Home

NHL 13 Gameplay Video

This is a discussion on NHL 13 Gameplay Video within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-16-2012, 09:16 AM   #41
Twitch/YouTube: Fiddy14

Fiddy's Arena

OVR: 32
Re: Gameplay Video

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkharsh33
...and what amazes me is how every year the final build falls woefully short of anything that resembles NHL hockey. sliders that don't really fix things at all...

Look, my eyes don't lie: those 500 mph passes being zinged to a guy standing 4 feet away from him, magnetizing to his stick, NEVER bouncing off - and you call me out (earlier) for being a NBA 2K fan boy (of which I have no idea where that came from)... yet YOU defend EA's continual, year after year, piece of garbage for a hockey game? friend, that's laughable...

Look, I hope they do tweak things and fine-tune it... BUT, each year they provide numerous tuners and patches that destroy the game. Running in circles trying to get goalies to play right, never finding any sense of real hockey.

But don't single people out who looked at that video footage, expressed their concerns and dislikes, and then sit on your high horse like you know something the rest of us don't. it's another reason I'm coming to loathe this site - there's a double standard, and provided you've got enough clout here you can call others out and act all self-righteous about a stupid video game.

I expressed rational, clear minded, honest evaluations based upon what I saw with my own eyes. I did not embellish or attempt to overstate what I witnessed. yes, it's an early build...but it's more of the same stuff with passing that we've seen for YEARS. that's a simple fact that cannot be denied, and if it's not fixed, the magnetizing puck and tape-to-tape passes will destroy this game's realism yet again.

My apologies if you're offended, but I'm simply stating what I saw of which you didn't - you just want to cut me off at my knees, without stating where I was wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeats
My comment was more a visual observation, just static and unnatural looking. But now that you mention it, yeah, that's the ongoing problem with this series. It looks and plays like a video game, nothing like the real thing whatsoever. I can play FIFA for example and at times it feels like a real soccer/football match is happening on my screen -- the pace, the player movement and animations, etc. But that's never the case this game.

couldn't agree more guys..
http://www.youtube.com/@Fiddy14

Favorite Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
New York Mets
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Browns
Notre Dame Fightin Irish
Liverpool FC
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2012, 09:40 AM   #42
Pro

OVR: 33
The lighting seems better. Not going to analyse gameplay. As others have stated you can only start judging this when slider adjustments have been made.
Old 06-16-2012, 09:49 AM   #43
MVP

OVR: 24
Re: NHL 13 Gameplay Video

Really liked the new lighting and the replacement of cutscenes with live-action between plays. Overall seems to be a huge graphical improvement.

Will reserve gameplay judgement until a little later on in the process.
Old 06-16-2012, 10:06 AM   #44
TrueSim Projects-Creator

Cycloniac's Arena

OVR: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler289
Really liked the new lighting and the replacement of cutscenes with live-action between plays. Overall seems to be a huge graphical improvement.

Will reserve gameplay judgement until a little later on in the process.
You don't think that even with these "live-action- scenes, they'll get repeptive after a while just like the cutscnes did? I'm also interested in knowing whether you can instigate/start fights after the whistle now., because those scenes looked really, really short; don't know if the user was skipping through them though.
Old 06-16-2012, 10:41 AM   #45
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47
Until we get some CPU-CPU gameplay videos, I'll reserve judgment on NHL 13's gameplay.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2012, 11:00 AM   #46
MVP

OVR: 30
Hmm. Didn't like the fact that contact between players and the boards are still not impoved but I guess that's a whole new tech that has yet to come.

Passing definitely still looks magnetic and there's still dead face, robotic movement moments at times in between plays, from what I can see but I'm still hopeful for an overall better feeling game. Still have yet to purchase an NHL game this gen.
Old 06-16-2012, 11:01 AM   #47
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealmK
Look I'd love to see pucks bouncing all over the place too. And have a sloppy game but at the end of the day, you also want the game to be fun and playable without being frustrating to play.
You certainly want a fun factor, but after this point in time, how can it not be in the programming to have a choice of total sim puck physics, i.e., pucks "bouncing" all over the place and can therefore finally play a true 20 min offline/online game vs. total (crap) arcade where the pucks velcro to the stick. Then you can have the middle ground as well.

Constant tape-to-tape is comparable to WR's never dropping a pass, batters always making contact with the pitch, etc.
Old 06-16-2012, 11:58 AM   #48
Banned

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by daflyboys
You certainly want a fun factor, but after this point in time, how can it not be in the programming to have a choice of total sim puck physics, i.e., pucks "bouncing" all over the place and can therefore finally play a true 20 min offline/online game vs. total (crap) arcade where the pucks velcro to the stick. Then you can have the middle ground as well.

Constant tape-to-tape is comparable to WR's never dropping a pass, batters always making contact with the pitch, etc.
If the Ease of Pass Reception slider wasn't broken it wouldn't have been a problem in 12. NHL players don't spend a 60 minute game bobbling passes all night long. These guys are pros, they complete most of them.

Now that we have accurate strategies and finally long over due neutral zone play, that alone should make for a more sloppy game.

I'd rather wait and see how it turns out then bash an alpha build from 3+ months before ship for being garbage.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »