Home

How is Your Career Going Fifa 21

This is a discussion on How is Your Career Going Fifa 21 within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 11-18-2020, 09:21 AM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: How is Your Career Going Fifa 21

Just coming to the end of my first season with Man United on Legendary. Been stop start due to the frustrating nature of the game, but the latest updates and slider settings seem to have sorted it.

Level top with Liverpool with 5 games to go, CL semi vs. Seville and FA Cup semi v Burnley to come.

Stripped the squad right back, sold a bunch (Rojo, Jones, Bailly Lindelof, Shaw, Mata, Fred, Lingard, Ighalo) loaned out the kids and signed a load of up and comers..

Konate
Zagado
Dest
Soumare
Camavinga
Zakaria
Almada
Gravenberch (loaned out)
Ikone
Bailey
De Ketelaere (loaned out)

Struggled and lost 3 pre-season, drew/lost the first 2 and then started to sneak 1 goal victories. Was inundated with injuries, 5 broken toes to Maguire, Konate, Pogba, Zakaria, Martial and Rashford, so far and various other 3-4 weekers. Scraped through the CL groups and got to Christmas still in the mix, but devoid of pace in attack.. sold Dan James and took a punt on Richarlison, who has scored a few, but tends to play 2-3 then miss 2-3 with injury so far..

Enjoying it in the main, but I always jump into a throwaway career at the top end immediately after release while the various bugs get sorted and then get bored once I’ve won the lot and start a proper career lower down somewhere, which I think will be on the PS5 version this year..

Had to put it down though, as I nearly lost a CL quarter because my controller inexplicably ceased responding in the last 10 minutes whenever the ball went in my half allowing Barca to get level on aggregate, went through on away goals. It then did it again in the next league game causing me to go 2 down at West Ham. Won that 4-2. Then, with a different pad, same thing 15 minutes in against Newcastle. About 1-2 mins real time where players will not respond and when they do they’re outrageously sluggish. I though it was my pads, then the PS4, but it keeps doing it...

Last edited by DaTaFuNkZ; 11-18-2020 at 09:35 AM.
Old 11-18-2020, 04:05 PM   #34
Rookie

PDuncanOSU's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDuncanOSU
Thanks for the input. At this point I'm just ignoring that objective. I don't want to try to sign 3 more players from Asia or restart my career. It would be nice if some of these objectives were a little more clear.

Just finished the January transfer window with Dortmund. Barcelona activated Haaland's $196 million release clause but I was able to give him a 1-year extension and convince him to stay. I was surprised they didn't ask to put another release clause in his contract.

Also had to turn down big offers for Sancho and Reus. I will let any of them leave to bigger clubs if the right offers come in during the next summer transfer window. I'm just ahead of Bayern atop the Bundesliga table and made it through the group stage of the Champions League though, so I don't want to break up the team before I see this season through.
Questions on loose vs. strict transfer settings:
Once you have started your career mode is there a place to go back and check if you are using strict or loose and change it if needed?
I thought I had used strict settings but realizing that if I had, Bayern wouldn't have sold me (Dortmund) David Alaba.

Between that and finally now understanding the board objectives, I might restart my Dortmund career mode.
Old 11-24-2020, 10:35 AM   #35
Rookie

Despite the issues with this game, I am having a blast. I am playing my 4th season with Hamburger SV and so far it has gone better than I could have imagined. We have been 2nd or 3rd for most of the season in the Bundesliga and the Europa League has given us a lot of favorable matchups... Until the quarter final where we met with PSG.

They had underperformed in the champions finishing 3rd in their group but have been killing it in ligue 1 tying 2 of their 30ish games and winning the rest.

On the first leg we are playing at Paris. They go up quick 2-0 in the first 25 min as I am atonished by Mbappe and their 4-2-4. We responded in the 38th with a counter attack and the momentum turned our way the next 30 mins was all us until finally we were able to tie it in the 72nd minute with a 1 on 1 from Marvin Mehlem. We immediately went defensive as we had the tie with two away goals and I thought I'd get away with it until Neymar came in the 80th minute and scored the winner in the 88th.

Rested everyone in the Bundesliga Game as we have control of a top 4 spot but it was still a bet that we wouldn't f it up. We tied out game keeping us 10 points ahead of 5th with 5 games to go.

On the second leg of the Europa League we are playing at home and I set up my team for constant pressure knowing that the latest patch might screw me over since it depletes stamina so fast. MEHLEM was on fire! Barely missed 3 attempts before scoring a screamer in the 22nd. I went back to my balance-possesion combo and had a couple more chances before Andres silva tied it up for them in the 35th with a remote breaking type of goal. After that I made some changes and brought in Bakery Jatta to push the wings and it worked as we scored by header from one of his crossers. The last 20 minutes saw PSG shoot 8 times without scoring and us going through by away goals. Out path to the europa league cup looks a lot clearer now that we are pass one of europe's giants. Now we meet Fiorentina un the semi and will have a potential final clash with either Everton or Chelsea.

Sorry for the long post but I have never been so intensely stressed by fifa as this career mode had made me lol

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-26-2020, 01:32 PM   #36
Rookie

I might be in the middle of the biggest collapse I've ever had in fifa. On my last update I made it to the semis for the Europa League and was firmly in the top 4 of the Bundesliga.

Today after a run of games against Dortmund, bayern munich, leverkusen, and the first leg against chelsea I've lost 4 in a row.

I am still 3rd in the league but I have 3 teams now within 4 points of me and 2 games left. Hopefully I can close this out before the last match day.

My next game is the second leg of the EL at home down 2-1. This could be my opportunity to right everything back up again or to have the biggest collapse I've ever had in a fifa CM.

Old 11-29-2020, 07:33 AM   #37
Rookie

Playing 4-3-3 with a two pivot and 1 CAM in midfield, no matter what I do, the second I lose the ball the CAM drops off and positions himself immediately in front of my LB. Anyone else seen this? Tried everything, he still does it everytime.
Old 11-30-2020, 12:17 PM   #38
Rookie

We are now into December of the 5th season with Hamburg and the season is going beyond expectations. We received a bid from Real Madrid for Reinier for $280million and could not ignore it. We used the money to give depth to the team seeing as we are expected to compete in the league, cup and CL. We bought David Nerez, Myron Boadu, and a chilean regen named Bryan Reyes that is poised to be the perfect replacement for aging Draxler.

We have a 5 point lead in the Bundesliga having lost only 1 game. We are averaging 3 goals per game and had a complete 7-2 demolition of RB Leipzig.

The champions league has been equally as dominating. We are in a pretty favorable group with Juventus, RB Salzburg, and Spartak Moscow. We have won all 4 games and have secured 1st place. The highlights include an 8-0 shellacking of Spartak Moscow and a last minute 3-2 win against Juve.

Some adversity has hit the team as star striker Josh Maja has asked for a transfer without any hope of reconciliation. Boadu had been a really nice complement but losing Maja hampers the team's depth going forward.

Old 11-30-2020, 12:21 PM   #39
Rookie

Now the question. I have had a blast with my career mode. Building the team and keeping Financial Fair Play and some semblance of realism has made the save very entertaining.

I feel like my team is reaching the point were games are feeling too easy. I am considering the option of ending the save if I win the CL this year and go to a longer term one with q league 2 team. But I also think I could just make up a scenario where the team goes into financial issues and have to unload the expensive contracts to keep the challenge up.

Old 11-30-2020, 12:45 PM   #40
Rookie

PDuncanOSU's Arena

OVR: 1

Does the leadership trait have any effect?

In my Dortmund career I've already sold Axel Witsel who has that trait. I am ready to give Gio Reyna the starting CAM role and considering allowing Reus to leave in the next window. A similar story with starting Zagadou at CB and letting Hummels move on.
I'd then use the added funds to find an upgrade to Delaney at CDM in the next summer transfer window. That would still leave me Emre Can as a starting CB with that trait but I would have sold or benched 4 other veterans with the leadership trait.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »