Home

FIFA 18 OS Community Sliders

This is a discussion on FIFA 18 OS Community Sliders within the EA Sports FIFA Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-08-2018, 09:09 AM   #5017
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: FIFA 18 OS Community Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superreds
And do not get me started on transfers and contract negotiations!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
many of us feel the same bro.i havent been able to fully get into a career mode due to this and havent played it for months

Last edited by djs1; 08-08-2018 at 09:11 AM.
Old 08-08-2018, 10:22 AM   #5018
Pro

Why does EA change the FIFA 18 game speed at the end of July?. The cool thing about OS Sliders is the battle for midfield and defense to be broken down, it is challenging and fun at the full manual. So therefore In opposite to most here, I enjoy FIFA 18. I have not changed pass speed when I had it at 32 and it works fine. With regard to simulation and team setup, yes, there is a need for improvement. However, it should also be considered that it is not straightforward unless changed to weekly updates of the simulation databases. how should EA predict that a team like Sunderland ex moves down in League 1?. Right now, the code is determined with the variations that are built in. For a while, I tried to simulate the real position with simulation, ie, Championship Sunderland, Burton and Barnsley must be relegated. It only succeeds because I repeatedly restarted the simulations. It tells me it can be done, but there is no mechanism behind, beside some teams always ending in the top.
Old 08-08-2018, 01:52 PM   #5019
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by andanesean
Why does EA change the FIFA 18 game speed at the end of July?. The cool thing about OS Sliders is the battle for midfield and defense to be broken down, it is challenging and fun at the full manual. So therefore In opposite to most here, I enjoy FIFA 18. I have not changed pass speed when I had it at 32 and it works fine. With regard to simulation and team setup, yes, there is a need for improvement. However, it should also be considered that it is not straightforward unless changed to weekly updates of the simulation databases. how should EA predict that a team like Sunderland ex moves down in League 1?. Right now, the code is determined with the variations that are built in. For a while, I tried to simulate the real position with simulation, ie, Championship Sunderland, Burton and Barnsley must be relegated. It only succeeds because I repeatedly restarted the simulations. It tells me it can be done, but there is no mechanism behind, beside some teams always ending in the top.
yeah strange why they would change it now?Pass speed is much better now since matts suggestion to take it down.As for career mode sims it really annoys me as it has the potential to be the best mode bar none imo,when you say repeatedly restarting to make it succeed what did you mean by this mate?so frustrating having best players on bench or not in the squad at all!Please ea sort it for 19,pc users have shown it can be done

Last edited by djs1; 08-08-2018 at 02:56 PM.
Old 08-08-2018, 02:38 PM   #5020
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenightmaker1
Please where is the latest patch update? I see on the home page it was last updated in march. Is that the one?
Thanks 🙏🏾
yes the set in opening page is the current one,but i would take matts advice and take pass speed down to 30 or around that mark and possibly put marking at 50-52
Old 08-08-2018, 03:46 PM   #5021
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by djs1
yeah strange why they would change it now?Pass speed is much better now since matts suggestion to take it down.As for career mode sims it really annoys me as it has the potential to be the best mode bar none imo,when you say repeatedly restarting to make it succeed what did you mean by this mate?so frustrating having best players on bench or not in the squad at all!Please ea sort it for 19,pc users have shown it can be done
I was just trying to see if I could create a realistic table as it looked at that time, about April this year in Championship. By Sim and save the game and then sim again and reboot again etc, Until I got the results that matched the table, see the 3 relegation team and the top at that time. The point is EA has no fixed simulation schema encoded, beside some few teams that are always at the top. Anyway...
anyone tried PES 19 demo ?. I try every year to convince myself about the quality of the game, it has without doubt. But I will never come to terms with the weight of the game, best explained by the way the ball jumps in / out of the net at goals, It feels odd. Back to Fifa 18, yes the speed of about 30 is really good, and we will hardly in the future be able to avoid the second controller for team setup.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2018, 05:52 PM   #5022
Pro

adoptedscouse's Arena

It made me chuckle that on official EA forum, people are saying the new patch has fixed the game.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 08-09-2018, 05:15 AM   #5023
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by adoptedscouse
It made me chuckle that on official EA forum, people are saying the new patch has fixed the game.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
fixed it for those that love arcade like football but not for me,way too fast and frantic.This is a bold statement but footballers do actually have brains,even if its only football intelligence so to see them charging around is not good.
Old 08-09-2018, 05:18 AM   #5024
Pro

In general, we often are not objective enough, and not least come to an early conclusion, and not least the placebo effect, which is quite clear many times. Having said that, they have changed the speed of the game - I think. What I think is interssant why?...

1. Have they changed anything? (speed, other?)
2. Why? (end of July?)
3. Have they made the code with the World Cup (if they are different?)
4. (Personally) why is the game's last patch always the best?
5. Does the last patch have roots for the next demo version? (Why are users often happy with the demo version, is it because the end points towards the start ?)

My thin theory is that they are testing things or getting closer to what we call a simulation game at the last patch of the year. EA is not just a company where all sides work on FIFA 19. They are divided, they have people already there is working on FIFA 20-21. Therefore it could be that they always choose these tests when the season draws to an end, because the largest portion of the user already thinking about 19, and is totally indifferent to 18 (maybe less angry fut`s?=). Again, I'm aware of a placebo and the thin theory, maybe I'm in the middle of one, lol ?. Everything is releativt and if the individual believes the game has become better, good for him or her. EA has one (more) satisfied customer. But because I think the game right now is good, my list of things that could improve has not become much less, less frustrated or not.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders »