Home

FIFA 18 OS Community Sliders

This is a discussion on FIFA 18 OS Community Sliders within the EA Sports FIFA Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-18-2017, 01:16 PM   #1521
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: FIFA 18 OS Community Sliders

I don't mean to steer the conversation elsewhere or away form the amazing job the gents in this thread have done. but I am having one issue: (love the sliders btw!)

Personally, I am still having issues with crossing. My crosses tend to be either too close to the GK or behind my player.

I've tried different timing of the passes–in relation to my position on the wing, right at the corner of the box, within the end line and corner of GK box, or even before the box. And I've used players of all levels and crossing ability.

I keep getting the following results: in GKs hands, behind player, or cross to player standing at medialuna (half circle, top of box).

I play the V3 exactly, semi cross and pass, manual through ball, WC, 15 min., slow. Any thoughts/suggestions?

Last edited by Suavecito; 10-18-2017 at 01:18 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2017, 01:16 PM   #1522
Rookie

In terms of injuries at 62/4.....not getting as great of an experience as you guys. No walk offs, no short injuries...just two 8 weekers and a 4 weeker in 3 games. Sigh.
Old 10-18-2017, 01:32 PM   #1523
MVP

Hunkerdown's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
Yeah, I haven't even played 15 mins in a while, other than when testing. I'm just really enjoying CM and how in-depth the transfer hub is. Last night meant to stream V3 gameplay, but was on for 45 minutes building my team, lol. Sorry all for watching that :P
I tried 10 minutes but it seemed to change pace of play for CPU in the 2 games I played. Went back to 15 min and play seemed back to normal. Not just push push push the ball down the pitch all the time.

Xbox GT: Hunkerdown
Mixer: HUNKERDOWN
Twitch: Hunkerdownuga
"Hunkerdown's Franchise TV"

Madden 18 - Still Waiting on patch to fix QB AI.
NBA 2K18 - Hawks Myleague
FIFA 18 - Orlando City
NHL 18 - New Jersey Devils
F1 2017 - Ferrari Career
Old 10-18-2017, 01:39 PM   #1524
Rookie

markor's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velocityy
In terms of injuries at 62/4.....not getting as great of an experience as you guys. No walk offs, no short injuries...just two 8 weekers and a 4 weeker in 3 games. Sigh.
That's weird but with injury sliders not surprised. Usually the first game or two once you make the slider change it's on hyper mode but usually settles after that.
Old 10-18-2017, 01:44 PM   #1525
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHedges2
So you are doing OP, 10 MIN, WC, SLOW?

Still seeing good enough shot totals on 10 min?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Operation Sports mobile app
Yeah, I feel like I am. CPU is finishing at like 7-12, and I'm getting a bit less from that, just depends though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suavecito
I don't mean to steer the conversation elsewhere or away form the amazing job the gents in this thread have done. but I am having one issue: (love the sliders btw!)

Personally, I am still having issues with crossing. My crosses tend to be either too close to the GK or behind my player.

I've tried different timing of the passes–in relation to my position on the wing, right at the corner of the box, within the end line and corner of GK box, or even before the box. And I've used players of all levels and crossing ability.

I keep getting the following results: in GKs hands, behind player, or cross to player standing at medialuna (half circle, top of box).

I play the V3 exactly, semi cross and pass, manual through ball, WC, 15 min., slow. Any thoughts/suggestions?
Not a wrong direction at all. It's something I'm seeing as well, and have been throughout the sets. Pass error is the obvious culprit here, but even messing with that I still see it. I hadn't completed my testing of run frequency because it affects non-cross areas as well, but I do suspect something in that realm could be the culprit. Line height can also play a role, but again, is one of those factors of not just affecting crosses.

Will give it a good look. Thanks for bringing it up.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2017, 02:55 PM   #1526
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suavecito

Maybe adjusting the crossing values in the ctts? Its my hope that the ctts can kind of 'trim' the sliders like you would with an airplane. The sliders being a base and then the ctts bending them slightly, where needed.

Semi crossing might be the culprit too. Since the amount of power applied to a cross helps determine what player will be the receiver. If the assist is to power, then the assist might be interfering with what player gets selected as the recipient.

That is if I'm correct about the assist being applied to power.
Maybe one or both of those things could be a fix and or at fault. Somebody else mentioned that instant replay is especially useful because it includes the trainer arrows. You might be able to use those to visualise where things are going bonky.

Last edited by JimmyTheMeatball; 10-18-2017 at 02:57 PM.
Old 10-18-2017, 04:08 PM   #1527
Rookie

Does anyone know how can I reduce the number of shots per game?

OS sliders are great, but I like playing 20 minute halves, therefore I'm getting almost 20 shots for each team every game and sometimes even more than 20 shots. Scores are realistic though, I just want to reduce the number of shots.

I've reduce run frequency to 0 and increase FT to 100 to create some midfield battles, but there are still many opportunities to shoot.

Does anyone have any idea how shots can be reduced? I'm still using OS sliders for lines, so maybe that's where I should be focuing on, I don't really know.
Old 10-18-2017, 04:30 PM   #1528
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyTheMeatball
Maybe adjusting the crossing values in the ctts? Its my hope that the ctts can kind of 'trim' the sliders like you would with an airplane. The sliders being a base and then the ctts bending them slightly, where needed.

Semi crossing might be the culprit too. Since the amount of power applied to a cross helps determine what player will be the receiver. If the assist is to power, then the assist might be interfering with what player gets selected as the recipient.

That is if I'm correct about the assist being applied to power.
Maybe one or both of those things could be a fix and or at fault. Somebody else mentioned that instant replay is especially useful because it includes the trainer arrows. You might be able to use those to visualise where things are going bonky.
@MAtt and Jimmy, thanks for the feedback!

The Semi-cross assists the direction (front or back post) instead of the power, power needs to be chosen by the user. I tried manual crosses for a few games (6) and it was basically the same thing. I think the issue lies more with players overrunning and almost being level with the GK and then having to track back to head the ball. It makes for a very awkward gameplay and animations.

I think CTT, as you mentioned, could help. Maybe having the distance between teammates and crossing frequency tweaked could alleviate some of the issue. Wish we could have line height sliders for each line (unless we do and I'm completely oblivious to this LOL, CTT?). I truly think the line height is the #1 issue...

I guess the goal is to find a solution so they keep hitting that sweet spot of making their runs and meeting crosses between the PK spot and 6 yard box.

I'll keep testing and revert with any worthwhile findings. Thanks again guys!

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders »