Home

How's Your FIFA Career Mode Going?

This is a discussion on How's Your FIFA Career Mode Going? within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 08-30-2014, 11:04 AM   #5081
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: How's Your FIFA 14 Career Mode Going?

BATTLING WITH BORUSSIA
SEASON 5

Match 15

FC Bayern 2-2 Borussia Dortmund
Reus 11
Gotze 41
Schurrle 63
Alaba 85

Reus opened the scoring against our rivals, curling in from close range. Gotze equalised, finding space in the box and stroking in first time. Schurrle smashed in the second but Alaba's late header, flicked into the corner grabbed a draw.

International Friendlies

Norway 1-1 Germany
Nielsen 16
Kittel 61

Slovenia 1-1 Germany
Kruse 60
Jelenic 82

Matches simmed.

Match 15

Borussia Dortmund 0-1 Bayer 04
Bony 3
Bony got the only goal of the match, chipping Toselli on the volley very early on. It was quite a dull match from then on.

Champions League Match 5

CSKA Moskva 1-2 Borussia Dortmund
Dzagoev 12
Ducksch 28
Bender 60

Dzagoev slotted in to give CSKA the lead but Ducksch turned his man and smashed into the far corner. Bender won it, chesting down and volleying into the top corner on the run.

Match 16

Hamburger SV 1-3 Borussia Dortmund
Reus 32
Beister 58
Lukaku 62
Schurrle 77

Reus curled in the opener after a brilliant pass by Emre Can. Beister knocked in after chesting down to equalise but Lukaku's long range low shot beat the keeper to regain the lead. Schurrle made sure of victory, racing clear and smashing into the top corner with the outside of his boot.

League Table

1. Borussia Dortmund 41
2. Bayer Leverkusen 37
3. FC Bayern 36
4. VfL Wolfsburg 36
5. FC Schalke 30
6. Hertha BSC 29
-----
16. FSV Mainz 9
17. FC Augsburg 9
18. TSG Hoffenheim 8
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2014, 11:48 AM   #5082
Rookie

JAGGER6223's Arena

Reading Appoint New Manager

22 of June 2013

Reading FC have announced Chelsea FC youth coach Jake Gaspar 37, from Australia as their new manager, replacing Nigel Adkins who finished his intern managerial stint at the Madejski Stadium in disappointing fashion being relegated after one season in the top flight of English Football. The announcement of Gaspar's hiring was made on the club's website with a statement from Owner Sir John Madejski. "I am delighted to announce Jake Gaspar as our new long term manager. He has the same vision the board and I have for the club and I think he'll fit into the club real well. Gaspar, who move to England as a 19 year old have moved up the ranks of many London clubs including Millwall, Brentford before winning the Youth FA cup with Chelsea's under 21 squad alerting many clubs in England. We understand that a press conference at the Madejski Stadium will be held later today

Sky Sports

Press Conference

Sir John Madejski: Thankyou for coming. I would like to present our new manager. Jake Gaspar

Me: Hello everyone, happy to be here

Sky Sports: Congratulations. How do you feel?

Me: It's a dream come true. Since I was 19 and I moved to the UK my dream was to become a manager of a big club. I feel that I have achieved this dream

BBC: What will you bring to this team?

Me: Good Football. I want to first get promoted straight away then win trophies at this club and my goal is to achieve it.

Reading Post: the team has made some good moves in the transfer window already. Are you going to make many more.

Me: We have a very strong squad. I am happy that many of the players stayed after the relegation. I still feel we need more players to improve this squad and to cover the players who have left the club.

Sky Sports: We are hearing that you are going to change the captaincy. McAnuff has been a great server for the club. do you think this will affect the chemistry?

Me: Firstly; Jobi (McAnuff) will still be our club captain. I want him to stay at this club until he retires, he is a great leader and for what I have heard a great person. However, we do have a leadership squad and due to the many game we face this season the armband will be given to players in the group.

Me: Thank you for coming.

__________________________________________________ ______________________________

EDIT:
Ok I decided to do Reading instead of Derby first Update will be up tomorrow my time

it's the last role of the dice

Last edited by JAGGER6223; 08-30-2014 at 11:56 AM.
Old 08-30-2014, 12:05 PM   #5083
MVP

Better, Best, Basque

September

Elche 1 - 3 Athletic Bilbao
Fidel 62'
Agirretxe 45', 54', Iturraspe 78'

Athletic Bilbao 2 - 0 Granada CF
Cerezo 17', Iturraspe 64'

Panathinaikos 0 - 2 Athletic Bilbao, Champions League
Agirretxe 6', Muniain 87'

Atletico Madrid 3 - 3 Athletic Bilbao
Negredo 44' pen, Insua 57', Adrian 68'
Muniain 35', Griezmann 84', San Jose 90'

A spectacular game which ended in a spectacular comeback. Athletic Club started the game well and they got a goal in the 35th minute when Muniain received a through ball on the left side of the box. He turned right and got past Godin with stepovers before curling the ball in the bottom right corner. Atletico started attacking more and they got a penalty after a handball call by the referee. Negredo didn't miss and he put the ball down the middle. About ten minutes later Los Colchoneros got a free kick from the right. The ball was whipped in the middle and it was headed at Ruffier who parried the ball. Atletico's Insua was the first one to reach the ball and he put it in the net. The Basques tried to get an equaliser but they didn't manage to do so and Adrian Lopez ended a counter attack from a cross. It looked like Bilbao were going to lose but the Lions, as they are known, kept on fighting like lions and they pulled one back after Antoine Griezmann dribbled inside the box from the right before putting the ball to the bottom left corner. Athletic kept on pushing and pushing but they didn't manage to break the opponent's defence until the 90th minute. Bilbao got a corner which was cleared by Godin. Another corner. Griezmann put a perfect cross in the box and Mikel San Jose hit it perfectly over Jan Oblak in goal. The away fans couldn't believe it!

Athletic Bilbao 2 - 0 Malaga CF
Ruiz de Galarreta 22', 55'

Real Sociedad 2 - 4 Athletic Bilbao
Carlos Martinez 75', Aduriz 90'
Griezmann 52', Ruben Pardo 66', Agirretxe 78', 90'

The awaited Basque derby ended in Bilbao's victory as expected. It would have been really shameful if Athletic had lost after buying half of Sociedad's team. The game was pretty even but Athletic's finishing was more clinical. The first goal was scored by the ex-Sociedad winger Griezmann who curled the ball past Sociedad's keeper from the right. The man showed respect to his old club by not celebrating the goal. Fifteen minutes later Ruben Pardo, ex-Sociedad as well, made it two after he finished a counter attack from outside the box. The young Spaniard also didn't celebrate his goal. About ten minutes later Carlos Martinez pulled one back from a corner. Bilbao managed to score a third right after kickoff when Iraola whipped in a cross for Agirretxe, who didn't celebrate his goal like his other two teammates. Athletic's star striker from last season, Aritz Aduriz, headed the ball to the net in 90th minute and Agirretxe answered to that by doing the same thing from kickoff, again. Athletic Bilbao were victorious in the first Basque derby of the season.

Youth Academy

Andres Ferreras
, CAM, 16 Years Old, 63-67 Ovr, 87-93 Pot

Victor Jimenez, LM, 16 Years Old, 66-70 Ovr, 88-94 Pot

Champions League Group

Athletic Bilbao, 3 pts
Arsenal FC, 1 pt
FC Schalke 04, 1 pt
Panathinaikos, 0 pts

League Table

1. FC Barcelona, 17 pts
2. Athletic Bilbao, 16 pts
3. Valencia CF, 16 pts
4. Sevilla CF, 16 pts
5. RCD Espanyol, 15 pts
6. Real Madrid, 15 pts
------------------------------
18. Getafe, 3 pts
19. Granada CF, 2 pts
20. RC Deportivo, 1 pt

Press Conference

Good afternoon. You have reached second place in the league, what do you think about that?

It's good to bounce back so quickly and I really think we deserve to be in the top four. We played some really good games this past month and we showed how we never give up.

You are also leading your Champions League group.

But just after one game. There are still five games left against really good teams. Everything can happen in those games but I'm sure we will make it through our group.

What do you think about beating Real Sociedad?

We played well and deserved to win but we weren't good defensively. Then again, we scored more than them and that's all that matters. It would have been terrible if we had lost to a team which sold half of the squad to us.

A lot of people critisized the arrivals of Agirretxe and Griezmann after few games. Now it looks like those people were wrong.

You are right and I completely disagree with those people. Maybe Imanol (Agirretxe) and Antoine (Griezmann) didn't have the greatest of starts in their first games because they were getting used to new tactics and playing styles. Now they have shown their qualities and they are really important players for the team. I'm happy to have them in the team.

Alright, thanks for your time.

You're welcome.

I have one question for you. Would you like me to finish the season with Bilbao first or continue the Hertha career now?

Thank you for reading the post! I hope you have enjoyed it! Any feedback and suggestions will be appreciated!
Old 08-30-2014, 12:50 PM   #5084
Pro

BATTLING WITH BORUSSIA
SEASON 5

Match 17

Borussia Dortmund 3-2 VfL Wolfsburg
Lukaku 4
Reus 30
Can 45
Arnold 73
Sandro 86

Lukaku headed in early on for a goal against his former club. Reus curled in to make it 2 and an absolute stunner from Can made it 3. Arnold slotted in and Sandro headed home to set up a nervy ending but we held on.

Champions League Match 6

PSG 2-4 Borussia Dortmund
Ducksch 6
Benteke 17
Son 42
Son 57
Lucas 80
Howedes 90

Ducksch headed in the opener before Benteke smashed in. Son headed in himself before curling into the corner. Lucas got one back after rounding Toselli but Howedes scored a great goal in stoppage time to make sure. A corner went through to Howedes, who back to goal flicked it over his head, spun and volleyed into the bottom corner.

Match 18

FSV Mainz 3-3 Borussia Dortmund
Lukaku 8
Koo 10
Lukaku 14
Muller 45
Volland 54
Parker 78

Lukaku headed in the opener before Koo smashed in after a long ball forward. Lukaku smashed in again but Mulle curled in to equalise. Volland intercepted the keeper's pass and curled in but Parker smashed in from a route 1 ball.

Match 20

Borussia Dortmund 3-1 FC Schalke
Clemens 24
Reus 45
Lukaku 50
Lukaku 63

Clemens gave Schalke the lead, smashing in from the edge of the box before Reus turned his man and smashed home. Lukaku smashed in to give us the lead and made sure of victory, placing in off the post.

Deutscher Pokal Round 3

SV Werder 2-3 Borussia Dortmund (aet)
Di Santo 7
Reus 21
Reus 55
Fullkrug 70
Schurrle 95

Simmed.
Old 08-30-2014, 01:32 PM   #5085
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamiec47

BATTLING WITH BORUSSIA
SEASON 5

Match 17

Borussia Dortmund 3-2 VfL Wolfsburg
Lukaku 4
Reus 30
Can 45
Arnold 73
Sandro 86

Lukaku headed in early on for a goal against his former club. Reus curled in to make it 2 and an absolute stunner from Can made it 3. Arnold slotted in and Sandro headed home to set up a nervy ending but we held on.

Champions League Match 6

PSG 2-4 Borussia Dortmund
Ducksch 6
Benteke 17
Son 42
Son 57
Lucas 80
Howedes 90

Ducksch headed in the opener before Benteke smashed in. Son headed in himself before curling into the corner. Lucas got one back after rounding Toselli but Howedes scored a great goal in stoppage time to make sure. A corner went through to Howedes, who back to goal flicked it over his head, spun and volleyed into the bottom corner.

Match 18

FSV Mainz 3-3 Borussia Dortmund
Lukaku 8
Koo 10
Lukaku 14
Muller 45
Volland 54
Parker 78

Lukaku headed in the opener before Koo smashed in after a long ball forward. Lukaku smashed in again but Mulle curled in to equalise. Volland intercepted the keeper's pass and curled in but Parker smashed in from a route 1 ball.

Match 20

Borussia Dortmund 3-1 FC Schalke
Clemens 24
Reus 45
Lukaku 50
Lukaku 63

Clemens gave Schalke the lead, smashing in from the edge of the box before Reus turned his man and smashed home. Lukaku smashed in to give us the lead and made sure of victory, placing in off the post.

Deutscher Pokal Round 3

SV Werder 2-3 Borussia Dortmund (aet)
Di Santo 7
Reus 21
Reus 55
Fullkrug 70
Schurrle 95

Simmed.
I am loving your team so much, What rating are Benteke, Lukaku, Reus and Ducksh btw?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2014, 01:33 PM   #5086
MVP

Morecambe F.C.
Season Three

The Shrimps

February

Morecambe 1 - Bristol City 2
62' Baldock
82' Brockie
90' Williams

Northern Ireland 3 - Wales 1
18' Baird
35' Davis
42' Taylor
79' McKay

Venezuela 0 - Northern Ireland 1
49' Winchester

Morecambe 1 - Wolverhampton 2
8' Jacobs
15' Marshall
45' Doumbia

Brimingham City 1 - Morecambe 0
30' Asante

F.A. Cup
Cardiff City 1 - Morecambe 2
38' Brockie
45' Humphreys
66' Kim

Morecambe 1 - Blackburn Rovers 2
25' Goodwillie
26' Marshall
29' King

Table
1. QPR - 70 pts
2. Crystal Palace - 62 pts
3. Nottingham Forest - 60 pts
4. Watford - 59 pts
5. Wolverhampton - 59 pts
6. Hull City - 57 pts
11. Morecambe - 50 pts

Youth Academy
Allen Juricic - 15 yrs (CAM) 53-57 OVR 69-73 POT, Serbia
Craig McLaughlin - 15 yrs (CDM) 55-59 OVR 75-81 POT, Northern Ireland
Joey Paton - 15 yrs (CM) 51-55 OVR 72-76 POT, Northern Ireland
Jonny Doherty - 16 yrs (RB) 59-63 OVR 73-79 POT, Northern Ireland

Press Conference

Q: This will officially go down as your worst month at the club. What can you tell us about the results?

A: We were awful, nothing more can really be said about it. Our defense was disjointed and we couldn't find a rhythm going the other way either. Failing to take a point all month is embarrassing. This level of performance was unacceptable and I apologize to the supporters for the showing this month.

Q: What changes are needed to be made to avoid another month like this one?

A: The defense needs to tighten up and we can't continue to let opposing teams run right through us. We are also giving the ball away too easily and giving them chances to counter before our defense can really get themselves set. We just need to be better in all aspects of the game. I can't say there were any bright spots this past month.

Q: The one positive piece of news was that you advanced to the quarter finals of the F.A. Cup after beating Cardiff City. How much of an emphasis is being put on this competition right now with the struggles in league play?

A: We take it very seriously. The F.A. Cup is a big trophy, and it is one that we would love to win one day if possible. We are going to to give each club we face our best performance we can out there. We were lucky this month that the one positive performance we had was in this competition. Hopefully we can turn it around in league play while having continued success in this competition.

Last edited by texasbum06; 08-30-2014 at 01:41 PM.
Old 08-30-2014, 01:46 PM   #5087
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchAkinfenwa
I am loving your team so much, What rating are Benteke, Lukaku, Reus and Ducksh btw?
I sold Benteke to PSG in August, so he scored against me. I think he's an 86 but I can't be sure. Reus is 85, Lukaku 90 and Ducksch is 74
Old 08-30-2014, 02:26 PM   #5088
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamiec47
I sold Benteke to PSG in August, so he scored against me. I think he's an 86 but I can't be sure. Reus is 85, Lukaku 90 and Ducksch is 74
Lukaku grew with 10points, Damn. And reus didnt grow but thats expected, Ducksch is any good?

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »