Home

FIFA 16 OS Community Sliders

This is a discussion on FIFA 16 OS Community Sliders within the EA Sports FIFA Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 10-12-2015, 02:30 PM   #1817
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: FIFA 16 OS Community Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Non Idoneo
Sorry for my bad english, i'm italian

Level difficulty is legend, with any slide, low speed is more bug. With normal speed block this with acceleration 100, sprint speed 100, and marking 65...try this but the game is unplayabile. I'm not trolling!
No problem, this is a variation of the infamous bursting from 15 that we were working on the last couple of days. I hadn't been able to burst with SET C as effectively as before when I was using the low Sprint and Acc. I tried it for an entire half and it wasn't possible.

Careful going too high with marking as it results in more ADD. The Sprint value is somewhat similar to our findings with 15 as the reaction slider. Can't go too high or too low in relevance to the marking value.
Old 10-12-2015, 02:30 PM   #1818
Rookie

OVR: 0

Matt, been playing set C for lots of games now and it's amazing. However the one thing I am noticing is that the back line is so narrow even at 65. The majority of the goals both CPU & me have come from runs outside the box because the defenders were 5 feet apart. All 4 defenders were on one half of the pitch in a couple sequences (All goals). The only opposing player remotely close is the winger/CM.

I'm not a slider expert so I don't really know how the sliders effect each other. Idk if you want to go above 65 width or what or if it's something in Team Tactics. It may be something that will have to be adapted to. Set C is awesome tho. Midfield play is great and I think the speed/acc is spot on. great job! thanks

Last edited by AppleOfEden; 10-12-2015 at 02:37 PM.
Old 10-12-2015, 02:38 PM   #1819
MVP

fearwhatnow's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfp
This is a HUGELY important point. Legacy defending changes the offline experience dramatically. I've gone back and forth a bit lately, and with Legacy defending the balance shifts big time - much of what is overpowered with the CPU against Tactical defending is eliminated.

Whether it's the "right way to play" I'm not so sure. On one hand it definitely levels the playing field. Anyone who's played much multiplayer can tell that Tactical defending was designed specifically with multiplayer in mind - it works very well in human v human and so multiplayer is the better balanced gameplay (not the more realistic, but the better balanced).

That said, there's good reason they implemented Tactical over Legacy defending - the homing missile defensive system that's Legacy is unrealistic, simplistic, and easy. All I have to do is manipulate who I control to keep the play in front of me and hold down the teammate tackle and more times than not I get a tackle. There's no skill in tackling anymore. Players in real life don't make a beeline for dribblers and successfully claim the ball as easily as you can with Legacy defending.

The default defensive system needs to be something in-between the two systems. But regardless of which system is preferred, it really should be emphasized that your experience will vary dramatically depending upon which you choose. Sliders that make the game the right level of challenge for me on Tactical defending are too easy for me with Legacy.
There's no need of a combination. EA can fix Tactical with a patch that assigns teammate pressure to a button for offline.
Old 10-12-2015, 02:43 PM   #1820
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleOfEden
Matt, been playing set C for lots of games now and it's amazing. However the one thing I am noticing is that the back line is so narrow even at 65. The majority of the goals both CPU & me have come from runs outside the box because the defenders were 5 feet apart. All 4 defenders were on one half of the pitch in a couple sequences (All goals). The only opposing player remotely close is the winger/CM.

I'm not a slider expert so I don't really know how the sliders effect each other. Idk if you want to go above 65 width or what or if it's something in Team Tactics. It may be something that will have to be adapted to. Set C is awesome tho. Midfield play is great and I think the speed/acc is spot on. great job! thanks
Yeah, that was the purpose of increasing width, I'm glad I'm not the only one. I didn't want to go too high with width because I honestly don't want to stray too far from default lines. I was muttering this last night though as the defensive line seemed to compress a bit much, which is why I raised FB as well to give them something to move towards on the opposing side.

I'm not a default purist, never have been, so it's not surprise that values are starting to not make sense in some areas. For example that width is indicative of the possible incorrect length of the pitch. I noticed this on the demo, and on the full game.

Set C is definitely getting there, and that is where I hope we all continue to focus on. Establishing a base is always the longest and most grueling part. Someone's gotta do it though - which is why we are completely transparent with each test set - we need more people to test.
Old 10-12-2015, 02:47 PM   #1821
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by fearwhatnow
Ok, sorry guys I was too busy yesterday and I didn't answer to some of the posts.
First of all let's clear one thing. I totally admire Matt's and Orion's work (and they know it).
I tried to record a CM game with Bandicam but the game became a fest of stutter. I have a 3.5mbps upload connection. Is it possible to stream without problems?
Some answers now:
- This year's FIFA game for the first time since 1996 has the fundamentals of the sport right in its vanilla state.
- The new AI coding is IMO impressive for the likes of EA.
- There are (hard)coded scripts regarding the way the cpu AI plays under certain circumstances and strings/commands that connect the global sliders to the gameplay.
- When a global slider is changed from its default setting it applies for ALL teams AND players of the AI. If someone changes the pass speed from 50 to 18 this value will apply to all teams and players. Tactics and passing abilities will be bypassed. Yes the match will flow to your liking, cpu will play as you want them to play but all their individual tactics and abilities with the ball will be eliminated. The 50 value means the game uses the coded AI. I don't think anyone can deny that every team plays differently with the default value. Does it play realistically? For me maybe yes. For someone else definitely not. If someone watches and loves the MLS surely the game at default settings does not provide a MLS experience. It provides a BPL experience and it would be a BPL sim if they toned down the directness of the cpu passing. You can tone it down via the slider setting but, as I mentioned earlier, you'll hit the "no variation wall".
- I see many fellow OS members have problems with default settings on World Class. The main reason is that they chase the ball in defense and they switch players fast in frustration. I know it's not fun, from a videogame perspective, watching the cpu build up for 1-2 real life minutes but you have to adapt. Or else you change the sliders to your liking but after 10 games you'll notice that cpu is boring because there isn't variation. You'll start again changing sliders until FIFA 17 is out. After a while it will also be almost impossible to go back to default settings as you'll be instantly frustrated.

That's it for now, I don't want to derail the thread as the guys here are doing a great job. I also don't want to talk about specific ini strings because it may discourage many people and lead to wrong conclusions like scripted AI etc. This is one of the most popular threads here in OS and it's disappointing that no EA dev or EA representative ever came to explain a couple of things about the sliders and the AI coding.
I completly agree with you in this! While Matt and Orions sliders brings good improvements to the gameplay, other errors occur with the gameplay.

I love the sliders, and the effort that the community brings to get the results. But everytime there is something i am missing from the default sliders. I cant explain what, i am definetly no expert.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-12-2015, 02:49 PM   #1822
Rookie

melecoaze's Arena

At first I was having real trouble doing anything using default sliders (Legendary), was getting really frustrated.

Decided to try Set C and it got much better, but there were some problems. Tackling was awful and the games felt repetitive, CPU passing accuracy was getting out of hand (had one game against Nottingham Forest that they had it at 96%) and the lack of creativity from the CPU's attacking plays was evident.

Decided to try default again (except for GK ability at 10/10, Pass Speed at 45/50 and FT at 30/50), and it was a pleasant surprise. Tackling got much better, every game feels different and the CPU is creative. Had games with lots of shots for both sides, even possession and under 90% pass accuracy.

I think using Set C is good for getting used to the game, because its slower and the CPU defense is way less agressive. Once you get good at it, give default a try, it's a much better and challenging experience.

Last edited by melecoaze; 10-12-2015 at 02:53 PM.
Old 10-12-2015, 02:54 PM   #1823
Rookie

Non Idoneo's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
No problem, this is a variation of the infamous bursting from 15 that we were working on the last couple of days. I hadn't been able to burst with SET C as effectively as before when I was using the low Sprint and Acc. I tried it for an entire half and it wasn't possible.

Careful going too high with marking as it results in more ADD. The Sprint value is somewhat similar to our findings with 15 as the reaction slider. Can't go too high or too low in relevance to the marking value.
Matt the problem appear with any slide (my slide, your slide, other slide ), i'm try to use acceleration 50/100 and speed 50/100, low speed, but the problem is not solve. I'm try with normal speed and the problem stop with acceleration 50/100 and speed 50/100 but obviously the game is unplayable. I'm pretty sure that this problem don't stop with slide but with patch from EA Sports.
Old 10-12-2015, 02:56 PM   #1824
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

Guys, for the last time. Stop talking about default. We have a set we are working on, that's that. I really don't want to bring a moderator into this like last year. We are trying our best to stay within our lane here, and are exploring just like you lot - but enough is enough - open a default thread (gnemi's is great, and from a solid individual). Thanks.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders »