Home

Hands on from HF boards

This is a discussion on Hands on from HF boards within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-15-2009, 01:58 PM   #81
Banned

OVR: 47
Re: Hands on from HF boards

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealmK
Because if they allowed that they would have nothing to talk about when marketing the game. Though I think EA deserves alot of credit the past couple years in the area of communication. Not to poke at 2k here as their lack of marketing is like beating a dead horse but I doubt we'd ever see raw gameplay footage breaking down game features and improvements like we've gotten this year from Litty and Rammer. It makes pefect sense why they do things the way they do Scott, you just need to look at it from the business side of marketing.
It is still stupid to me. I get the business sense to it, but it is still stupid. Do other business do that. Like car companies, TV's companies. They show you the things pretty fast or give you the info pretty fast too. If they let some go to see the game they should let them share the info, but I will say let's just agree to disagree.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2009, 01:59 PM   #82
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottdau
I think this rule is stupid. I get it, but it is still stupid. If they let you go and see it why can't you share. I will never understand this or why they don't share videos of the game more. Why the big secret. Oh well!
Well at an event like the one in Vancouver, it's actually a little relieving to have an embargo in place. I mean I saw 5 games in the span of 6-7 hours, plus was talking with developers and so on. To fly back and have to write about all of them at once wouldn't really benefit you guys since the thoughts wouldn't be fleshed out or as coherent as they could be.

I do get that everyone wants info all the time, but sometimes it does make sense. Plus, once again, it's not really a SCOOP if you're invited to an event at someone's house and then write everything like it's hard-hitting breaking news.
Old 07-15-2009, 02:08 PM   #83
Banned

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseB
Well at an event like the one in Vancouver, it's actually a little relieving to have an embargo in place. I mean I saw 5 games in the span of 6-7 hours, plus was talking with developers and so on. To fly back and have to write about all of them at once wouldn't really benefit you guys since the thoughts wouldn't be fleshed out or as coherent as they could be.

I do get that everyone wants info all the time, but sometimes it does make sense. Plus, once again, it's not really a SCOOP if you're invited to an event at someone's house and then write everything like it's hard-hitting breaking news.
OK, I still disagree, but I hear what you are saying. You are basically saying you are too lazy to write a kick *** review, so you like this rule. And I am just messing you! That is what means.
Old 07-15-2009, 02:33 PM   #84
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottdau
OK, I still disagree, but I hear what you are saying. You are basically saying you are too lazy to write a kick *** review, so you like this rule. And I am just messing you! That is what means.
Ha, you don't have to agree just giving you another perspective.
Old 07-15-2009, 02:37 PM   #85
MVP

Flyermania's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qb
You'd think that the likely action would be to prohibit the offending individual from any future events and possibly even the website/community that he or she represented. So in other words, no matter how much anyone begs & pleads DON'T SPILL THE BEANS FLYERMANIA!!!

PS - I know you won't, just saying...
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealmK
At least don't spill the beans til the embargo date is up.
Nothing to worry about on that...my lips are sealed until the appropriate time. I would never jeopardize OS being able to attend these events...hopefully you'll be able to attend next year Qb!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2009, 02:48 PM   #86
Rookie

OVR: 3

I wonder if we will have broken sticks in this game... I am soooo excited for this come to come out!
Old 07-15-2009, 05:06 PM   #87
MVP

bigwill33's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrgom81
I wonder if we will have broken sticks in this game... I am soooo excited for this come to come out!
No, broken sticks aren't in this game.
Old 07-15-2009, 06:11 PM   #88
Rookie

OVR: 5

One thing I am rather curious about is how player development will be handled this year. I would like to see a young player having a break out year have it acknowledged with a huge overall increase. I mean for example, yes D'Agostini may have a B in potential however he went on a 90+ point onslaught. I believe he should get a much higher boost than +1.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »