Home

FIFA Soccer 11 Dev Team Update, Actively Working on Fixes

This is a discussion on FIFA Soccer 11 Dev Team Update, Actively Working on Fixes within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-13-2010, 09:28 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 7
Re: FIFA Soccer 11 Dev Team Update, Actively Working on Fixes

This happened a few years back when an EA game bounced out of MS testing. I believe it was released on PS3, but 360 was an extra 2+ weeks. Maybe NCAA 09? I can understand them not giving us an ETA, but it is frustrating.
Old 10-13-2010, 11:22 AM   #18
is looking at stats.

Krebstar's Arena

OVR: 15

Just listened to the new FIFA 11 podcast and they didn't mention fixing tackling at all in terms of gameplay issues. They said there are a ton of things they're not even mentioning, so I'm hoping and actually believing that there are certain things they won't mention were touched until after they release the patch.
Old 10-13-2010, 03:17 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUglyOrgan
Just listened to the new FIFA 11 podcast and they didn't mention fixing tackling at all in terms of gameplay issues. They said there are a ton of things they're not even mentioning, so I'm hoping and actually believing that there are certain things they won't mention were touched until after they release the patch.
The podcast was decent, and they did address the problems for about 6 minutes, but they certainly made it sound less than it is. I believe that they even said of the CM bugs that "people probably wouldn't even notice them without looking"....ummm, not so much.
Old 10-14-2010, 11:42 AM   #20
MVP

StormJH1's Arena

OVR: 13

Everybody says "fix tackling, fix tackling!", and I agree that it is a big issue, but it's also kind of ingrained in the whole style of what this game is.

In NHL 11, they basically made a conscious decision that real hockey was far too chaotic and frustrating because you lose the puck every two or three seconds in traffic...so, they made it so that stick checks are either totally ineffective, or draw penalties when you're just trying to hit the puck away.

In FIFA 11, the devs seem to have decided that real soccer would bore most gamers because one side keeps posession of the ball far too long...so the response to this was to create this frenetic gameplay where you get a defender with basically and degree of aggression in the way and he can just shoulder barge the ball away. This causes much more of an arcadey, back-and-forth game.

What I'm saying is that I don't know what change you make with a patch that suddenly turns it into a "sim" game.
Old 10-14-2010, 12:43 PM   #21
MVP

teambayern's Arena

OVR: 20

Agreed on that point. FIFA has had this kind of tackling in FIFA 10 and 09, so I don't have high hopes it can be quickly turned around. It's sort of a staple of this engine at this point.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2010, 02:19 PM   #22
MVP

phillyfan23's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormJH1
Everybody says "fix tackling, fix tackling!", and I agree that it is a big issue, but it's also kind of ingrained in the whole style of what this game is.

In NHL 11, they basically made a conscious decision that real hockey was far too chaotic and frustrating because you lose the puck every two or three seconds in traffic...so, they made it so that stick checks are either totally ineffective, or draw penalties when you're just trying to hit the puck away.

In FIFA 11, the devs seem to have decided that real soccer would bore most gamers because one side keeps posession of the ball far too long...so the response to this was to create this frenetic gameplay where you get a defender with basically and degree of aggression in the way and he can just shoulder barge the ball away. This causes much more of an arcadey, back-and-forth game.

What I'm saying is that I don't know what change you make with a patch that suddenly turns it into a "sim" game.
it was fine in wc2010.....Thedefending was balanced in that game.....you couldn't just walk into the cpu player and take the ball away from him.

Remember that I play this game with a house rule of not using the standing tackle button....imagine if I played with it, i'd have many more unrealistic tackles, I already have too much as it is right now.

Play wc2010 on world class level and you will not be tackling the cpu as easy as fifa 11, and if you overpressure them, they will make u pay, so the game essentially forced you to play realistic defense to have success.....in fifa 11, why should I play the passing lanes and have a good formation if 9 times out of 10 i can just tackle the cpu ball carrier and take the ball away?

if they don't fix this issue in a patch, fifa 11 is going to be dead in my eyes.....
Old 10-18-2010, 02:32 PM   #23
Rookie

mjarz02's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyfan23
it was fine in wc2010.....Thedefending was balanced in that game.....you couldn't just walk into the cpu player and take the ball away from him.

Remember that I play this game with a house rule of not using the standing tackle button....imagine if I played with it, i'd have many more unrealistic tackles, I already have too much as it is right now.

Play wc2010 on world class level and you will not be tackling the cpu as easy as fifa 11, and if you overpressure them, they will make u pay, so the game essentially forced you to play realistic defense to have success.....in fifa 11, why should I play the passing lanes and have a good formation if 9 times out of 10 i can just tackle the cpu ball carrier and take the ball away?

if they don't fix this issue in a patch, fifa 11 is going to be dead in my eyes.....
I would say that the tackling is VERY close! Standing tackles need to be tuned down just a little bit, and positioning needs to play more of a factor when trying to take the ball away. I try not to use standing tackle as it seems just too easy this year. Hopefully EA will address this in the higher difficulties of the game.

Sliding tackles however have vastly improved IMO.
Old 10-18-2010, 03:13 PM   #24
Banned

OVR: 17

It seems also that all AI teams posses a very one dimensional offensive attack that seems to just consist of leading to the nearest downfield man and going in one on one for the shot. I dont get a sense of the CPU passing back, slowing down the tempo and formulating an offensive attack in the zone by working the ball around.

...Am I correct in this observation and is this something that could be addressed in a patch?

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »