Home

Free Kick Discovery (at least for me)

This is a discussion on Free Kick Discovery (at least for me) within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-22-2010, 02:38 PM   #9
MVP

Lecrae's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Free Kick Discovery (at least for me)

That was very good , I never have paid attention to the wall, just aimed it towards the corner, moved a bit in toward the keeper, and gone about halfway, of course I beat the keeper everytime but it goes over alot and misses wide a bit.
Old 06-22-2010, 02:40 PM   #10
YNWA

~LiverpoolRed~'s Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lecrae
That was very good , I never have paid attention to the wall, just aimed it towards the corner, moved a bit in toward the keeper, and gone about halfway, of course I beat the keeper everytime but it goes over alot and misses wide a bit.
Check out all his videos. I'm even scoring the odd FK from 40+ yards.
Old 06-22-2010, 04:14 PM   #11
MVP

Lecrae's Arena

OVR: 16

Im about to after I edit game 2 of Super 14
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2010, 05:25 PM   #12
All Star

rangerrick012's Arena

OVR: 42

Yeah I just scored my first ever FK goal, during my qualifying w/ Finland. Feels so sweet. Wish I could upload it, but I'm not connected to XBL.

Watching the vids definitely helps, using the LB/RB (L1/R1) buttons works wonders.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAgf9gdiuE0

PSN: dsavbeast
Old 07-08-2010, 07:38 PM   #13
Midtable shrug

NoDakHusker's Arena

OVR: 47

I finally scored from a FK with Donovan! It was in the Semi-Final(which I lost) but finally...in all my years of playing FIFA, I score on the FK!!
Old 07-09-2010, 12:54 PM   #14
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ermolli
Me too. I find it too hard (maybe me only) to score a FK. Any tips?
I noticed something that works on FIFA 10 PC. It may work on the PS2 or other consoles as well. as you are powering up your shot (during the powerup, not before), press L1 and left or right on the left analog stick. (this is a quick timing sequence)

On the PC version, I hold decrease the speed of the powerup buttons, so i have more time to wind up a shot or free kick. But if you really want to bend your kicks, the best way to do it is to hold down ( ) to start powering up your shot, then as you are holding down circle (or whatever your shot or cross button is in a free kick), quickly hold down L1 and a direction on the left analog stick. I find pressing those specific buttons will allow you to dramatically curve your shot. If you hold down L1 and a left analog stick direction before starting your shot, I think the free kick itself will be lower on the ground. I find it works best when you hold down the shot button, then as its powering up, hold down L1 and a left analog stick direction, then release the kick powerup button. You should get a good shot in the air curving left or right.
Old 07-16-2010, 06:42 AM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 1

The best tip I can say is put topspin on a FK by holding up on the left stick when you shoot, and account for natural curve slightly. The hardest part after that is just getting down the power(usually around 1/3 full).

One of my fav to use for free kicks is Van Persie. Lefty, 90 power, 90 curve, 90 FK accuracy.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2010, 01:21 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 5

I'll share an observation about free kicks. I had thought that you aimed a FK like a shot, so I'd hold down on the left stick to aim low-and-away from the keeper. Instead, that sent my shot into the stratosphere. So I tried holding up on the left stick and whaddya know, the shot stayed down. My conclusion was this: Holding down during a FK makes the player "lean back" while taking the kick, causing it to go into the upper deck of the bleachers. Whereas, holding it up causes the player to "lean forward" during the kick, keeping it down. I combined "leaning forward" with a "lobbed free kick" (RB on the 360 I believe) and have managed to nail 5 FK goals, over the wall, top corner away from the goalie. I've also managed to hit the crossbar about 15 times. I used to try to kick low and hard around the wall, but usually managed to go just wide. I like using the lob-over technique much more.
Visit my Arena: www.operationsports.com/iamironman84/

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »