Home

NHL 13 Teaser - The Next Gameplay Revolution is Coming

This is a discussion on NHL 13 Teaser - The Next Gameplay Revolution is Coming within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-14-2012, 10:19 PM   #33
Rookie

RamZnation's Arena

OVR: 7
I'm looking forward to this. Still wondering who is going to win the Cover, too!
Old 05-14-2012, 10:37 PM   #34
MVP

bukktown's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: NHL 13 Teaser - The Next Gameplay Revolution is Coming

I really thought the skill stick in NHL 07 was the pinnacle of sports gameplay revolutions.

But I guess, 6 years later we are due for a new pinnacle.
Old 05-14-2012, 11:06 PM   #35
MVP

OVR: 8
The video hints that it has to do something with skating. I'm guessing its a whole new skating engine.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-14-2012, 11:10 PM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 0

I wish they would stop putting a game out every year and only put a game out every two years. Just keep coming out with the odd patch and frequent roster updates in the meantime. I think it would be worth the wait and would be a much more complete product. However, that would not be as profitable so it will never ever happen.
Old 05-14-2012, 11:47 PM   #37
R.I.P 2KHockey 2000-2011

savoie2006's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babar61
I wish they would stop putting a game out every year and only put a game out every two years. Just keep coming out with the odd patch and frequent roster updates in the meantime. I think it would be worth the wait and would be a much more complete product. However, that would not be as profitable so it will never ever happen.
If the series made alot money, that would be more likely. As it is though, they would lose too much money.
Old 05-14-2012, 11:58 PM   #38
Banned

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by savoie2006
Well since this is the year the physics engine is suppose to be complete, I could see the skating and such getting an overhaul. If so, that and a Presentation overhaul would be fine with me for a year. Then next year focus on an AI overhaul along with adding depth to BAGM. I understand they can't possibly get it all in one year.
Yeah, I'm thinking the same. Yes players should have weight, but where is the line and how do you not cross it? The one thing that has bothered me about 2k's game and really 2k's sports titles on the whole is the over use of momentum and overly heavy use of long drawn out animations that remove control from the player. If they can find the sweet spot so as players aren't turning on a dime and ignoring their stats, they'll do ok.

I'm just hoping it's not "skill stick 3.0" or some back of the box bullet point like that, the game imo plays fairly well, it just needs a few tweaks in certain areas, skating being a major one, physics being the other. The hitting in 12 feels "off" for lack of a better way to describe it. More than likely due to the skating and the lack of weight.

The other thing that needs to be addressed on the gameplay front is attributes mattering. EA at some point whether it's this gen or the start of next gen, needs to bite the bullet and spread the ratings out, the way the game has been the last few years, teams and players are far too close to each other in overalls and this ends up with all the teams and players feeling "samey"

I get it, you don't want to frustrate the casuals, and even a guy like Shaun Thorton can pull off a decent deke from time to time, but it happens way to often, way too easy as it is now. It's near impossible to tell if the cpu has a 4th line out there, or a first line, because all their players feel the same. Needs to be addressed period.

Other than that, blow out the presentation, it's long over due. The ingame action tracker last year was nice, the cuts to guys on the bench and talk about streaks, in game action replay clips of saves, and hits etc were a good start, but there's a long way to go to make the overall experience not feel stale or again "samey" as it has since 08 or so.
Old 05-15-2012, 12:45 AM   #39
Banned

OVR: 0
Lets be honest NHL needs a huge overhaul...The commentary, The player models, Create A Team, Create A Player, GAMEPLAY Uhh I could go on and on....But it's just getting sad not only with NHL games but Football games too.. EA has like no competition so they lack features that should be in games every year and Don't really listen to the public all that well. It's just annoying..
Old 05-15-2012, 01:04 AM   #40
MVP

gator3guy's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangers1724

I figured their ad for NHL 13 would be "NHL 13....a game so close to the ice it constantly freezes."
Haha. That's brilliant. So true.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »