Home

NHL 13 Gameplay Video

This is a discussion on NHL 13 Gameplay Video within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-19-2012, 08:06 AM   #121
MVP

jake19ny's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NHL 13 Gameplay Video

Guys its only June and the Kings are still nursing their hangover...we should all be playing baseball....Just kidding. We really are only
in the early stage of this and Im looking forward to the demo. Guys should'nt be fighting over the game. It will be released and 3 things are for sure:
1) Guys that want a 100% NHL sim will be pissed and shred the game
2) Guys that want arcade hockey will find glitches and wait for patches that allow them to plaster people through the boards (please no EA dont!)
3) The rest of us will find some things we hate about it, tweak the sliders and only fix some of the stuff, and then come to terms with what have and enjoy the game.
Overall I'm expecting a big improvement based on the little I've seen. I could be wrong. I am expecting to be annoyed by some stuff but so be it, I'm looking forward to it. Again guys dont fight....everyone is entitled to their opinion or view on the game...even those who say its going to blow chunks and those saying it will be the greatest game ever. In the end we will all fall into one of the three groups above and thats part of what these forums are for....talking, praising, or complaining about the game. Its all good as long as no attacks each other.

Last edited by jake19ny; 06-19-2012 at 08:09 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-19-2012, 09:09 AM   #122
Banned

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake19ny
Guys its only June and the Kings are still nursing their hangover...we should all be playing baseball....Just kidding. We really are only
in the early stage of this and Im looking forward to the demo. Guys should'nt be fighting over the game. It will be released and 3 things are for sure:
2) Guys that want arcade hockey will find glitches and wait for patches that allow them to plaster people through the boards (please no EA dont!)
3) The rest of us will find some things we hate about it, tweak the sliders and only fix some of the stuff, and then come to terms with what have and enjoy the game.
Overall I'm expecting a big improvement based on the little I've seen. I could be wrong. I am expecting to be annoyed by some stuff but so be it, I'm looking forward to it. Again guys dont fight....everyone is entitled to their opinion or view on the game...even those who say its going to blow chunks and those saying it will be the greatest game ever. In the end we will all fall into one of the three groups above and thats part of what these forums are for....talking, praising, or complaining about the game. Its all good as long as no attacks each other.
Spot on. I fall into # 3 myself. There's enough good in the game to go with the bad imo.
Old 06-19-2012, 03:51 PM   #123
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake19ny
So very well said, Jake.

No sense in me even trying to add on to this...so I'll just keep quite.
Old 06-20-2012, 11:12 PM   #124
Banned

ThaLiveKing's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Gameplay Video

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkharsh33
yet another "we who love it are right on the money" and those who don't can just "go to hell" comment...

You guys win... NHL 13 will be the single greatest video sports game ever created that is a must own, and will totally change the way we play sports video games forever. I can't wait to pre-order and spend all night playing it. The video evidence is overwhelming...
You talking about my post? lol!! I don't remember one person complaining about NHL 13 when I was at E3, doesn't matter what I would say anyways, which is why I don't post in forums anymore, when the demo comes out, you'll see that its no joke, and light years ahead of 12 in gameplay!! NHL 13 and FIFA 13 are going to be EA's best sports titles this year
Old 06-21-2012, 01:16 PM   #125
MVP

canucksss's Arena

OVR: 13

i just played another game of NHL12 in my BGM (on the 4th season, approx. only 10 games simmed) yesterday.

ARRRGGGHHH.....i hope EA will address the stupid goalie who will chase the puck outside the trapezoid. ALSO chasing the loose puck even if there's a teammate and opposing player near it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2012, 12:35 PM   #126
Banned

Rogie Vachon's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by canucksss
i just played another game of NHL12 in my BGM (on the 4th season, approx. only 10 games simmed) yesterday.

ARRRGGGHHH.....i hope EA will address the stupid goalie who will chase the puck outside the trapezoid. ALSO chasing the loose puck even if there's a teammate and opposing player near it.
Yes,they go into the trapezoid,or would,if you don`t take control and do something before the cpu screws you.
This happens at least 75% of the time,...easily,probably more.

If you ever play as a goalie,do you ever notice that you have an almost impossible time stopping the puck when it`s dumped in,..of course,unless the puck is close the the trapezoid line,then your guy will control the puck and spin the puck through the corner of the verbotten zone,....and 2 mins assessed to you.

This happens with a goalie that has every attribute at 99,so it`s not like he has crappy abilities.
Old 07-14-2012, 04:04 PM   #127
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuGer33
Calling NHL 12 broken is as bad as a fanboy calling it perfect. The progression of comments from "EA haters" are just as predictable and just as sad.

The game was "borked" when it came out? How so? And it's broken now? Sure, there are some elements to gameplay that are awful (figure skating puck control, bouncing off hits, some AI issues, etc.) but the game is hardly broken.
Well, not "broken" in the sense that you couldn't play a hockey game, but NHL 12 did introduce a swathe of unwelcome issues. The penalties, freezing and custom music killed it for a lot of customers. It really was a backwards step

I can't really take anything from that video, faces seem better, some new camera angles but the promised enhancements are more to do with gameplay so until the core fanbase play it for themselves in their own setups, it's impossible to tell if 13 is going to be a return to at least the standard of 11 or, here's hoping, turn out to be the best year ever for the franchise. Cautiously optimistic.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »