Home

FIFA 16 OS Community Sliders

This is a discussion on FIFA 16 OS Community Sliders within the EA Sports FIFA Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-13-2015, 04:43 PM   #1897
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: FIFA 16 OS Community Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarezar

Pass accuracy needs to be compared to possession. They are linked. If the CPU passes only twice with 100% accuracy and you have 99% possession, it will not feel frustrating. If they do 1000 passes with 85% accuracy, it means possession is 70% on them, which can be very frustrating.
Yeah, I suppose you have a point there. And if it was a team like Barcelona or Bayern, then fair enough because they have the quality to do that. Even lesser teams may have the quality to do that but it would only be for periods at a time, not throughout the entire game.

That third game put a smile on my face for different reasons, but one of them was the CPU's crossing. Not only did they score twice from crosses coming in from the wing, they often felt quite dangerous without always being able to deliver a pin-point accurate cross. I'm inclined to not heighten the Pass Error value because of this, but if there's a chance to do that without screwing up the CPU crosses, I'd love to do it. Hopefully, they'll be prone to a few more erratic ground passing in the build up, but... I don't know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarezar

Not sure if their slider makes them more aggressive but increasing Speed or Acceleration definitely does (so comparing a set with CPU values below 50 and one at 50, when GK ability is the same, you will notice higher aggression and ability when they move faster).

Great post by the way
I'm not going to swear on it, but I'm pretty sure the GK slider had that effect on the keepers in FIFA 15, which is why I asked. Hopefully Matt/Orion can shine a light on this. I felt the pace of the games, regardless of slider settings, was good and if changing the Speed and/or Acceleration is the only way to make keepers a bit more aggressive, I'd rather not do it.

Also, thank you.
Old 10-13-2015, 04:54 PM   #1898
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvertonianSteeler

Not sure whether this is going to be helpful or not but hopefully it will...
This was of great help, actually. I'll give Set C sliders a few tries with some of your modifications and see how they play out. But, yeah, this was very encouraging. Thanks!
Old 10-13-2015, 05:09 PM   #1899
MVP

FluffyTonka's Arena

OVR: 8

Was thinking about sliders this morning...

The key issue for me about a higher CPU pass speed from my own playing, and had it confirmed last night watching matt's stream when he tested the higher speeds is the whole CPU attacking engine seems to be run by Pass Speed.

Go too low, and the CPU's attack becomes 1-dimensional and over the course of a MM, it becomes dull as the CPU relentlessly tries to pass through the middle, along the ground.

Matt played Crystal Palace and they scored 4 goals while he was testing (ie he wasn't concentrating on defending) and each of those 4 goals were exceptional and unique coming from all parts of the pitch from all kinds of lead up play.

Fast counters, slow build up where they picked the defense apart from switching sides then delivered a killer ball into the box.

the CPU was putting through balls into space down the flanks, getting to the bylines, crossing from parts of the pitch Matt had never seen them cross from and even hoofing long balls towards the box at the 25-minute mark to try and catch Matt off guard.

imo, the CPU plays much more dynamically the higher you can have pass speed.

I'm not sure where the community is at, as people seem to either love higher pass speeds and the pros, or hate higher pass speeds and its cons. From what i gather the main con to higher pass speed is the user's AI teammates are just too dumb, not responsive and play completely unaware and ball watch. which i agree, is a game killer.

I'm going to push on keep testing/building a MM set around the higher (as close to default as possible) CPU pass speed.

There has to be a way to build up the human AI teammates to deal with situational play better, rather than just slow the CPU pass speed down to a crawl to allow my AI players "catch up" to the CPU's attack.

... i read orion's post a few pages back and he sounded like he was on a similar path of finding other ways to slow the CPU down with FT. and that's probably a good starting point.

FT has a bunch of knock-on effects though, handballs being one, that loopy animation where the ball just pops up into the air for a few seconds being an another.

i can't help but feel a global human tactic setting (with aggression & pass interceptions) along with line settings putting the defenders in better positions to meet attackers) is where it might be at.
Old 10-13-2015, 05:14 PM   #1900
Pro

1860fan's Arena

Hi Matt can you please re-upgrade Set C Write here..?
would be very nice..
Old 10-13-2015, 05:19 PM   #1901
MVP

FluffyTonka's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvertonianSteeler
Thanks, been recovering from the trauma of Madden sliders !!!

I have been here, watching, reading and testing but most of what I was thinking was already being tested or mentioned so no need to chip in. Am amazed how much has been achieved really, the games hasn't even been out officially for 3 weeks yet. This time last year I don't think the community slider idea had even been thought of yet so I think we are well ahead of schedule. Until the next patch mucks it all up again anyway !!!!
that was a great read about your line settings, the approach and definition.

first thing i'm doing when i get back home is testing those values you gave.'

so am i right in saying something like this will be a good setting & starting point?

Height 55/55
Length 48/48
Width 55/55
FB's 55/55

I love the sounds of a more combative midfield.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-13-2015, 05:24 PM   #1902
mfp
Rookie

OVR: 2

Okay, might need to eat my own words a little bit in terms of pass speed.

I've gone back to testing just pass speed and I'm finding that even going down to 30 for CPU pass speed, I'm pretty okay with it. The difference this time is that I've gone back to playing on normal game speed, so maybe that makes the difference for me. Also, previously when messing about with pass speed I think I always had some degree of CPU pass error, and maybe those combined created the issues.

Not sure that I enjoy dropping user pass speed - the CPU is already pretty darn good at intercepting my passes at default, though maybe I just need to get better in attack (actually, I definitely need to get better in attack - this game is friggin hard!).
Old 10-13-2015, 05:30 PM   #1903
mfp
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by FluffyTonka
Was thinking about sliders this morning...

The key issue for me about a higher CPU pass speed from my own playing, and had it confirmed last night watching matt's stream when he tested the higher speeds is the whole CPU attacking engine seems to be run by Pass Speed.

Go too low, and the CPU's attack becomes 1-dimensional and over the course of a MM, it becomes dull as the CPU relentlessly tries to pass through the middle, along the ground.

Matt played Crystal Palace and they scored 4 goals while he was testing (ie he wasn't concentrating on defending) and each of those 4 goals were exceptional and unique coming from all parts of the pitch from all kinds of lead up play.

Fast counters, slow build up where they picked the defense apart from switching sides then delivered a killer ball into the box.

the CPU was putting through balls into space down the flanks, getting to the bylines, crossing from parts of the pitch Matt had never seen them cross from and even hoofing long balls towards the box at the 25-minute mark to try and catch Matt off guard.

imo, the CPU plays much more dynamically the higher you can have pass speed.

I'm not sure where the community is at, as people seem to either love higher pass speeds and the pros, or hate higher pass speeds and its cons. From what i gather the main con to higher pass speed is the user's AI teammates are just too dumb, not responsive and play completely unaware and ball watch. which i agree, is a game killer.

I'm going to push on keep testing/building a MM set around the higher (as close to default as possible) CPU pass speed.

There has to be a way to build up the human AI teammates to deal with situational play better, rather than just slow the CPU pass speed down to a crawl to allow my AI players "catch up" to the CPU's attack.

... i read orion's post a few pages back and he sounded like he was on a similar path of finding other ways to slow the CPU down with FT. and that's probably a good starting point.

FT has a bunch of knock-on effects though, handballs being one, that loopy animation where the ball just pops up into the air for a few seconds being an another.

i can't help but feel a global human tactic setting (with aggression & pass interceptions) along with line settings putting the defenders in better positions to meet attackers) is where it might be at.
Well here's a question then: if sliders changes are necessary, and yet at the same time those changes can have a deletirous effect on CPU tactical/playstyle variety, has anyone figure-out the threshold at which slider changes no longer have that negative effect?

Cause, though I think Matt has said that team tactics working correctly is only a bonus, I think there's quite a few of us who require that what little tactical variety there is in the game to not be diminished.
Old 10-13-2015, 05:35 PM   #1904
Rookie

EvertonianSteeler's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by FluffyTonka
that was a great read about your line settings, the approach and definition.

first thing i'm doing when i get back home is testing those values you gave.'

so am i right in saying something like this will be a good setting & starting point?

Height 55/55
Length 48/48
Width 55/55
FB's 55/55

I love the sounds of a more combative midfield.
Yes, thats it ... although I actually use 56. Depending on personal preference I think you can go up or down a few points either wa. The higher the height the lower the length but only between the extremes of 50 to 60 and 45 to 50

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders »