Home

FIFA 16 OS Community Sliders

This is a discussion on FIFA 16 OS Community Sliders within the EA Sports FIFA Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 11-02-2015, 09:41 AM   #2617
MVP

OVR: 6
Re: FIFA 16 OS Community Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stimuli
Yes thats correct, Liverpool have also now switched to a 4-2-3-1 with Klopp, Leicester have played a 4-4-2 this season but very few teams play anything other than a 4231 from kick off

Article from last season - http://www.theguardian.com/football/...premier-league
Well, itīs realistic for sure, but i think that it would improve the variation on CPU offense a bit having different formations.
Old 11-02-2015, 10:22 AM   #2618
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Okay good, it sounds like the base of SET E is still on good terms here. A lot of personal preferences, which is how it should be.

I'll create a spreadsheet, like last year, that will include suggestions, etc on different values.
Old 11-02-2015, 10:30 AM   #2619
Rookie

Und Lahm's Arena

OVR: 1

It seems that we might have reached a slight consensus on the pass speed? I also use 45 speed with 57 error for the CPU.

There are still too many unrealistic looking driven passes but I will take that over the neutered CPU attack at the lower pass speeds.
Old 11-02-2015, 11:42 AM   #2620
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
Okay good, it sounds like the base of SET E is still on good terms here. A lot of personal preferences, which is how it should be.

I'll create a spreadsheet, like last year, that will include suggestions, etc on different values.
Yeah, i think that set E is the most well received by the community so far and maybe could be the established base. The spreadsheet with suggestions and the respective changes in gameplay they implie would be great also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Und Lahm
It seems that we might have reached a slight consensus on the pass speed? I also use 45 speed with 57 error for the CPU.

There are still too many unrealistic looking driven passes but I will take that over the neutered CPU attack at the lower pass speeds.
I would go a little down on the pass error for the CPU (pass speed at 45 is set in stone for me). I still feel that 57 is a bit too high, 55 is working great for me. Yes, the CPU still plays a bit driven passes but i will take those if it means more variation and less stagnant offense by the CPU (and i think it means).

Right now the only two values im considering is lower shot error for CPU (one click maybe) and marking (maybe lower my marking to help them have more space and be a bit more dangerous...)
Old 11-02-2015, 12:00 PM   #2621
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

How are we on Line Height? I was messing around this morning with it as high as we did on FIFA 15 - but the field because very compressed and the midfielders are met by the defensive line much quicker. More short passes of course as well.

I would love to see more lobbed through passes or driven high balls over the top of the defense by the CPU. Not sure what values to look at here other than height and run frequency, maybe even marking.

Probably just trying to eat that cake though
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-02-2015, 12:43 PM   #2622
Rookie

OVR: 0

Hi guys. First nice work, specially at set E. I tried a lot to make the game more realizm. One thing seems on every slider configuration important: set the run frequenz slider to 0. Another value terminates (individual) tactics, formation and positioning.It seems also thats more focus on individual skills . Nice greetings from Hamburg.
Old 11-02-2015, 01:48 PM   #2623
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
How are we on Line Height? I was messing around this morning with it as high as we did on FIFA 15 - but the field because very compressed and the midfielders are met by the defensive line much quicker. More short passes of course as well.

I would love to see more lobbed through passes or driven high balls over the top of the defense by the CPU. Not sure what values to look at here other than height and run frequency, maybe even marking.

Probably just trying to eat that cake though
I think itīs ok at 55 honestly, it feels realistic. Sure, there arenīt many lobbed passes by the CPU but there are some at least.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pawel
Hi guys. First nice work, specially at set E. I tried a lot to make the game more realizm. One thing seems on every slider configuration important: set the run frequenz slider to 0. Another value terminates (individual) tactics, formation and positioning.It seems also thats more focus on individual skills . Nice greetings from Hamburg.
The run frequency slider at 0 makes the CPU take forever to leave the defence and go on to offence, and handicaps the CPU attacks in general.
Old 11-02-2015, 02:05 PM   #2624
Rookie

Gnemi's Arena

OVR: 7

I've played with 68/70 in width for six games and I can find very few faults with it.

I also took Fluffy's recommendation of 50/45 for pass speed, and again, can find very few faults.

I'll say this about FIFA 16 generally, which will include the "Default is King" ideas: this game is just excellent compared to years past, orders of magnitude better IMO, and I would argue that all the slider adjusting in the world can't change that, at its very core, it's EA's best football game to date.

That means a couple things for me: first of all, the time best spent this year is actually playing the game (huge relief!) and secondly, with all of the above said, try not to give too much credit or blame to slider authors. The game is very well designed and its flaws are the most palatable in the history the FIFA series.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders »