Home

FIFA 16 OS Community Sliders

This is a discussion on FIFA 16 OS Community Sliders within the EA Sports FIFA Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-30-2015, 12:34 PM   #857
Rookie

Stimuli's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: FIFA 16 OS Community Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion523
I feel your pain guys with some of this stuff, I really do and Matt and I have really been working to get this exactly right. With that said could you guys try this:
20/50 marking with 51/50 Acceleration. This has for me dialed everything in. I can compete physically(if my player of course is the stronger man), and most of all I no longer feel a step behind. Give it a try, let us know.
As for normal speed, maybe it's the answer, I don't know but before I even go there I want to exhaust all possibilities on slow.
With Line Height @ 55/55?
Old 09-30-2015, 12:34 PM   #858
Rookie

Gnemi's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohvitser12
That ping pong passing drives me nuts sometimes.
The ping-pong back line passing is extremely prominent in FIFA 16 but I don't probably hate it nearly as much as everybody else. I think I just see it too often in real life football?

Tactically speaking, the modern game has changed a lot to where teams emulate one another, despite personnel "deficiencies". I'm okay with some mid-tier or even bottom-tier top flight club trying possession / high pressure football as long as they're not any good at it! It's one thing to have a team doing that with Hazard or Iniesta, but when they're doing that stuff with Lee Cattermole, it had better fail!
Old 09-30-2015, 12:43 PM   #859
MVP

OVR: 6

Quote:
I feel your pain guys with some of this stuff, I really do and Matt and I have really been working to get this exactly right. With that said could you guys try this:
20/50 marking with 51/50 Acceleration. This has for me dialed everything in. I can compete physically(if my player of course is the stronger man), and most of all I no longer feel a step behind. Give it a try, let us know.
As for normal speed, maybe it's the answer, I don't know but before I even go there I want to exhaust all possibilities on slow.
I tried marking at 20 once, i felt that CPU had way too much space and time with the ball. Now, they DID play better, but with so much time on the ball they ended up having a lot of possession (bad teams mind you), since they hold on to the ball more often.

Like Johan Cruijff said one day "Everyone can play like Maradona if they have more than 3 seconds on the ball".

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohvitser12
I agree with everything you said overhere.I see exactly the same things as you do.Also teams play very similary imo.Bayern or wolfsburg or Augsburg..they all look quite the same..the way they build up the game and so on.That ping pong passing drives me nuts sometimes.
To me the main problem between teams is that itīs way easier to win against a 5 star team than a 3 or 4 star team. Canīt put my finger on the reason, but im sure others have noticed this...
Old 09-30-2015, 12:48 PM   #860
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Try the 20/50 with accel at 51/50, please. I'm on phone I hate typing on this thing.
Old 09-30-2015, 12:51 PM   #861
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnemi
The ping-pong back line passing is extremely prominent in FIFA 16 but I don't probably hate it nearly as much as everybody else. I think I just see it too often in real life football?

Tactically speaking, the modern game has changed a lot to where teams emulate one another, despite personnel "deficiencies". I'm okay with some mid-tier or even bottom-tier top flight club trying possession / high pressure football as long as they're not any good at it! It's one thing to have a team doing that with Hazard or Iniesta, but when they're doing that stuff with Lee Cattermole, it had better fail!
Yeah ,but the thing is that they donīt fail and it was the same to play against a weaker team than to play against Bayern.Bayern should be much much more dangerous considering the firepower they have.Maby itīs that there isnīt much difference in this game if you have an 85 rated or 78 rated player.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2015, 12:56 PM   #862
Rookie

DIGIT4LB4TH's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10

Try the 20/50 with accel at 51/50, please. I'm on phone I hate typing on this thing.

Quote:
Trying it out now. No work today, champions league on tv tonight and plenty of time to play around with slider settings.
Old 09-30-2015, 01:05 PM   #863
Rookie

A couple of observations to throw into the mix based on the sliders in the OP:

1. The CPU is struggling to get into my box and create meaningful chances. Most of their chances seem to come from a quick 1-2 right outside the box and firing in.

2.CPU Tiki-Taka has been greatly reduced. I don't press very high up the pitch and wait to engage until around the center circle and it has resulted in a much more sim-like feel for me.

Really, I'd just like to see a little more onus and variety from CPU attacking and I reckon these would be damn near perfection. Good stuff.

Non-Slider question: Does anyone know if there matches are contextual? So to say if I capitalize on a defending error from the CPU and start packing on the goals, is it due to some sort of momentum or confidence metric? Or is it entirely human? Just curious whether I'm imposing my own narrative on proceedings or whether there is some sort of underlying variability there.
Old 09-30-2015, 01:06 PM   #864
Pro

Josam27o7's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:

You feel a step behind? What do you mean? The game starts to feel too easy when you give acceleration or sprint advantages to the human.

Last edited by Josam27o7; 09-30-2015 at 01:13 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders »