Home

FIFA Soccer 11 Dev Team Update, Actively Working on Fixes

This is a discussion on FIFA Soccer 11 Dev Team Update, Actively Working on Fixes within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-20-2010, 05:36 PM   #41
Pro

OVR: 19
Re: FIFA Soccer 11 Dev Team Update, Actively Working on Fixes

Last year, someone on the EA forum, who is a fan, found something like 60 issues in the game, before the first major patch. This year, it is encouraging that there don't seem to be as many bugs.

I've gone from love, to love/hate, but not ready to love again until that patch appears. I am trying to cope with tackling and fouls. FIFA 11 really forces you to rethink the way you attack and defend.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-21-2010, 04:25 AM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 4

Just found a huge bug with the game.

Playing as a player manager and i got promoted with Crewe Alexander to league 1.
Well, I'm still manager but my virtual pro player is no longer in the squad or the game! wtf...

In Virtual pro settings, I can reassign him to my team but my team in the virtual pro screen is still on the lower division.
Old 10-21-2010, 03:35 PM   #43
Rookie

I think the problem with the tackling is not necessarily the success rate, just with how the tackles can be made. IRL if i receive the ball and it is at my feet and a defender is just sprinting at me and is going to just dive in on a tackle, whether standing or sliding, it is not hard for me to take one small touch and have him miss the ball. In FIFA this is not the case, while it has improved a bit in 11, you can still just sprint at a player receiving the ball and your player will tackle the ball almost every time, no matter what the player with the ball does. If EA would just make it so that while you are sprinting to defend a player and going to tackle, one flick of the right joystick should work to knock it around the player and take him out of the play 19 out of 20 times. If this happened it would slow the game a lot more and solve a lot of the issues people have with just one small fix. Both the AI and people would then have to worry more about defensive shape, tracking runs, and forcing attackers into more pressure or less space in order to take the ball away. I guess what I'm getting at is make sprinting defenders far less likely to take the ball off a players foot because realistically it doesn't happen unless timed and guessed perfectly.

Also, for the second straight year in CM my English Cup fixtures have been in the same exact order, vs AV, vs Bolton/Blackburn winner, vs Chelsea/Man City winner, vs Sunderland/Man Utd winner, and finals against one of 8 remaining teams. It bothers me so much that something like fixture scheduling is messed up when formulas can be so easily manipulated buy developers and thrown into games. I don't face anyone outside of the EPL in any domestic cup and it is very unrealistic to say the least.

Last edited by misterbroom12; 10-21-2010 at 03:39 PM.
Old 10-21-2010, 03:49 PM   #44
YNWA

~LiverpoolRed~'s Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlingBling19
The only real big problem I have with this game is that the CPU is just "surgical" with all there tackles. You can get flattened and there is no call but yet if your player "steps" on a CPU player it's an automatic foul.

It just doesn't make sense how the CPU can get away with everything and as a player you get called for everything.
Amen. This is my only gripe with this game. I've reverted back to FIFA 10 until they patch the tackling (hopefully they implement that in the upcoming patch).
Old 10-22-2010, 01:49 AM   #45
Rookie

OVR: 2

They need to add back the ability to sell higher rated players in MM. Yes, you can list world class players as "for sale", but good luck getting a single offer for one of them. I've had Drogba/Lampard/Anelka/Malouda on sale for 2 seasons now, and I haven't received a single freaking offer yet.

That's just not acceptable.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-22-2010, 02:24 AM   #46
Rookie

OVR: 1

^^ your issue isnt with a glitch in the game, its that you are trying to sell high priced players in their 30s.

switch their status from "for sale" to "season loan" and you will have a lot more success in drawing a return. there are only a handful of clubs that can bring on that type of salary to begin with. so... unless there are major injuries, its highly unlikely anyone will purchase those players on the back end of their career (at that price).

thats real life.
Old 10-22-2010, 11:10 AM   #47
Rookie

Just remembered another problem with the game, some of the players have the wrong commentary names. How does this happen? I play as Arsenal and Sebastien Squillaci is ALWAYS referred to as Englehart. Also, if you have a player whose commentary name is Cole, you will find that the announcers can start talking about Joe Cole as if your player is the same person. Nothing that effects gameplay but is still a pretty big bug.
Old 10-22-2010, 11:36 AM   #48
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by misterbroom12
Just remembered another problem with the game, some of the players have the wrong commentary names. How does this happen? I play as Arsenal and Sebastien Squillaci is ALWAYS referred to as Englehart. Also, if you have a player whose commentary name is Cole, you will find that the announcers can start talking about Joe Cole as if your player is the same person. Nothing that effects gameplay but is still a pretty big bug.
Yeah, I've noticed the Cole bug. Ashley Cole gets referred to as Joe Cole all the time.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »