Home

Rogie Vachon`s NHL12 Sliders (BaP Goalie/skater,all other modes)

This is a discussion on Rogie Vachon`s NHL12 Sliders (BaP Goalie/skater,all other modes) within the EA Sports NHL Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy > EA Sports NHL Last Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-18-2011, 06:47 PM   #89
Pro

OVR: 10
Re: Rogie Vachon`s NHL12 Sliders (BaP Goalie/skater,all other modes)

Quote:
Originally Posted by deagledan
yep, i had increased it to 1/1 as my players were bouncing off their hits.
Yeah, I'm noticing it happen all too often.... I saw a few good hits even with it on 0/0, but by a few, I mean few to none lol.
James Naismith visited an Indiana basketball state finals game along with 15,000 screaming fans and later wrote, that while it was invented in Massachusetts, "basketball really had its origin in Indiana, which remains the center of the sport."
Old 09-18-2011, 07:19 PM   #90
Rookie

OVR: 2

Liking the sliders so far. I changed a couple of things though.

Upped the pass assist to 2 for now and changed from Superstar to All-Star, as on Superstar with 0 assist, it felt like I could make mistake, but the AI would go tape to tape more often than not.

On All-Star and Pass Assist 2, both myself and the AI were making a similar number of errors and goals felt more like they were my own fault rather than fighting the manual passing.

Hits I may follow others and change to 1/1 as noticed similar issues with hits as others too. However, overall it plays a pretty damn good game of hockey.
Old 09-19-2011, 05:26 AM   #91
Rookie

OVR: 2

Played with the changes made in my post above and had the following:

Full Game Stats

First Period Events

Found I had a good mix of pressure from both teams, the game evolved well throughout all three periods. Hits look low, but the game seems to only register big hits. In the first period it was 0-0 for hits, but there were a few decent checks that weren't recorded. So overall, I am very happy with the set up.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2011, 06:56 AM   #92
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradigor
Played with the changes made in my post above and had the following:

Full Game Stats

First Period Events

Found I had a good mix of pressure from both teams, the game evolved well throughout all three periods. Hits look low, but the game seems to only register big hits. In the first period it was 0-0 for hits, but there were a few decent checks that weren't recorded. So overall, I am very happy with the set up.
Yeah, the way we've figured it is that whenever the a player hits the ice after being checked, that's when they call it a hit.

I watched another game in my GM mode with Rogie's set up on the first page and it was a pretty high scoring game... I was actually kind of worried, because we won the game 8-5 to get to the Stanley Cup Finals.
James Naismith visited an Indiana basketball state finals game along with 15,000 screaming fans and later wrote, that while it was invented in Massachusetts, "basketball really had its origin in Indiana, which remains the center of the sport."
Old 09-19-2011, 07:27 AM   #93
Pro

Alright, first game of the Stanley Cup Finals is finished. San Jose goes on to win the game 3-2. We outshot New Jersey 38-32, and both teams had 7 hits. Passing was still good, time on attack was more in favor of New Jersey.
Old 09-19-2011, 10:48 AM   #94
Banned

Rogie Vachon's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by deagledan
yep, i had increased it to 1/1 as my players were bouncing off their hits.
It`s such a fine line too,between too much and too little......it`s something I`ll be watching.

I`m sort of in a review phase of testing right now,....I know some things are good,some are in need of some minor fine tuning.

I`ve seen a couple of AI issues in the defensive zone,.......why do one Dman and the center always come rushing straight for the center of the crease,poking,poking,poking......still?

Who programmed them to come flying right in on the goalies,with sticks flailing ,....even diving for no reason......paying no attention to the trailing attackers or the guy standing at the back door.

I`m not saying it should never happen,.....but it shouldn`t be the default choice of programmed options.

I never got to do any testing last night,...got back from the rink and ended up trying to watch Contagion.......yawn,...
Old 09-19-2011, 11:01 AM   #95
Banned

Rogie Vachon's Arena

I`m not sold on this sim engine either.

I`m sure some of you have noticed this.....

If you try to exit a game,before it`s over,in season mode or BaP modes,etc.....the game now HAS to sim it to the finish for you....don`t know why,for offline does it matter if someone wants to restart games?

All that does is make people abort back to the 360 dashboard.

The issue is,....I decided to sim to the end of a game to see what would happen,....first time a 5-4 final score,....nothing wrong there,.....next one 8-6........

I will continue to do some tesing to see if that is going to be normal.
The other stats looked fine,but the scoring.....going to have to keep an eye out........
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2011, 01:31 PM   #96
Banned

Rogie Vachon's Arena

I`m sorry,but..... I`m having huge issues with the goalie controls and glitches involved in the paddle down stance.

WHY CAN`T I PADDLE DOWN POST HUG?

Why do I have to get on my feet to go paddle down,when I`m already in BUTTERFLY stance?

WHY DO MY LEGS KEEP KICKING OUT?

WHY CAN I ONLY GO INTO THE FLAWED PADDLE DOWN WHILE OUTSIDE THE PAINT?

WHY DO I HAVE TO USE THAT 1950`s POST HUG?

This is making BaP goalie pretty much a HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE.

The way human goalies are forced into using the VH is horrible,as is going into that horrible 1950`s post hug.

ALSO,.....he way the VH technique and the 1950`s style post hug end up being used way too much by the cpu goalies as default moves,they conflict and I`ve seen exploit goals as a result of it because the goalies start going through about 3 different stances for no reason and by then they`ve been scored on.

The NHL11 control scheme worked great,and it actually felt somewhat intuitive in how you could move and get into the different stances.....now it`s just plain borked.

I`ve submitted an idea to rememdy this,made posts about this issue,.....very little,nay,...I say,.....I HAVEN`T SEEN ANY SUPPORT,REPLIES,....nothing!
I can`t be the only goalie to see this is no good.

And if they can give you the option of using NHL`94 controls, then they can do something about this.

RANT OVER!

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy > EA Sports NHL Last Gen Sliders »