Home

Old 11-09-2009, 07:26 AM   #17
Banned

CelticHeart's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Done.

Hugly but right, what FM say is true, what I must say is that, tweaking the sliders you dont resolve too mutch, this seems the croix of this game, unable to find medium good gameplay, or you annhilathe the cpu, or cpu goes insane, and cheap....... beware this is a problem of EA its a long know main time problem and is over all games(fifa, madden....) Simply EA is unable to made game sport simulation. A part some rarely lucky year as NHL 04.... or fifa 08
Old 11-09-2009, 09:49 AM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 5

I am in the same boat. I played through a season and a half on All Star with your sliders. At first the game was amazing but after awhile the CPU became impossible to beat. No matter how flawless I played a game I would get steam rolled. This along with the constant freezing after the patch and I am trading it in.
Old 11-09-2009, 10:14 AM   #19
MVP

jkra0512's Arena

OVR: 31

Maybe it's because I suck at this game but I can't play on SS because of the ridiculous success of the stick lift, out-of-nowhere poke checks, and the CPU able to check you and you lost possession of the puck, even if they have no angle or speed to offer up a big hit.

Also, I was sick of my defensemen never playing the puck or playing so passively that they let a winger get in deep without fighting for position in front of the goalie. It just seems that when the CPU wants to score they will big hit you at stupid angles, the puck jumps over your stick, and you start losing most of the battles in the corner.

Luckily, I was blessed with finding good sliders that give me a chance to win and lose on a fair basis. However I feel your frustration, playing on SS is not realistic OR fun...
Old 11-09-2009, 10:41 AM   #20
MVP

jsquigg's Arena

OVR: 16

I understand you are entitled to your opinion, but I disagree that the series is going backward. There have been large strides made in board play and atmosphere, and superstar has always been tough. You can use sliders to make all-star tougher or superstar easier (I'm sure you've experimented, so don't take that too harshly). I guess all I can say is that I'm having a different experience and have never seen something I consider to be AI cheating, etc.
Old 11-09-2009, 11:15 AM   #21
Banned

OVR: 38

FM ,
I know we talked about this at great length and I agree about the cheapee goals ect but I also think and have found great sliders on Superstar and no cheats thanks to CelticHeart but we are all different.
I hate to say it but its best you moved on as I had the same Issue with MLB the show 09 even though they masked the cheats alot better as a boost .
This is why I endorse sliders only as opposed to forced Ai ,cheats, comeback and boosts.
I sadly think that stuff is easier for game makers to program and that is the future cause eveyone here wants 100 % realisum .
But once again I really enjoy everything else with NHL 10 .
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-09-2009, 11:22 AM   #22
MVP

Flyermania's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsquigg
I understand you are entitled to your opinion, but I disagree that the series is going backward. There have been large strides made in board play and atmosphere, and superstar has always been tough. You can use sliders to make all-star tougher or superstar easier (I'm sure you've experimented, so don't take that too harshly). I guess all I can say is that I'm having a different experience and have never seen something I consider to be AI cheating, etc.
I thought the addition of CPU sliders would help, but All-Star just doesn't present enough of a challenge. I can consistently outshoot them by a 10-15 shot margin and hold them to under 20 shots each and every game. Part of the problem, and not just on All-Star, is the CPU offensive AI. They just don't shoot enough and often pass out of scoring opportunities. This is where I feel the game has definitely taken a step backwards as this was not an issue in 08/09 at all.

Board play and atmosphere has definitely improved, but the CPU offensive AI has taken some serious steps backwards --- especially for the offline product. Superstar has always been a good challenge, but this year the cheap goals really ruin that difficulty level IMO. Skill levels should increase the intelligence of the CPU, not their ability to get obnoxious attribute boosts or cheap goals.
Old 11-09-2009, 11:24 AM   #23
MVP

Flyermania's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorismary
FM ,
I know we talked about this at great length and I agree about the cheapee goals ect but I also think and have found great sliders on Superstar and no cheats thanks to CelticHeart but we are all different.
I hate to say it but its best you moved on as I had the same Issue with MLB the show 09 even though they masked the cheats alot better as a boost.
dorismary,

I've tried your SS settings and CelticHeart's as well, butr unfortunately I still have seen the same issues. I'm glad they have worked for you...for me, it's a matter of moving on and seeing what the game offers and changes for next year.
Old 11-09-2009, 11:37 AM   #24
MVP

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyermania
I thought the addition of CPU sliders would help, but All-Star just doesn't present enough of a challenge. I can consistently outshoot them by a 10-15 shot margin and hold them to under 20 shots each and every game. Part of the problem, and not just on All-Star, is the CPU offensive AI. They just don't shoot enough and often pass out of scoring opportunities. This is where I feel the game has definitely taken a step backwards as this was not an issue in 08/09 at all.

Board play and atmosphere has definitely improved, but the CPU offensive AI has taken some serious steps backwards --- especially for the offline product. Superstar has always been a good challenge, but this year the cheap goals really ruin that difficulty level IMO. Skill levels should increase the intelligence of the CPU, not their ability to get obnoxious attribute boosts or cheap goals.
I totally agree about CPU offensive AI. It's terrible. I've seen guys pass up breakaways to curl around and pass it to the point.

The only area this game really, really struggles in is the AI, on both sides. Without create-a-plays, your teammates do nothing whatsoever.

That all said, I'm loving the game and have actually had the CPU get really good shot totals on me. Yea, there's some cheapies as usual, but luckily I've found a nice balance.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »