Home

FIFA 16 OS Community Sliders

This is a discussion on FIFA 16 OS Community Sliders within the EA Sports FIFA Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-01-2015, 08:07 PM   #985
All Star

orion523's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: FIFA 16 OS Community Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebsat
Great work bro, much appreciated.

@Orion @Matt Which one are you recommend to use?
Tactical Defending or Legacy Defending?
Analog Sprint ON or OFF?
I use full manual, tactical defending, analog sprint on.
Matt uses semi passing, legacy defending. Not sure about A.S.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2015, 08:10 PM   #986
All Star

orion523's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josam27o7
Did some testing on Legendary/Full-Manual/Tactical Defending. Definitely agree with the people who are concerned that the CPU is not threatening enough in attack. It's been too easy for a weaker side to defend stronger sides.

As far as line height 55. At 55 the defenders lay back too much. Ruining the experience b/c they should be stepping up.

I do not support 51 acceleration for the User b/c it makes defending EVEN EASIER in holding off strong sides.
55 height works with the new length setup, as for the ACC discrepancy, for legendary I think it's OK because Im pretty sure there's a built in stat boost for that level.
Old 10-01-2015, 08:17 PM   #987
Rookie

OVR: 0

(That is encouraging, man. I didn't really want to go to Legendary because I like the WC/Legendary (home/away) set up - but it may be one of those points to cut our losses.)

Can someone elaborate on the WC/Legendary (home/away) set up please?
Old 10-01-2015, 08:21 PM   #988
Rookie

Rebsat's Arena

OVR: 3

Guide: Tackling FIFA 16's Sliders System from Gamereactor site

World Class - 6 min - Normal
Control settings divided between assisted or semi...

Sprint Speed: 49/47
Raising this option will increase the maximum speed of the players, which naturally greatly influences the pace of the game. FIFA 15 was clearly excessive in terms of pacing, something the new edition is keen to reduce. Still, we believe that these touches - especially for the AI - makes for a more realistic game.

Acceleration: 48/46
The higher the value on this slider, the faster players will reach their maximum speed. Honestly, it seems that both need to have lower values, as the CPU in particular can make some crazy sprints down the sidelines, especially when playing on higher difficulties.

Shot Error: 50/50
This setting defines shooting accuracy, and the higher the value, the wider the shot will go. We have chosen to leave this value ​​in the predefined setting, because both the player and artificial intelligence will usually be able to hit the goal without exceptional placement.

Pass Error: 49/52
Similar to what happens with shooting, the higher the value of this setting, passes will hit the mark with less frequently. In this category we needed to slightly improve the efficiency of the player, worsening the passing skills of the artificial intelligence. In the default settings, the AI can exchange the ball with infuriating efficiency.

Shot Speed: 49/49
Shots in FIFA 16 are strong but not too strong, so we decided to only slightly lower their speed. Shots grow weaker the lower this value is. In this regard, both the player, and the CPU, seemed balanced.

Pass Speed: 49/48
As with shooting, the passing only needs a light touch to improve the game's pacing. In the World Class difficulty, it seems that the CPU's passing is slightly higher than the players, so we decided to balance things out by reducing it an extra point.

Injury Frequency: 50/50
As the name implies, this option increases or decreases the frequency of injuries per game. Some players like to increase this category so there are more injuries during a game. In contrast, many also lower this option to avoid having to deal with injured players.

Injury Severity: 50/50
This sets the severity of injuries, i.e., the higher the value, the bigger the chances of a serious injury. As mentioned above, some players increase the frequency, but reduce the severity, creating more injuries, but less serious ones. In our opinion these two settings are irrelevant so we let them be.

Goalkeeper Ability: 46/46
EA has greatly improved the keepers in FIFA 16, and in fact, they sometimes make some truly impossible saves. In our view, they are too good, but with no advantage to the player or CPU. That is why we lowered the values ​​on both, so that the goalkeeper is less effective but also more realistic.

Positioning - Marking: 55/48
This is one of the points in which there is a large difference between the player's and the AI. While the player defends poorly, the CPU is relentless in its marking. That is why we improved the player's values ​​and downgraded the CPU's. This will make it a bit easier to defend, and allow for some breathing space in the midfield.

Positioning - Run Frequency: 55/45
With this option you can determine the number of forward runs. If the player's AI sometimes seems a bit static, the CPU's never seems to rest, so we decided to create a good difference between the two values. In terms of game played, it seems that the two sets of AI behave more evenly in this configuration.

Positioning - Line Height: 55/55
The higher this value, the closer the defensive lines will be to the midfield. Sometimes they seem to be backing off a bit too much, so we decided to make them both go a bit higher up the field. But don't worry, it's not high enough to allow overly frequent counter-attacks.

Positioning - Line Length: 30/45
This parameter controls the separation between the lines of the team (defence, midfield, attack), which seem far apart in the default mode. With these options, the players will be slightly closer to each other, facilitating easier passing moves between them.

Positioning - Line Width: 50/50
With this option you can define the width of the lines, i.e., the distance between the fullbacks and the central defenders. The higher the value, the closer the line will be from touching the side. We saw no need to change the default settings.

Positioning - Fullback Positioning: 45/45
In today's football, the movement of fullbacks up the pitch is becoming increasingly crucial, but in FIFA 16 it seems somewhat excessive, to the point the fullback sometimes moves further along than the winger. So we have reduced the value for both the player and the CPU. This provides a good amount of forward runs from the fullbacks, without leaving the defence exposed too often.

First Touch Control Error: 50/52
Setting the First Touch error defines the efficiency with which the player controls the ball when they receive it. In this case, the higher the value, the greater the chances of a poor reception. From our experience, the CPU controls the ball with excessive ease, so we have opted to slightly decrease his control.

Power Bar: 50
This option is only available for the player, and controls the time you need to press buttons to fill the power bar. We like the default value, so we haven't altered this.

Source:
http://www.gamereactor.eu/articles/3...Sliders+System
Old 10-01-2015, 08:40 PM   #989
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleOfEden
(That is encouraging, man. I didn't really want to go to Legendary because I like the WC/Legendary (home/away) set up - but it may be one of those points to cut our losses.)

Can someone elaborate on the WC/Legendary (home/away) set up please?
It's when you change the difficulty of the game based on whether you're home or away in MM (or play now too I suppose but I'd probably not bother). Some people go even more in depth where they do it by star rating (IE 5 star - Legendary, 4.5 Legendary or WC, 4 - WC, 3.5/3 - Pro, etc.). I've only ever used the home and away set up myself although occasionally to save time in past editions I'd set a league or FA cup match against a lower division side to pro, play my younger players/reserves and turn the match time down to 4 or 5 minute halves. When I did this I would also leave all rivalry games at Legendary no matter where it was played. My logic being that Everton and United never roll over for Liverpool and nor does Liverpool ever roll over for them, if the goal difference is huge it's because the winning team was simply better. Also I would leave it legendary for a games in europe against the elite teams as well.

Last edited by Saintslfc13; 10-01-2015 at 08:45 PM.
Old 10-01-2015, 08:51 PM   #990
Rookie

SabresFan09's Arena

OVR: 2

Finally have some time to play going to try the updates matt10L posted and see how the game plays on legendary and try the broadcast camera with semi passing
Old 10-01-2015, 09:01 PM   #991
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saintslfc13
It's when you change the difficulty of the game based on whether you're home or away in MM (or play now too I suppose but I'd probably not bother). Some people go even more in depth where they do it by star rating (IE 5 star - Legendary, 4.5 Legendary or WC, 4 - WC, 3.5/3 - Pro, etc.). I've only ever used the home and away set up myself although occasionally to save time in past editions I'd set a league or FA cup match against a lower division side to pro, play my younger players/reserves and turn the match time down to 4 or 5 minute halves. When I did this I would also leave all rivalry games at Legendary no matter where it was played. My logic being that Everton and United never roll over for Liverpool and nor does Liverpool ever roll over for them, if the goal difference is huge it's because the winning team was simply better. Also I would leave it legendary for a games in europe against the elite teams as well.
Okay that's what I thought. I just wanted to be sure. Thanks for the detailed response! Appreciate it man!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2015, 09:02 PM   #992
Pro

Don Jon's Arena

OVR: 3

Holy... This was at 100 pages last night? What did you guys do in the past 24 hours?

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders »