Home

FIFA World Cup 2014 Brazil: Why You Should Care

This is a discussion on FIFA World Cup 2014 Brazil: Why You Should Care within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-20-2014, 06:30 PM   #41
jb1
Rookie

OVR: 7
Must say i'm really looking forward to WC 2014, i loved playing through the tournament multiple times back in 2010 even playing every game of the tournament in one save. Not sure whether I will purchase the game at release as I normally like to wait for the domestic season to finish first as I struggle to get into WC mode until the media hype machine comes into full force but I will definitely be getting it by the end of May.

I thought the gameplay in 2010 was great and i'm expecting it to be again. Add in the presentation which is normally great in the WC games and I think we'll be in for a real treat. Even the commentary team of Clive and Andy which I don't particularly enjoy on tv works really well in the WC games.

Also glad we have a full game rather than the dlc release for Euro 2012 which I thought was really poor.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-20-2014, 07:08 PM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 0
i think the reason it's not on next gen is because of the game's value is a very small window. Once the world cup ends, you'll probably see this game for cheap on eBay.
Old 02-20-2014, 07:11 PM   #43
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogslax41
That is true for next gen but the lack of a pc release goes counter to that argument. I am curious if that means EA is already transitioning pc to the ignite engine and the complexity and variation of that engine compared to current gen is the reason its not created for next gen and pc or if they are planning to abandon it all together.
It'd be great if they released a pc version, but if it would have been anything like the euro 2012 addon, it would not have been worth it, that version was horrible.
Old 02-21-2014, 03:07 AM   #44
MVP

sarlndr's Arena

OVR: 6
How many teams won't have the correct kit, that's my question.

Patience has paid off for me so far. I've been able to resist the urge to get a NG console for the time being. As WC 2014 proves, there is still a lot of life left in the ol' PS3 and 360.

Last edited by sarlndr; 02-21-2014 at 03:21 AM.
Old 02-21-2014, 04:28 AM   #45

jvalverde88's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: FIFA World Cup 2014 Brazil: Why You Should Care

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarlndr
How many teams won't have the correct kit, that's my question.

Patience has paid off for me so far. I've been able to resist the urge to get a NG console for the time being. As WC 2014 proves, there is still a lot of life left in the ol' PS3 and 360.
Pretty sure all teams will have their kits, at least that was the case with the last World Cup game. If I were EA I would release this game at 40 or 50 bucks to make up for the game not being available for next gen.

Quote:
Never let fear determine who you are. Never let where you came from determine where you are going.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-21-2014, 09:11 AM   #46
MVP

DBMcGee3's Arena

OVR: 7
I just can't justify dropping $60 on a game that's only relevant for a few months, especially knowing I can just set up the world cup on the standard game and use my imagination a little. Really a dick move by EA, predictably.
Old 02-21-2014, 12:58 PM   #47

dubcity's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: FIFA World Cup 2014 Brazil: Why You Should Care

No FIFA World Cup on Next-Gen??? /1st world problems.

Sent from my SCH-I930 using Tapatalk
Old 02-21-2014, 02:22 PM   #48
Rookie

uncpride's Arena

Kept my xbox 360, and have a xbox one. Bought fifa 14 for xbox one.....THINKING tournament and everything would be included like the 360/PS3 version, and it wasn't there. I'd probably buy a used copy of FIFA 14 for xbox 360 IF the world cup was a DLC, i'm not spending an extra $60. EA is terrible, no wonder they're going to ****

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »