Home

FIFA 18 OS Community Sliders

This is a discussion on FIFA 18 OS Community Sliders within the EA Sports FIFA Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-10-2017, 07:40 PM   #2833
Rookie

AustonPowers34's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: FIFA 18 OS Community Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghxstbeezy
Regarding CTT, do you also set them for the CPU team? I know last year that krebstar’s work was much appreciated and this year ricardo has picked up the CTT work. I’ve asked this before and I know some are not a fan of CPU CTT cause teams like west brom for example come off as one dimensional, always sending forward the long ball but I like it adds some spice to the game for lack of a better term and gives each team a fresh new approach as opposed to the same look game in and game out
I don't set CTTs for other teams. I already went as far as setting the stadiums for all english teams, international teams, and other teams (BVB, Barca, Valencia to name a few) and I don't want to put in the extra effort to set other CTTs too

Quote:
Originally Posted by pfgosher
Hi Auston, a good point regarding subs. Will keep a watch from now on and yes definitely the stamina is not diminished quickly but as much as I remember I think the CPU team does makes substitutions. Although I dont know whether full subs are used but would u say an average of 2 subs is also ok from the point of view of this game.
On 50/50 acc 10mins I see mostly 3 subs, sometimes 2 if the game is uneventful. When I tried 49/49 acc for v5 I mostly saw 1 sub, 2 sometimes, and 3 if it was a miracle. And even then, I'd like to keep acc at 50/50 for true fatigue equally for both teams.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coach422001
I've had the acc set to 49 and do see the CPU routinely use the three subs. EPL with 15 minute halves if that helps with version 5 up til now. Will be trying my first go with 6.2 tonight to see how this plays.
For 15 minutes it makes sense since more stoppages = more chance for cpu to make change. I think having more fatigue boosts the changes for cpu to make a change with 10 minutes but like I said above I don't want to steer away from 50/50 acc to keep true fatigue and equal for both teams.

Honestly I'd love to play 15 minute halves but I simply have not time especially that I play every game! So I need to make the game satisfactory for myself for 10 minute halves and the current set works well enough for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pfgosher
Well played 2 games to check the subs. First agst everton,a close 1-0 win. Everton made all 3 subs and that too before me. I might have used 2 or 3 as I didnt had a strong bench to comfortably help me with the outcome of the match.

Second agst reading a FA cup match. Totally dominated with the shots count. Won 3-0. Reading and myself maybe too both used 2 subs. So till now I dont think there is any issues with the subs. If only guys can help me with the effect of marking increase or decrease in the game. I might decrease my marking by a point or maybe increase CPU marking by 1. Also just maybe after my first season is over which will take some time I might just inch my level up to Legendary. Although from the comments I have read I am having doubt as to whether I should go for Legendary as lot of users opine that Legendary is much easier than World Class.
Cool, thanks for the report! As for marking I actually found increasing it makes it easier to exploit the defence = easier to score goals. Not sure what happens when you decrease marking so unfortunately I can't make recommendations there If you're looking to make the game more challenging while giving yourself a boost I'd just recommend Matt's 51/50 sprint discrepancy.

But remember v6 is just base after all and any small adjustments here and there are all personal changes. So if a 50/49 acc works for you, then go for it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyork
I really love the new sliders so far and love the progress here! This is my first post and this kind of a random question, but what camera settings do you use for a more realistic feel and do you also use the radar? I feel like removing the radar would add a bit of realism because you don't see that on the TV. Thank you very much for your input
Tele gives me the balance between realism and playability, and I can't live without the radar!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChangeUp106
I'm finding these sliders way too easy and I'm generally not that good on default legendary. I feel like I'm missing something . Are there any sliders you guys would recommend increasing to increase the difficulty without ruining the gameplay experience this slider set offers?
As far as I know legendary tends to be easier because in FIFA 18 the AI concentrates on trying to attack compared to past editions where they focused on possession. That means more open lanes to exploit. Try world class and see if that works for you. I actually find it a (much needed!) challenge and I'm struggling to find winning consistency with Sunderland.

Thanks for responding to my question on the subs, guys Didn't find time to respond yesterday b/c school + the MLS playoffs. Happy to see that v6 was finalized.
Old 12-10-2017, 09:10 PM   #2834
MVP

bigjdotcom01's Arena

OVR: 6

All of the sudden I am giving up goals like crazy with the latest slider set. I started a new CM with Swansea City and I am 1-1-8 through 10 games with 22 goals for and 44 against! Every game seems like it is 5-4 or 4-3. I lost 7-0 to Leicester City. I am third in the Premier League in scoring, but the second worst team has only allowed 22 goals in 10 matches.

Not sure what happened but the game has just become a scoring fest.

I previously had a CM with Kaiserslautern and played two seasons where I finished mid-table in 2.Bundesliga.
Old 12-11-2017, 02:40 AM   #2835
MVP

Brahvocado's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
Love that broadcast camera is getting the love
Listen to me, you guys. Listen to me. Respect yourselves.

The key to happiness in life is learning to love yourself, don't do this.

Matt is a madman, you don't have to go down the same dark path.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-11-2017, 07:56 AM   #2836
MVP

Anyone eles game keeps crashing with the error CE-34878-0 ?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 12-11-2017, 08:11 AM   #2837
MVP

Playing op set with 51/50 sprint and pass speed 49/49 and no radar wow game changers for me the build up cpu seems to be so much better than when on 50 pass speed!! As this year slider seem to be very sensitive

Old 12-11-2017, 08:50 AM   #2838
MVP

FIFA 18 OS Community Sliders

Stats from first game new Cm only changes pass speed 49/49 I feel the cpu has a lot more build up and play variety types of pass noticed more long balls and hardly any driven passes only saw them when they should use it, sprint 51/50 gives user players more strength on the ball I think rather than the cpu just knocking you off the ball, and turned radar off wow how that makes the game so much more calm and collected specially with broadcast camera as you can see all the passes till you move up the pitch

And shot error 52/52 can’t stand default lol and I got a lot of shot that was just me shooting from range testing the value with pogba lol

Regarding injury’s has anyone found anything new?? Using op and first game got one player out for 2months broken toe and 2 walk offs

Last edited by Aaron458f; 12-11-2017 at 08:54 AM.
Old 12-11-2017, 09:28 AM   #2839
Rookie

pflynhi's Arena

I've played 12 games so far with the new set and a new Accrington Stanley CM,
W-D-L 3-5-4 16 GF 18 GA, biggest win 3-2 worst loss 2-4.
All the games have been really close battles except the 2-4 loss in which I was down 0-3 until a late rally.
Playing at WC 10 min half's and slow speed, tele cam with 51/50 sprint and 55/58 pass error , I bumped the cpu pass error up to 58 because I was seeing the cpu final reports with high 80's low 90's pass %, might be my poor play but at 58 the cpu for the most part has been avg low 80's which is about where I end up also. I've also dropped my inj sev down to 4 and have yet to see a long term injury in this season which is probably a good thing considering Accrington's skeleton 1st season roster, they lose 8 loan players mid season (entire back line) which is really gonna be fun trying to field with a bunch of rushed youth squad
but liking the set very much so far, good job Matt and everybody.
Old 12-11-2017, 09:35 AM   #2840
MVP

Hunkerdown's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
Version 6.2B becomes Version 6, which to those outside of this forum will know it as the 1.07 update. Good work everyone. Enjoy, and remember to adjust whatever value you see fit!

FIFA 18 Operation Sports Sliders | Version 6 (1.07 Update)
World Class/Legendary, 10-15 Mins, Slow Speed
as of 12/10/17

Sprint Speed - 50/50 - Had to bump this up because the lower sprint and acceleration were in part in creating the 1) slidey animation and 2) the backpedal, followed by forward pedal.

Acceleration - 50/50 - See above for sprint. Also wanted true fatigue back. Animations seem much smoother as well since putting these back to 50.

Shot Error - 50/50 - Too many posts hit before, even on 51. Still happens, but can't go under 50.

Pass Error - 55/55 - As suggested, we bumped this up from 52 and it's great to see the CPU being more humanized, but definitely not losing its attacking prowess or variety in play.

Shot Speed - 50/50 - Same as above for Shot Error. Feel like I saw a lot more backward save animations with the higher shot speed.

Pass Speed - 50/50 - Big difference here. Yes, driven pass will be attempted, but not always successful. Takes some getting used to as well, but at least it keeps the ball alive and passing feels less labored now than before.

Injury Frequency - 64/64 - less players walking off the pitch, and more recovering from injuries. Credit to @mark0r .

Injury Severity - 4/4 - still plenty of severe injuries and variety of injuries. Credit to @mark0r .

GK Ability - 50/50 - Had to get this back to 50. Honestly, I feel that the GK animations must be in sync with the shot speed + error chosen. This is why I feel the GK made so many more saves at a lower value. They would be late in reacting, yet somehow still get their gloves to the ball.

Marking - 50/50 - Happy to bump this back up to a normal value of 50/50. No issues with positioning, and no over/under marking with weird animations.

Run Frequency - 20/22 - As suggested, moved this down from 50/52, but keeping the 2 pt discrepancy for the CPU. This allows them get the crosses in and also promotes the same variety before. Overall, good balance with this lower run frequency - and of course seeing plenty of runs.

Height- 55/55 - This had to go down from 65. With it at 65, it was too easy to get from defensive third to defensive third. The midfield was bypassed too easily, especially with the pass speed + length, etc. The real key with this value was also to help the crossing game. This now allows the CPU and User runs to be more timed into the box, and that can result in crosses into space, versus crosses that loop up in the air lazily and meet someone's head...head on.

Length- 40/40 (previous 45/40) - Had to drop this back down to an even level. Think the 40/45 was working nicely, but eventually the CPU just started to get past the length too often. Now, evened out again, like version 5, there is a lot more midfield play. Building numbers defensively and offensively is real key now.

Width- 60/60 - Anytime we raise width, there is always a concern that it's going to be too wide, and players won't stay goal-side. Well, FIFA is already designed to be more narrow, so raising the width here, relative to the height + length, just works. They real key was to ensure that the marking was less...magnetic. Noticed on 50 width that the players were just falling over eachother, and performing that weird backpedal/forwardpedal animation. At 60 width, we're now in a great spot, and there's also no need for a discrepancy since the HLW are all the same.

FB Positioning - 50/50 - FB's were getting up the pitch too quickly, and running into the midfield, not to mention being able to be found very easily with a switch ball.

FT Control - 65/65 - Had some hesitation with this suggestion, but upon review, it's great. You just never know what can happen. Elite players are humanized still, but not so much that it inhibits their class. The pass speed at 50 also keeps the ball alive, and when the CPU chooses a unrealistic driven pass, the recipient's first touch will determine the next action versus just automatically able to turn or pass off to a runner. Happy with this.
Now if we could figure out the Madness that is Madden this year. 😁👍

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders »