Home

FIFA 11 'Settings' discussion

This is a discussion on FIFA 11 'Settings' discussion within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-09-2010, 08:40 PM   #49
MVP

OVR: 14
Re: FIFA 11 'Settings' discussion

While on the subject, I have another question about settings. I need help tracking my progress and realism.

What are typical statistical averages in a soccer match that I should be looking for? I tried looking online but haven't found much. What about goals per game for high scoring teams vs. low scoring teams?

Stuff like shots on goals, fouls, cards, corner kicks, passing percentages etc. It would give me a good idea if I'm at least seeing good overall results.
Old 10-10-2010, 02:19 PM   #50
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by therizing02
Matt,

Try using a MID to block the passing lanes to the strikers the best you can and then use the 2nd defender press button to get possession. What you'll find is that by blocking the passing lanes the CPU will have more bad passes as well more back passes.
Riz, as always i appreciate your help. I tried focusing on using the dmf and pressure elsewhere, and it worked really well. I was using KC, controlling Rocastle, and in a 10 min p/half match, only absorbed 5 shots total. It feels really good to be able to "compete" in each game, and sometimes dominate.

Now that my defense is in check, I'm going to focus on the attack, and utilize more individual action 1v1. Excited to get a game in today.

BTw, Riz, I understand your frustration on fouls, you're absolutely right. The cpu does not make bad challenges very often. The thing I have noticed though, and this will require validation, the chances of the CPU fouling more is when the user super-cancels on loose balls.

The other day, and I wish I had a replay, I had Espinoza run onto a through ball, cut off his run because it slowed down in the rain. Espi was first to make it to the ball with right analog, but the CPU had already began his tackle, and Espi got completely laid out. The animation of this was fantastic, it looked like a football hit, Espi went flying and stayed on the ground temporarily injured.

So while statistically that doesn't happen often, as it shouldn't, the animations of fouls are fantastic at times. A lot more user freedom will definitely trouble the CPU, which depending on their composure, could result in some fouls here and there.
Old 10-11-2010, 09:07 AM   #51
*n th* Fl*w*rs

southernbelle's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRod
Let me give you an example as OL, I have moderate success with Toulalan and Kallstram dribbling but Gourcuff can run at players because his traits.
what do you mean "run at players"? please explain... really a different game at the dribbling level. you suing slow dribble?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-11-2010, 11:11 AM   #52
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernbelle
what do you mean "run at players"? please explain... really a different game at the dribbling level. you suing slow dribble?
I think what he means by that is you need to take the player on and try beat him by getting passed him and into open space. Less opposing defenders behind the ball the better. Using L2 (xbox 360) which is slow dribble to get by a defending opponent, throw a skill move in or just get by through sheer pace/power. Either way this is an effective way to move the ball forward. Basically don't just pass to every player but try beat a man then pass and so on, doing this in the middle of the field works wonders. Making moves on defenders is a huge must on the highest difficulty in the game and once you have it down, it opens the field in a big way. My personal experience with the game at least. Hope this helps shed some light in some way.
Old 10-11-2010, 01:12 PM   #53
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43

I was a big fan of 15 minutes halves in FIFA10, especially with manual controls. Haven't played too much offline yet, aside from some shorter games using my VP to earn accomplishments, but I'll likely go with 15 again. I like the pace/flow of the match much better, as you can take your time to build your attack without feeling the need to go-go-go all the time. You can have a variety of games and cleansheets or holding a late one-goal lead feels well-earned.

I took the time to enter the Bundesliga (1 & 2) stadium names last night, so I'll be starting a Dortmund manager career very soon. Probably will go with 15/slow/world class and all-manual controls... although I tend to get frustrated with my manual short passing.
Old 10-11-2010, 02:46 PM   #54
Rookie

OVR: 6

Played my first All Manual game on Legendary last night. Had some pretty good stat lines. Was able to hold Arsenal off until the very end. Was nice to see the possession more balanced - but the amount of real chances on goal was minimal. Less of a constant push forward from the CPU, but attacking was still their main objective at all times. I need to play some of the other leagues to see if something like Serie A is more tactical in nature. Might bump the halves up in length as well - playing 10 minutes right now. Legendary really does a good job of amping up the tension. Will need to play against a lower level team tonight to see if they play like Arsenal did or if there's actually some difference.
Old 10-11-2010, 04:01 PM   #55
MVP

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by instantpop
Played my first All Manual game on Legendary last night. Had some pretty good stat lines. Was able to hold Arsenal off until the very end. Was nice to see the possession more balanced - but the amount of real chances on goal was minimal. Less of a constant push forward from the CPU, but attacking was still their main objective at all times. I need to play some of the other leagues to see if something like Serie A is more tactical in nature. Might bump the halves up in length as well - playing 10 minutes right now. Legendary really does a good job of amping up the tension. Will need to play against a lower level team tonight to see if they play like Arsenal did or if there's actually some difference.
You can get chances on Legendary but my problem is manual shooting. I can't get close range goals on target.

The other problem legendary has is that all the teams are simply too good (or too good for my skill level). As Lyon, a Caen can put up a real challenge more times than they lose. There should be a chance of them beating you but not Legendary, for me, means too much parity.

So I'm stuck again between World Class and Legendary.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-11-2010, 07:57 PM   #56
Pro

OVR: 8

I played LOTS of games (offline) on FIFA10.

I played all-manual / 10min half / world-class.

What would be the best "fit" for me in FIFA11?

Looking forward to it ...

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »