Home

FIFA 16 OS Community Sliders

This is a discussion on FIFA 16 OS Community Sliders within the EA Sports FIFA Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 03-15-2016, 01:06 PM   #5849
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: FIFA 16 OS Community Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bixer
Reading more on the matter, I have been reading from a few places that people think the difficulties have been mixed up as a 'bug' and Legendary is actually World Class and World Class is actually supposed to be Legendary.

I'll definitely give this a go later, using identical slider sets, to see if I noticed anything.

I'd be amazed if that was actually true, but people have been stating that the CPU play more aggressively/forward on Legendary but thus make more mistakes, whereas on World Class they're more defensive and reluctant to give the ball away - so it could be something to look into.
They will play a bit more aggressive on Legendary. It's the old school PES difficulty mentality. In PES4-6 the higher the difficulty, the more pressure that was displayed throughout the pitch. Unfortunately, in typical misunderstanding how pressure really looks, the scale of pressure was too high - which resulted in too many gaps being wide open to be exposed by the User. This made Superstar or six-stars difficulty very easy to play, and very "boring", because of the ease of one touch passing through the defense.

If that's happening, still, on Legendary, then that would tell me they aren't reversed.
Old 03-15-2016, 01:17 PM   #5850
MVP

OVR: 0
FIFA 16 OS Community Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bixer
Reading more on the matter, I have been reading from a few places that people think the difficulties have been mixed up as a 'bug' and Legendary is actually World Class and World Class is actually supposed to be Legendary.

I'll definitely give this a go later, using identical slider sets, to see if I noticed anything.

I'd be amazed if that was actually true, but people have been stating that the CPU play more aggressively/forward on Legendary but thus make more mistakes, whereas on World Class they're more defensive and reluctant to give the ball away - so it could be something to look into.

Just played 3 games on legendary, played liverpool, man united, leicester,
3-1, 1-0 3-0 and im play with crystal palace seems easyer on legendary

Pass stat seems to be lower to all the above games and the others ive played highest ive seen it is 81% since moving to legendary but allmost every game cpu has 55-60% of the ball

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by Aaron458f; 03-15-2016 at 02:21 PM.
Old 03-15-2016, 01:45 PM   #5851
Rookie

dmendenhall_9's Arena

I tried out 49 ACC and 25 GK and had some really great results. The first game I played ended up in a 2-2 draw! The next game I lost 1-0 but we both had good chances to score and didn't finish properly. It was right around 15-20 shots for both teams and between 3-8 shots on goal which is good too see. Just still thinking about how many shots keepers should be letting in. But right now I am digging that change a lot. I will keep testing it out and see if over a larger sample there are more goals because that is pretty much the only thing really bugging me right now.

Also, I am seeing a lot of talk about FT error on here. I had difficulties with 100 before too but it is not for complete realism. It is to recreate the pressure of real games. FIFA lacks in defensive pressuring so by upping the FT error it makes the defense have more time to pressure you. Passing into a crowded area is much more difficult to receive the pass and retain possession like in real life. Because of how the game is coded to defend is the best way to recreate this dynamic of real football. I do recommend trying to stand still to receive lobbed passes if you try to push your player to take a touch the ball will go flying out. There are niggles with it (like passing to someone near the sideline and it bumps off their foot over the touchline) but this is def worth it. Even when I watched the games this weekend there were bad touches and it takes time for players to get full control of the ball.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-15-2016, 01:46 PM   #5852
Rookie

dmendenhall_9's Arena

I assume you are strictly playing World Class Matt?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
They will play a bit more aggressive on Legendary. It's the old school PES difficulty mentality. In PES4-6 the higher the difficulty, the more pressure that was displayed throughout the pitch. Unfortunately, in typical misunderstanding how pressure really looks, the scale of pressure was too high - which resulted in too many gaps being wide open to be exposed by the User. This made Superstar or six-stars difficulty very easy to play, and very "boring", because of the ease of one touch passing through the defense.

If that's happening, still, on Legendary, then that would tell me they aren't reversed.
Old 03-15-2016, 01:48 PM   #5853
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmendenhall_9
I assume you are strictly playing World Class Matt?
Yes, I am, for now.
Old 03-15-2016, 01:54 PM   #5854
MVP

JHedges2's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmendenhall_9
Even when I watched the games this weekend there were bad touches and it takes time for players to get full control of the ball.
This. This is SO easy to overlook--but if you just watch these games, even the highest quality players have some sloppy touches. The ball is not magnetized to the players feet like playing with less than 100 FT.
Old 03-15-2016, 02:23 PM   #5855
Rookie

Hey Matt,

are there some known, negative side effects if I reduce users pass error to, let´s say, default 50 along with dropping down cpu´s pass error to 55?

That just came to my mind. I totally agree that cpu´s attacking play needs to be vitalized, 55 Pass Error looked promising in that one game I tested with that value so far, but I feel a little uncomfortable with changing sliders only in cpu´s advance since I´d like to see more goals on both sides, and, apart from the low scoring, I´m far from considering the matches against cpu as too easy with the former sliders.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-15-2016, 03:02 PM   #5856
Rookie

OVR: 4

i hold my breath every single time i give away a free kick.GK is so broken in defending free kicks.Hannover just scored a 35 meter free kick which went into the same croner that goalkeeper was..He just doesn´t react before the ball flies past him..i have gk at 45

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders »