Home

Free Kick Discovery (at least for me)

This is a discussion on Free Kick Discovery (at least for me) within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-16-2010, 01:39 PM   #17
MVP

teambayern's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Free Kick Discovery (at least for me)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamironman84
I'll share an observation about free kicks. I had thought that you aimed a FK like a shot, so I'd hold down on the left stick to aim low-and-away from the keeper. Instead, that sent my shot into the stratosphere. So I tried holding up on the left stick and whaddya know, the shot stayed down. My conclusion was this: Holding down during a FK makes the player "lean back" while taking the kick, causing it to go into the upper deck of the bleachers. Whereas, holding it up causes the player to "lean forward" during the kick, keeping it down. I combined "leaning forward" with a "lobbed free kick" (RB on the 360 I believe) and have managed to nail 5 FK goals, over the wall, top corner away from the goalie. I've also managed to hit the crossbar about 15 times. I used to try to kick low and hard around the wall, but usually managed to go just wide. I like using the lob-over technique much more.
The L stick controls the type of spin you put on the ball. Holding up puts topspin on it, which is what you're looking for on most FKs. I would only use backspin to have the ball carry on long free kicks, so it could get into the box.
Old 07-17-2010, 07:11 PM   #18
Rookie

Rock Chalk's Arena

OVR: 4

Yes I knew you could switch free kick takers (you can even change it before the game starts in team management > player roles). Anyway, freekick tips, I recommend when directly in front of the goal with wall in front of you, push the left analog stick to up (to get top spin on the ball (or any direction)) and hold B until the power line gets just past the players name (depending on how long the name is) or about 2 bars or right before the line turns yellow. And put the shot right over the wall where the goalie isn't standing and at least 7 out of 10 times you will make. It takes some practice, but believe me, I pray for people to foul me because I have gotten so good at it, its almost a for sure thing by now...

Anyway, hope that helps...
MLB: Chicago Cubs
SOCCER:
- EPL: Arsenal
- La Liga: Barcelona
- Bundesliga: Bayern Munich
- Serie A: Inter Milan
GOLF: Dustin Johnson & Rory
Old 07-17-2010, 10:28 PM   #19
MVP

Lecrae's Arena

OVR: 16

Yeah I knew you could change your kick takers it is just I didn't know it was possible to change them while on the field (I have never seen it listed in the controls)

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »