Home

FIFA 19 OS Community Sliders

This is a discussion on FIFA 19 OS Community Sliders within the EA Sports FIFA Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-19-2019, 02:51 PM   #3289
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: FIFA 19 OS Community Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~LiverpoolRed~
I play on PS4, not CPU, no mods, etc. Wouldn't know how to even do any of that anyway. No clue whatsoever how to share videos.

Here's tips that I posted several months ago:

The fake shot - Works well in dangerous areas resulting in free kick attempts.

L2 Shielding- Very useful with your target man.. Pass him the ball outside the box and use L2 so he has his back to goal. Back into the man, trick move, sprint, a variety of these will give you a better chance of drawing a mistake from the defense.

L2 is also handy down the flanks near the corner flags. With your back to the defender this is where they make last ditch tackles resulting in free kicks in good areas.

And one thing I can't stress enough is lay off the sprint button. I always play at a slow pace allowing the defender to get touch tight. I want to try to draw contact, you won't do that very often if you are running full pace constantly. The only time I regularly use the sprint button is if I am trying to beat an offside trap and try to beat the last man. If you can get a jump on the last defender, try quick changes in direction. The quick turn of pace will bump up your chances of drawing a foul and likely a red card if he's the last man.

Play at a slow speed and when you are getting closed down, then try a quick burst, or trick move, or change of direction.

Another tip that works really well is as soon as you see the signal for a delayed foul with a waved on advantage, literally let go of all buttons. The player will slow down and the ref will blow for the foul. Free Kick ensues.
Straight on point. All things I do to get free kicks. To me, the best skill ever is the body feint, I do it often with the agile players, defenders are afraid of that.

I'm getting slowly happier with my fouls quote as well. Another tip that works very well, especially when CPU is cheating on you (like OFTEN with over 60 defenders with pace 60 catching up within 3 secs against your winger with pace like Sterling): when you're running (with the ball or catch a loose one) I tend to give those 2 touches to direction I'm running. Ok, probably everyone knows that. The thing is I do this BEFORE I catch the ball then my player will start his acceleration way before he normally does. try that. You definitely can see it in my gameplay. Results are a) defenders wave bye b) they'll be forced to make fouls.

Still, most annoying thing since Fifa 17 is having watch my players being shoved away whenever those AI ****ers do that fake shot (it works even with AI players with ovr 60!). Sometimes even when I just stand there with my L2 to wait the bastard gets finished with that useless "skill" (it also looks horrible and without context), STILL sometimes my player is not allowed to go and get the ball. What was FIFA thinking?? Doesn't that annoy you guys too? Was there that before FIFA 17? I can't remember that on FIFA 16.
Now, I DO KNOW exactly when they're doing it, but no escape, it will catch you. THAT drives me insane.
Old 01-19-2019, 03:05 PM   #3290
YNWA

~LiverpoolRed~'s Arena

OVR: 24

Also another way to pick up cheap fouls is target the oppositions striker when playing out from the back. Use the L2 button to shield it from him, juke and jive, quickly change direction, a skill move. Most strikers are terrible tacklers. I always target Jamie Vardy when I play against Leicester. He falls for it all the time.
Old 01-19-2019, 03:06 PM   #3291
Pro

jrnlgrn's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfreynascimento

Still, most annoying thing since Fifa 17 is having watch my players being shoved away whenever those AI ****ers do that fake shot (it works even with AI players with ovr 60!). Sometimes even when I just stand there with my L2 to wait the bastard gets finished with that useless "skill" (it also looks horrible and without context), STILL sometimes my player is not allowed to go and get the ball. What was FIFA thinking?? Doesn't that annoy you guys too? Was there that before FIFA 17? I can't remember that on FIFA 16.
I think it's insane that the ai takes over any human controlled player after I've made the switch. If I switch to any of my players other than when that movement assist option that's available is on, computer should not be making my player do anything. If I want to stop dead and watch the ball roll past the touch line that's what I want to do, if I'm in the attacking third and the ball drops in front of my CDM he's not going to ignore the ball and run away causing us to lose possession. Basically once I switch to someone I should be in total control.

Sent from my moto g(6) plus using Tapatalk

Last edited by jrnlgrn; 01-19-2019 at 04:51 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-19-2019, 03:11 PM   #3292
YNWA

~LiverpoolRed~'s Arena

OVR: 24

I'm thinking of other tips as I'm playing now. From Goal kicks. As soon as my keeper boots it up field, I instantly press the L2. The target will instantly grapple in the air with his defender. Sometimes (not too often but it happens) you will get a whistle for a free kick for jumping over your back. Free Kick inside the opposition half.
Old 01-19-2019, 03:45 PM   #3293
Pro

Going on twitch for a couple of UCL tournament mode games.

Twitch vtid1874

Sent from my iPad using Operation Sports
Old 01-19-2019, 07:38 PM   #3294
Rookie

usmgoldeneagles's Arena

OVR: 2

Do you have User listed first on these sliders?
Old 01-19-2019, 08:04 PM   #3295
MVP

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmgoldeneagles
Do you have User listed first on these sliders?
yes human listed first
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-20-2019, 07:36 AM   #3296
MVP

FIFA 19 OS Community Sliders

What saves from de gea!! Using GK 52/52 shot speed 49/49

https://youtu.be/i0e28E_h-_Y

And stats from last game, cpu gave away 2 penalty’s missed one tho lol using personal tweaks to the set.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by Aaron458f; 01-20-2019 at 07:41 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders »