Home

"Hockey IQ" Video

This is a discussion on "Hockey IQ" Video within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-06-2012, 10:25 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 8
Re: "Hockey IQ" Video

Holy **** do those goalie animations look good
Old 06-06-2012, 10:31 PM   #10
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealmK
I think the goalies are looking great. Loving the dynamic vibe to the branching animations.
I'm with you.. looks like I need to work some major OT this year with NCAA, Madden and NHL 13.

I can't wait to see a live game in action to see how it all comes together.
Old 06-06-2012, 10:32 PM   #11
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealmK
Was just going to post something similar. Agreed, I just hope they take the time to set every cpu team to at least be somewhat accurate in this regard if they're not going to let us do so in offline GM mode since it usually limits you to your team only.
It would be neat if each team's coach used the strategy they prefer or leaned more towards the players they have and mixed them up until they had success.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-07-2012, 02:08 AM   #12
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23

Yep, the new goalie animations that they showed looked very nice.

And if the AI controlled teams do actually play like their real life counterparts, and you can actually see/feel the difference....NHL '13' could be a real hit.

Oh man....to be facing a team in GM mode, that IRL plays a trapping style, and sure as heck...the video game team is bottling up the neutral zone and pretty much forcing me to dump the puck in...I'll be one happy camper! If they can really pull it off, were playing the Kings truly is different than playing the Oilers...again...happy happy!
Old 06-07-2012, 02:30 AM   #13
MVP

bwiggy33's Arena

OVR: 6

I'm digging the goalie animations as long as they are done at the correct time. If a goalie should make a fundamental save I want him to, if he can't and has to flop or scramble then I love it. Obviously this game isn't 2k but I remember their goalies flopping way too much and unrealistically back in the day. I hope this doesn't happen in 13. I just want the goalies to make natural saves and then do whatever they can to stop shots when they are out of position. This is the part that I cannot wait to see how it plays out. Besides player separation, goalies are my biggest gripe in this game. The only thing they need to still do is make them move with momentum rather than glide all over the ice when they do their stops, starts, and go post to post. The goalies just look like they're moving 1,000 mph. Make them 2k8 esque and I will be the happiest man ever.
NFL-Minnesota Vikings
NFL-Denver Broncos
NCAAF-Michigan Wolverines
NCAAH-St. Cloud State Huskies
Soccer-Chelsea
Old 06-07-2012, 07:37 AM   #14
MVP

OVR: 12

At 7:10, Doherty grabs the puck off the faceoff, then starts moving up ice... video then cuts back to the guys in the studio yacking... next shot is the Kings in the TB zone with the puck. They didn't want us to see it's the same old easy as pie to gain the other team's zone I guess, lol.

Last edited by Yeats; 06-07-2012 at 10:24 AM.
Old 06-07-2012, 08:28 AM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeats
At 7:10 the Doherty grabs the puck off the faceoff, then starts moving up ice... video then cuts back to the guys in the studio yacking... next shot is the Kings in the TB zone with the puck. They didn't want us to see it's the same old easy as pie to gain the other team's zone I guess, lol.
Yea, for a ~9 min video it was a lot of three guys talking and not that much gameplay.

I agree it all sounds really good but I'm going to wait until after release before I buy this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-07-2012, 09:56 AM   #16
MVP

OVR: 15

glad dean richards is back with the team.
thats an improvement already.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »