Home

FIFA 12 Available Now, Post Impressions Here (360, PS3)

This is a discussion on FIFA 12 Available Now, Post Impressions Here (360, PS3) within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-24-2011, 07:12 AM   #49
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

OVR: 65
Re: FIFA 12 Season Ticket Early Release Available Now, Post Impressions Here (360, PS

Like sithree I too can not score from long range but it feels more like football kingdom in that respect so it's not all bad..

The thing rock and royce will become bored of will be the adboards like myself. Watch it'll be the factor trust me thats why you guys cant put a finger in it its something so obvious yet it's beyond normal comprehension

Admittedly some of the stadiums are downright gorgeous...

Playing in some Germany stadia/stadiums and it was like the real thing. Missing though is the progressive lighting that Madden 12 has...

There are two things that make the game for me right now after ALOT of plating I'm at about the 12 hr mark...

1)Gameplay against the AI/CPU. Feels like it's human. With slider settings set for Pro difficutly for me i'm getting the most realistic gameplay EVER in a soccer/futbol game.
2)Commentary! The commentary follows the play PERFECTLY. It's like a real tv game match. ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT

And there's the two things that make the game boring and uninteresting

1)Career Mode is a bland excuse for being pretty much a trade and transfer game with no real "club" excitement etc. They've improved the interface but it takes FOREVER to play a game within he set up with all the fixture simulating etc etc. it's annoying boring and doesn't resemble a EUROPEAN experience at all
2)They got the grass right, but adboards and the fact that you do not feel like you are in a international country stinks. They should really start to implement an outside of the stadium presentation
Old 09-24-2011, 07:40 AM   #50
MVP

CarryTheWeight's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: FIFA 12 Season Ticket Early Release Available Now, Post Impressions Here (360, PS

Played a few games last night after I got home from work and...man. I was destroyed. In the first half of my first Toronto FC/Vancouver tilt from BC Place, I seemed to handle the new controls and defensive philosophy well, until I started making small mistakes that led to goals. It's almost like you need to be aware of many things at once and pay attention to what's going on around you, not necessarily the player with the ball as you could in years past. Final score of game 1? 0-0 at halftime, 5-0 Vancouver fulltime.

Second game was just as ugly, if not a thousand percent worse. My Bolton side was absolutely throttled by Stoke from the opening whistle, as AI Peter Crouch came away with a dumbfounding five goals by the time the 7-0 Stoke massacre was in the books. I still have a long way to go, even for someone as experienced with the series as I thought I was. Oh well, baby steps...

Not sure if this is a problem with the PS3 version or if the Season Ticket version excludes this completely, but Clive Tyldesley and Andy Townsend's commentary is not there - the opening graphics mention them but no audio plays. I'm not so concerned as long as it's there on the retail version, but I just found it strange that a feature promoted by EA isn't fully implemented in the Season Ticket edition - proof, at least, that these pre-release versions shouldn't be taken as the "real McCoy" just yet.

Last edited by CarryTheWeight; 09-24-2011 at 08:00 AM.
Old 09-24-2011, 08:54 AM   #51
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarryTheWeight
Played a few games last night after I got home from work and...man. I was destroyed. In the first half of my first Toronto FC/Vancouver tilt from BC Place, I seemed to handle the new controls and defensive philosophy well, until I started making small mistakes that led to goals. It's almost like you need to be aware of many things at once and pay attention to what's going on around you, not necessarily the player with the ball as you could in years past. Final score of game 1? 0-0 at halftime, 5-0 Vancouver fulltime.

Second game was just as ugly, if not a thousand percent worse. My Bolton side was absolutely throttled by Stoke from the opening whistle, as AI Peter Crouch came away with a dumbfounding five goals by the time the 7-0 Stoke massacre was in the books. I still have a long way to go, even for someone as experienced with the series as I thought I was. Oh well, baby steps...

Not sure if this is a problem with the PS3 version or if the Season Ticket version excludes this completely, but Clive Tyldesley and Andy Townsend's commentary is not there - the opening graphics mention them but no audio plays. I'm not so concerned as long as it's there on the retail version, but I just found it strange that a feature promoted by EA isn't fully implemented in the Season Ticket edition - proof, at least, that these pre-release versions shouldn't be taken as the "real McCoy" just yet.

I played in BC Place it was fun
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2011, 09:23 AM   #52
Rookie

OVR: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by slthree
One Full game played as the United States

Lost 4-1 to the Netherlands

Game is visually a feast. It's beautiful. Stadium was awesome
Player Movement is fantastic.
Shooting is great.

Very Happy: CPU seemed to be working the possesion game in the midfield. Lots of passes laterally and a few backwards.

Bummed: I experienced no shots from distance the whole game

Big Problem: CPU never changed formation nor tactic despite blowing me out.

Bigger Problem: When the CPU finally made a change it was aterrible one. They took out Kuyt who was playing the left wing. Kuyt has strong work rate and gets back on defense regularly. He's an unselfish bulldog.

They replaced him with a hotshot kid ( Allefay) who has ZERO defensive aspirations. He's a trickster, a speed demon, offensive minded.

I hope everyone who has the game will pay attention to 2 things please:
1. cpu changing tactics/formation
2. cpu shooting from distance

If those 2 things happen I would buy this game

In my 2nd game and there is no commentary
Your ''big problem'' isn't a problem at all loool why would you CHANGE tactic if your destroying the opposition???
Your ''Bigger problem'' also made absolutely no sense to me if they're beating you 4-1, why would they have a problem putting on someone who will attack you even more from the flanks in place of someone whos defensively minded? Man U didn't beat Arsenal 8-2 () by taking off ashley young (whos not the best defender) and putting on Ji Sung Park (who like Kuyt is defensively minded)...
If anything the problems you thought to highlight I looked at and thought that the game seems to have increased in realism, not regressed....
Just saying
Old 09-24-2011, 09:39 AM   #53
Rookie

sventheone's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarryTheWeight

You can Change the commentary in the settings before the start of the game under audio, Martin Tyler and Alan smith are set to default.
UK wildcats
Hilltoppers
Portland Timbers
Old 09-24-2011, 09:47 AM   #54
MVP

CarryTheWeight's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by sventheone
You can Change the commentary in the settings before the start of the game under audio, Martin Tyler and Alan smith are set to default.
I'm aware of that and had both commentary teams pop up in matches, but only Martin and Alan's track actually plays. Like I said, Clive and Andy's names pop up in the intro but no audio is heard during the game. Must be a disk space issue or some kind of strange glitch (PS3 Season Ticket version).
Old 09-24-2011, 09:49 AM   #55
is looking at stats.

Krebstar's Arena

OVR: 15

Two random things, I am seeing shots from distance. If you properly close down and hold your shape, the AI will take shots from distance due to not getting through you.

Second, fast players seem to work better now. With Walcott, if I make a move on a lower tier LB, I'm by them and gone if they're playing me too close. Ratings seem to matter more now.

Another thing, if you're patient on defense and really work to hold and not rush at the ball, the AI will do some brilliant build up. I've seen back passes. Yes, in FIFA. Also, the AI switching sides of the field many times to try and find a better attack.

Last edited by Krebstar; 09-24-2011 at 09:55 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2011, 10:50 AM   #56
MVP

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomba
Like sithree I too can not score from long range but it feels more like football kingdom in that respect so it's not all bad..

The thing rock and royce will become bored of will be the adboards like myself. Watch it'll be the factor trust me thats why you guys cant put a finger in it its something so obvious yet it's beyond normal comprehension

Admittedly some of the stadiums are downright gorgeous...

Playing in some Germany stadia/stadiums and it was like the real thing. Missing though is the progressive lighting that Madden 12 has...

There are two things that make the game for me right now after ALOT of plating I'm at about the 12 hr mark...

1)Gameplay against the AI/CPU. Feels like it's human. With slider settings set for Pro difficutly for me i'm getting the most realistic gameplay EVER in a soccer/futbol game.
2)Commentary! The commentary follows the play PERFECTLY. It's like a real tv game match. ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT

And there's the two things that make the game boring and uninteresting

1)Career Mode is a bland excuse for being pretty much a trade and transfer game with no real "club" excitement etc. They've improved the interface but it takes FOREVER to play a game within he set up with all the fixture simulating etc etc. it's annoying boring and doesn't resemble a EUROPEAN experience at all
2)They got the grass right, but adboards and the fact that you do not feel like you are in a international country stinks. They should really start to implement an outside of the stadium presentation
At first it was funny, but by the 100th time, it's just annoying. Give it up.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »