound garbage goal after De Rossi's volley was saved.

THe CPU's 2 goals were scored by Xavi and Alonso....

Xavi's goal was set up by great buildup play by the CPU and Alonso goal was from outside the box .

4 out of the 5 goals scored were by Central and Defensive midfielders. This was unheard of in past fifa games. The cpu ai and user AI player movement is much improved to make these goals possible. I really paid attention to this as this was a gamekiller for me in past years when all the goals were basically scored by Forwards and AMs. There were also numerous chances by the cpu defenders, headers , etc. Ramos had a volley that hit the post, Pirlo headed a shot that was just saved by Casillas and Grosso scored agasint me earlier too . Also, the CPU wingbacks went forward to provide crosses. Something I rarely saw in years past.

No one has noticed this I guess because there weren't too many complaints of this last year as well, but the player movement is definitely improved.

I can say with a straight face that I've had more fun with this demo than any other PESs, and I am a huge huge PES guy.

The only thing that made PES better in my eyes in past years was the better player movement for user and cpu, but this fifa demo has got it beat.

can't wait to get the retail version.
Old 04-10-2010, 02:16 AM   #51
Everyday is Faceurary!

dickey1331's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blublub
Meh. Ah yes the EA FIFA cash machine that is their WC editions. I'd be very leery, as all of the World Cup editions have sucked pretty hard since WC 98. Don't fall for the confetti!!!

Holy Jeezus, did anyone else have stuttering with the match intro and horrible slowdown with replays on the PS3 version? Utterly pathetic if they feel this is acceptable in the final release...

I see very little improvement over FIFA 10. But then again it's awfully hard to tell with the two minute match halves they give you in the demo.
World Cup 06 was prob the greatest soccer game I have ever played. As for the game I cannot wait till it comes out. It will get a lot of play time this spring/summer.
NFL: Dallas Cowboys
NHL: Dallas Stars
NBA: Dallas Mavericks

I own a band check it out

Last edited by dickey1331; 04-10-2010 at 02:18 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-10-2010, 06:22 AM   #52
P2K
Banned

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyfan23
I mentioned about the dynamic AI in this demo...well fabio grosso a left back scored a tap in goal after a beautiful cross by de rossi after he dribbled past a defender just outside the box on the right flank.

This is great....the defensive midfielder created the opportunity by dribbling and a cross, and a LEFT BACK scored.

good improvement from years past where most of the attack is set up by forwards and AMs and scored by them too.

This is on World Class , Slow speed by the way.

You're not seeing things. Camoranesi scored on me while making a slight run. Popped one in from outside the box. And in one match while playing as Spain, Puyol made a run up the side. I said, "What are you doing up there?"

Anyway, this demo. I refuse to get all excited because they got me before with the Euro '08 game. Retail didn't play anything like the demo.

Good

* The CPU actually jockeys the ball, especially when in their offensive end.

* CPU will make a nice amount of bad passes. Even dumb passes right to me. It's like playing a human.

* EA did something about CPU defender AI. You don't get bumrushed all game. They made the defenders "anticipate" instead. So, instead of feeling rushed at doing stuff, there is actual time and space.

* EA fixed my biggest gripe. YOU CAN ACTUALLY HOLD ONTO THE BALL!

This deal with the previous point. Because of the fixes EA did to CPU defender AI, you have freedom for once. And they fixed something that deals with the ball, too. You can feel it. But, most importantly: Skill moves, trapping and passing. As it should be, if you are late or careless on moves or passes, you will lose the ball. But, if you time it right, you will get that pass off. You will fake out that defender.

Awesome work, EA!!!

* Which leads to the response time, which is spot on. No issues from me. There's no lag, sluggishness. Nothing.

* The refs are great.

I know I'm going to foul alot. That's not the problem. The problem would be me getting smacked around and not getting fouled. In this demo, I was fouled ALOT. I had a nice amount of free kicks, even near the penalty area. Being clever in that area pays off.

There was also a play where I was Fernando Torres. Paolo Cannavaro is coming at me for the ball. I trap the ball with my right foot. Cannavaro is faked hard as I pass him but, another defender is there to get me. I fake him with the same foot, pushing the ball forward. Defender was faked badly, so he outright knocks me off my feet. I go flying. FOUL! I was in awe. I thought there would be no foul like in FIFA '09 or 10. Wrong.

* There isn't much need to press the "player run" button. Your teammate AI on offense is really good. Surpising. Teammates were making smart runs on their own. Like pointed out from the poster I quoted, it's not just the strikers that do this. Midfielders make intelligent runs when there is a chance. Even a defender. Again, surprising. Pleasantly surprising.

* The goalkeepers seem to be smarter, which is good. Didn't have many dumb issues with them. Plus, using the Y button seems to work better.

Bad

* I praised the whole defender anticipation thing, but I'm afraid if in doing this, EA may have taken away from what was already shotty, dumb defense for the USER/HUMAN. Remember in FIFA 10, where your defenders just stood around like nothing was going on? I dunno, I just get a bad feeling. Wasn't like I was killed in the box in the games I played, but I just wonder.

* To add on from above, Marking & covering is still "meh". I still have to mash down to get defenders to get a fire on their behinds.

* There is still some Route 1 passing, plus the CPU doesn't give the ball to its playmaker.

* The defenders can still chase you down too well. At least you won't lose the ball so easily, though lol.

I'm not getting this game because I don't understand putting down 60 bucks for a game like this. Maybe when it's cheaper. I also don't think the retail will play like the demo. But if it does and FIFA 11 also...oh man. I have WE/PES wonderment playing this demo. I never thouht I'd say that about a FIFA game. It's still not very sim, but what can you do?

I lost some info posting this, but this is the gist of it
Old 04-10-2010, 10:49 AM   #53
MVP

phillyfan23's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by miget33
One thing I did not like is those automatic free kick goals are still in. Meaning if you commit a foul anywhere near the box, it's gonna be a goal nearly every time.
agree with this.....4 free kicks given up and 4 free kick goals by Pirlo. Yes Pirlo is a world class free kick taker, but 4 out 4 ? don't think so.

I'm not too familiar with the fifa ratings, but there is a free kick rating for players that can be edited right? If there is, we can subtract 30 points for all the teams FK takers and see if it helps. 199 players edited I guess......won't be too bad if it gives positive results.
Old 04-10-2010, 11:21 AM   #54
Pro

OVR: 60
I was very impressed with the graphics, especially the coaches. Overall the presentation was very nice. I only played two or three games so I can't say a ton about gameplay, but I definitely liked it. Seemed more fluid than FIFA 10. I'll be buying this.
Old 04-10-2010, 01:11 PM   #55
P2K
Banned

I forgot to add...I said I was afraid about the defense. I saw a goal I scored and a goal the CPU scored where the player was deep in the box and they basically got the ball, stood there longer than they should have and scored.

That makes me somewhat uneasy. Somewhat. But, tbh, I'd take this over the BS in FIFA '09 & 10 where as soon as you got the ball, your behind was tackled. So.....

Another thing, I think gameplay evals are skewed because we are only able to use two great squads. I wish a couple of lower teams were able to be used to get a real look. Because I'm not sure if what I see is due to the teams or individual ratings. If ratings matters that much...NICE.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-10-2010, 01:11 PM   #56
AB>

Moses Shuttlesworth's Arena

Wait a min, there's manual chest control? How do you do this?

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »