Home

FIFA 20 OS Community Sliders

This is a discussion on FIFA 20 OS Community Sliders within the EA Sports FIFA Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-18-2019, 01:42 AM   #841
Pro

jrnlgrn's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: FIFA 20 OS Community Sliders

Played the 1st half of a Roma vs. Basaksehir match 5 times on default sliders as requested using WC/10 min/Normal Speed in CM.
  • Match 1: Hated it. Felt like I had very little control almost like half of everything happening on the pitch was being manipulated by an unknown force. CPU was very direct and too perfect just boom boom boom past to the a man making a run into the box. Went down 4-0 with 11 shots on target and 90% passing.
  • Match 2: Changed Shot Error 54 and Pass Error 58 user/cpu. This was a lot better. 54 still appears to be the best base for SE. Passing still to direct but they did pass around more and not just 1-2 and into the box for a shot. To many runs on both sides still.
  • Match 3: Kept previous changes but set Run Frequency 0 for user/cpu. Dropping the run frequency appears to be a must. They will still make runs but the constant 1-2 then shoot passing goes away unless you make a defensive mistake. CPU shows more variety in attack. Pass % still to high for user/cpu
  • Match 4: Increased Pass Error 60. This game felt good. The most fun match so far. Increased pass error made for more interesting play. Crosses would miss their target, more miss hit passes still good variety in build up.
  • Match 5: Replayed again just with no additional changes to see if the results from game for are consistent. No issues still a lot of fun and a good time.
So not a huge sample size but if for some unknown reason I was forced to make minimal changes I could enjoy the game as it currently is with SE 54, PE 60 and RF 0. As was the case with my previous 5 games with the streamed set I didn't see as much jockeying from CBs or DAA but it still popped up but the usually were able to recover.

Dribbling through the middle and just bursting pass people still can't comment as that not my play style. HLW could use some work but I'm not confident enough to tweak those on my own. I didn't feel a need to mess with FT control as the ball wasn't drawn like a magnet. Maybe could see dropping sprint speed but again if I had no choice but to play it as default it would be fine.

So I could go with the streamed set or play on default with minimal changes and still enjoy the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2019, 10:43 AM   #842
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Excellent feedback from both North and Jrn. Thank you, gentleman. It helps validate what I'm seeing as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthLdN
Played a few games on default sliders, not sure how much I can feedback which isn’t already obvious but:

- RF needs to come down (obviously) too end to end at the moment.

- Height has surely got to be a bit higher, back line is (as always with default FIFA) too deep.

Width - really not sure, FBs seem to be better now, wouldn’t want to stretch things unnecessarily

-Sprint - needs to come down quite a bit, again probably obvious

- Pass error and FT error could come up a bit

- pass speed seems good to me

Actually quite enjoying things now, finding CPU much harder to break down even though DAA still exists, the wings are now pretty closed which is great. And more fouls! Hurray!

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrnlgrn
Played the 1st half of a Roma vs. Basaksehir match 5 times on default sliders as requested using WC/10 min/Normal Speed in CM.
  • Match 1: Hated it. Felt like I had very little control almost like half of everything happening on the pitch was being manipulated by an unknown force. CPU was very direct and too perfect just boom boom boom past to the a man making a run into the box. Went down 4-0 with 11 shots on target and 90% passing.
  • Match 2: Changed Shot Error 54 and Pass Error 58 user/cpu. This was a lot better. 54 still appears to be the best base for SE. Passing still to direct but they did pass around more and not just 1-2 and into the box for a shot. To many runs on both sides still.
  • Match 3: Kept previous changes but set Run Frequency 0 for user/cpu. Dropping the run frequency appears to be a must. They will still make runs but the constant 1-2 then shoot passing goes away unless you make a defensive mistake. CPU shows more variety in attack. Pass % still to high for user/cpu
  • Match 4: Increased Pass Error 60. This game felt good. The most fun match so far. Increased pass error made for more interesting play. Crosses would miss their target, more miss hit passes still good variety in build up.
  • Match 5: Replayed again just with no additional changes to see if the results from game for are consistent. No issues still a lot of fun and a good time.
So not a huge sample size but if for some unknown reason I was forced to make minimal changes I could enjoy the game as it currently is with SE 54, PE 60 and RF 0. As was the case with my previous 5 games with the streamed set I didn't see as much jockeying from CBs or DAA but it still popped up but the usually were able to recover.

Dribbling through the middle and just bursting pass people still can't comment as that not my play style. HLW could use some work but I'm not confident enough to tweak those on my own. I didn't feel a need to mess with FT control as the ball wasn't drawn like a magnet. Maybe could see dropping sprint speed but again if I had no choice but to play it as default it would be fine.

So I could go with the streamed set or play on default with minimal changes and still enjoy the game.
I think we need to be a lot more subtle this go around as a result. Especially in the HLW department because of how the game is coded and designed. We have to accept it's designed for 4 minute hlaves, user v user input. However, as we address certain values, 1 by 1, we need to see how the gameplay changes. Too many adjustments, and we're going to get stuck over balancing. I can testify to this as I have done that the majority of the time to verify settings.

Here's where I think the direction of a set can go:

1. RF at ZERO

2. Pass Error raised - 58/58 (58/60 legendary)

3. Shot Error raised - honestly, I've tried this at 58/60 and the shots are similar to 19

4. HLW default - agreed with this. I have spent the majority of my free time (I had very little yesterday and day before) in trying all sorts of combinations. There are still 1 or 2 that I"m left with, but honestly feel that default HLW has been solid. Paired up with the 3 values changed above, it all blends nicely.
Old 10-18-2019, 10:57 AM   #843
Pro

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10

4. HLW default - agreed with this. I have spent the majority of my free time (I had very little yesterday and day before) in trying all sorts of combinations. There are still 1 or 2 that I"m left with, but honestly feel that default HLW has been solid. Paired up with the 3 values changed above, it all blends nicely.

about HLW, I read on some french board that in order to decrease the passiveness of cpu, they decide to decrease the value of H to 30-35 and it plays better, L and W remains respectively at 55 and 50.

Don't know what it gives, I can't test until monday
Old 10-18-2019, 11:04 AM   #844
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by archanax
about HLW, I read on some french board that in order to decrease the passiveness of cpu, they decide to decrease the value of H to 30-35 and it plays better, L and W remains respectively at 55 and 50.

Don't know what it gives, I can't test until monday
I've done that as well, very late last night and this morning actually (had a HLW 30/45/30 to finish). Yes, the aggression is there, but tbh the CPU isn't passive necessarily on default HLW. They are just being pushed forward a bit. On World Class, the issue is the high pressure teams that over-mark. This can't be fixed because they overcommit so badly. On Legendary, it's much better.

The height lowering does help the shape of the midfield, but it sacrifices defensive line space given up by the user unfortunately. Makes the CPU run at will, especially at a zero RF, right through the middle of the line. A reverse pass later, and it's a shot on goal.

The safest way forward is to use default HLW. Trust me on this. I've been all over with the HLW combos of previous sets, versions of FIFA (including beta and testing sets), and I feel about 99% this is another element we must accept (along with playing on normal speed for WC) that is built into the game's design. Disrupting it may help one element, but quickly hurts another.
Old 10-18-2019, 11:25 AM   #845
Rookie

So Matt, you suggest to use HLW default if i right understand....:-)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2019, 11:25 AM   #846
MVP

JHedges2's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
IOn World Class, the issue is the high pressure teams that over-mark. This can't be fixed because they overcommit so badly. On Legendary, it's much better.

So are you advising legendary is the way to go? For both long term and testing purposes?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-18-2019, 11:26 AM   #847
MVP

JHedges2's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdrubale71
So Matt, you suggest to use HLW default if i right understand....:-)

Yes, correct mate!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-18-2019, 11:27 AM   #848
MVP

@matt10

So testing on normal speed?
World class or legendary?
Default HLW?

Are there any changes so far to any of the sliders?

Aaron458f

https://www.youtube.com/user/Aaron458f
https://twitch.tv/aaron458f

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders »