Home

AlTito's NHL 13 Sliders

This is a discussion on AlTito's NHL 13 Sliders within the EA Sports NHL Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy > EA Sports NHL Last Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-29-2012, 08:24 PM   #73
Rookie

Reiny09's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: AlTito's NHL 13 Sliders

What are you using in terms of period length, penalties and penalty time scaling in the rules tab?
Old 10-29-2012, 11:38 PM   #74
Rookie

SabresFan09's Arena

OVR: 2

I like to play 12 min periods because shots range from 25-40 per game and about 3-4 penalties. It feels longer but I think it plays better. Other than that I use AlTito's settings on his first page. All in all these are the best sliders I have ever used makes everygame interesting because you have your 4-1 wins and then your 3-2 OT thrillers.
Old 10-30-2012, 07:26 AM   #75
MVP

Al_Tito13's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiny09
What are you using in terms of period length, penalties and penalty time scaling in the rules tab?
Look at the first post on the first page, it's there at the bottom. But like SabresFan, you may still adjust it otherwise if you like it better that way.

Last edited by Al_Tito13; 10-30-2012 at 07:31 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-30-2012, 05:46 PM   #76
Rookie

Reiny09's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al_Tito13
Look at the first post on the first page, it's there at the bottom. But like SabresFan, you may still adjust it otherwise if you like it better that way.
My mistake. I missed that somehow. Thanks though
Old 11-06-2012, 08:42 AM   #77
Rookie

half-fast's Arena

OVR: 1

Great tuner so far, so thank you very much. One problem I'm seeing is completely whiffed passes for no reason, quite a bit. I upped Human puck control by 1 hoping to see an improvement ... will write back
Old 11-07-2012, 07:44 AM   #78
Rookie

OVR: 0

Hi I'm hoping these sliders can save me, looks like you've had a lot of good feed back.
I had my own sliders based a variant of NHL 12 but I've tweaked them so much I've lost my way with it (just gone 0-5-0 in my last 5 on be a GM). Like yourself I like sloppy gameplay with loose pucks and genially a tough CPU so you feel like your fighting for everything every shift etc... Most things are right and realistic but I've found my goalie is getting burnt and the CPU is only getting about 15 shots per game and I'm getting near 40 on net. So you can see its got ridiculous. (I've got my goalie at 4 reaction and screen 3 CPU goalie 3 screen 4)
I have CPU difficulty on 5 and from what I'm reading this seems to make the CPU cheap?
Getting a balance between CPU shooting a lot, scoring legit goals without your goalie being awesome is tough, any tips? Obviously I'll be trying your sliders tonight so that may answer my question.

Incidentally I'm using the revamped rosters from this forum they are spot on.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Markatron8; 11-07-2012 at 09:47 AM.
Old 11-07-2012, 06:46 PM   #79
MVP

Al_Tito13's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markatron8
I have CPU difficulty on 5 and from what I'm reading this seems to make the CPU cheap?
Yes, for CPU difficulty adjustment, I really think that 3 is the max you can put this slider without having the CPU cheating too much. Like I said before, everyone should try it at 0 at first and play some games with it. Every game is different so one game is really not enough to judge. If after playing some games (at least 3) it's too easy, then increase it to 1 and make the same test again. You can do it for 2 and ultimately 3 if it's still too easy for you.

My sliders are close to the final set right now, but there are still some things I may change, like poke checks and goalies. Some people are suggesting that goalie reaction speed should be increased to 3, so even if I still play with it at 2, I keep 3 as a possibility for the future.

Last edited by Al_Tito13; 11-10-2012 at 11:50 PM.
Old 11-13-2012, 09:56 PM   #80
Just started!

OVR: 0

hi altito13 1 question your setting is it good in be a pro mode too thank

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy > EA Sports NHL Last Gen Sliders »