Home

Krebstar's FIFA 19 Professional & World Cup Sliders

This is a discussion on Krebstar's FIFA 19 Professional & World Cup Sliders within the EA Sports FIFA Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-28-2018, 01:58 AM   #49
Rookie

calbrs04's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Krebstar's FIFA 19 Professional & World Cup Sliders

I've played 1 game with these sliders and it has changed my attitude towards this game. It used to feel like it played more like an indoor soccer game. Now it feels more realistic. It's just about perfect.
Of course my only complaint is the lack of fouls, but I know that sliders can't really help that. If only eat could fix them.
Old 11-28-2018, 04:03 AM   #50
is looking at stats.

Krebstar's Arena

OVR: 15

What’s weird is the contact is there, as are great animations. They’re just rarely called, which is frustrating as it’s so damn close.
Old 11-28-2018, 07:48 AM   #51
is looking at stats.

Krebstar's Arena

Re: Krebstar's FIFA 19 Professional Sliders

Quick update to the World Class set, unrelated to the patch.

I've dropped sprint speed to 42/42, so evening it out. Also, dropping user pass error to 60. Just some things I felt needed to be done.

In my Inter CM I just had the most fun I've had in this year's game. Drew 2-2 with Spurs in the first CL game after they were up 0-2. They had 14 shots, 6 on target. Put pressure on me all game long, but I was able to absorb most of it and basically steal two goals—one coming at the very end of stoppage time, a goal-line scramble.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-28-2018, 08:36 AM   #52
Rookie

I think I may stay on the Pro set, just don't seem good enough to move up to WC.
I played a game on WC yesterday, Netherlands (me) v France (cpu) and I was roasted. I hardly created a chance while the cpu seemed to revert back to a ticka tacka style and I could hardly get near them. Maybe because it was France that they played this style, but on Pro the cpu seemed more life-like to me, in their approach play.
Any tips on how to defend on WC level would be welcome!
Still great fun though, excellent slider sets Krebstar.

Last edited by jonah66; 11-28-2018 at 08:40 AM.
Old 11-28-2018, 09:23 AM   #53
is looking at stats.

Krebstar's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonah66
I think I may stay on the Pro set, just don't seem good enough to move up to WC.
I played a game on WC yesterday, Netherlands (me) v France (cpu) and I was roasted. I hardly created a chance while the cpu seemed to revert back to a ticka tacka style and I could hardly get near them. Maybe because it was France that they played this style, but on Pro the cpu seemed more life-like to me, in their approach play.
Any tips on how to defend on WC level would be welcome!
Still great fun though, excellent slider sets Krebstar.
Yeah, the biggest issue now on WC is when you face a quality side. When doing that, I'm tempted to turn up their pass error further but then when facing an average side it feels right.

I might eventually move back down to Pro, but am thankfully enjoying WC for right now.

In terms of defensive tips, I have a few:
  • Set your CMs and CDMs to cover center, not wing in their individual instructions. Also, unless you want to all-out attack, I'd set your CDMs to stay back when attacking, and even your CMs to stay on the edge of the box.
  • Set your CDMs to "cut passing lanes" instead of "man marking" in their individual instructions. You don't want defenders pulling out of position, you want them covering spaces. That's how you intercept passes and break up attacks—not by marking players individually or tackling often.
  • Never use "constant pressure" for your defense unless you're desperate. I switched to it for the last ten minutes in my Inter CM against Spurs as I was chasing a goal, and chaos of course began but it was the chaos I needed to try and get a scrappy goal and it did work.
  • Only use "drop back" if you have quality defenders and two CDM players, that way when you drop back, you're not inviting too much pressure. To me, "pressure on heavy touch" is really balanced and a safe way of playing defensively, even more so than the "balanced" setting.
  • Know when to clear the ball and get it out of your third. We all want to pass from the back, but when you've got 15-minute halves that's not always the best option. I'd rather take a throw-in than concede a shot, and I'd rather defend a corner than give up a cheap goal off a poor pass from the back.
  • Contain, don't always pressure. Sometimes the best defense is waiting, cutting passing lanes, and going for an intercept. These sliders are set up for that—with the slow pass speed and high pass errors you're more likely to intercept or break up a pass—don't rely on tackling.

Last edited by Krebstar; 11-28-2018 at 09:29 AM.
Old 11-28-2018, 10:43 AM   #54
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krebstar
Yeah, the biggest issue now on WC is when you face a quality side. When doing that, I'm tempted to turn up their pass error further but then when facing an average side it feels right.

I might eventually move back down to Pro, but am thankfully enjoying WC for right now.

In terms of defensive tips, I have a few:
  • Set your CMs and CDMs to cover center, not wing in their individual instructions. Also, unless you want to all-out attack, I'd set your CDMs to stay back when attacking, and even your CMs to stay on the edge of the box.
  • Set your CDMs to "cut passing lanes" instead of "man marking" in their individual instructions. You don't want defenders pulling out of position, you want them covering spaces. That's how you intercept passes and break up attacks—not by marking players individually or tackling often.
  • Never use "constant pressure" for your defense unless you're desperate. I switched to it for the last ten minutes in my Inter CM against Spurs as I was chasing a goal, and chaos of course began but it was the chaos I needed to try and get a scrappy goal and it did work.
  • Only use "drop back" if you have quality defenders and two CDM players, that way when you drop back, you're not inviting too much pressure. To me, "pressure on heavy touch" is really balanced and a safe way of playing defensively, even more so than the "balanced" setting.
  • Know when to clear the ball and get it out of your third. We all want to pass from the back, but when you've got 15-minute halves that's not always the best option. I'd rather take a throw-in than concede a shot, and I'd rather defend a corner than give up a cheap goal off a poor pass from the back.
  • Contain, don't always pressure. Sometimes the best defense is waiting, cutting passing lanes, and going for an intercept. These sliders are set up for that—with the slow pass speed and high pass errors you're more likely to intercept or break up a pass—don't rely on tackling.
Great tips, I'll bear these in mind. Thanks Krebstar.
Old 11-29-2018, 05:43 PM   #55
Rookie

CoachModer's Arena

Just finished by second game and it ended in a 1-1 draw. I played as my Northhampton vs Mansfield Town. I am still a fan of the 15 minutes halves, because I don't feel as rushed as when it was one 10 minutes. The CPU doesn't seem as aggressive on offense which may be because I only play as my player (striker) and it is basically AI vs AI other than when my man gets involved in a play. I would like to see the CPU push a little more and their ball control on this mode is I would say below average from what I have seen these past two games. NH had 55% and MT has 45% for possession, my last game was 60-40

I had a ton of shots again, but I look at some of the quality of shots me and my team were making and I think it skews the numbers because of the 20 NH had only 6 were on target.

Mansfield Town scored in the 32nd minute off a deflection and I pulled it out in stoppage town in the 90th minute to tie the game at 1-1.

Stats are as follows:

Shots: NH 20; MT 5
On Target: NH 6; MT 2
Possession: NH 55%; MT 45%
Tackles: NH 19; MT 25
Fouls: NH 0; MT 2
Yellow Cards: NH 0; MT 0
Shot Acc: NH 30%; MT 40%
Pass Acc: NH 85%; MT 77%
Corners: NH 7; MT 1

The CPU now has only 9 shots over the last two games compared to 38 for my team. CPU 5 on target and mine 8. I may look at increasing the runs for the CPU in the Player only CM.

In the past I would play as the team, but wanted to try something different. I may control the players next time and see if my results are more like the ones posted here. It just appears that my team's AI vs the CPU dominate them. I may trial WC in this mode and see how it plays out now. I was using the OS sliders originally on WC and they CPU was tic tac and you could feel it coming. I just want a challenge, but realistic within means based on the quality of teams on the pitch. I will probably go back to controlling the entire team.

Coach Moder
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-29-2018, 05:52 PM   #56
is looking at stats.

Krebstar's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachModer
Just finished by second game and it ended in a 1-1 draw. I played as my Northhampton vs Mansfield Town. I am still a fan of the 15 minutes halves, because I don't feel as rushed as when it was one 10 minutes. The CPU doesn't seem as aggressive on offense which may be because I only play as my player (striker) and it is basically AI vs AI other than when my man gets involved in a play. I would like to see the CPU push a little more and their ball control on this mode is I would say below average from what I have seen these past two games. NH had 55% and MT has 45% for possession, my last game was 60-40

I had a ton of shots again, but I look at some of the quality of shots me and my team were making and I think it skews the numbers because of the 20 NH had only 6 were on target.

Mansfield Town scored in the 32nd minute off a deflection and I pulled it out in stoppage town in the 90th minute to tie the game at 1-1.

Stats are as follows:

Shots: NH 20; MT 5
On Target: NH 6; MT 2
Possession: NH 55%; MT 45%
Tackles: NH 19; MT 25
Fouls: NH 0; MT 2
Yellow Cards: NH 0; MT 0
Shot Acc: NH 30%; MT 40%
Pass Acc: NH 85%; MT 77%
Corners: NH 7; MT 1

The CPU now has only 9 shots over the last two games compared to 38 for my team. CPU 5 on target and mine 8. I may look at increasing the runs for the CPU in the Player only CM.

In the past I would play as the team, but wanted to try something different. I may control the players next time and see if my results are more like the ones posted here. It just appears that my team's AI vs the CPU dominate them. I may trial WC in this mode and see how it plays out now. I was using the OS sliders originally on WC and they CPU was tic tac and you could feel it coming. I just want a challenge, but realistic within means based on the quality of teams on the pitch. I will probably go back to controlling the entire team.

Coach Moder

The WC settings for this set are very different than the community thread, so give them a go. Plus, I think it’s troublesome to play on Pro against poor opposition, even if your team is just as poor.

The reason is that you have a low quality AI playing at a lower level, so the human will have even more of an advantage I think.

To me, Pro shines when playing in top flight leagues against more quality opponents, as it brings them down to a realistic level.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders »