Home

NHL 13 Gameplay Video

This is a discussion on NHL 13 Gameplay Video within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-16-2012, 01:32 PM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: NHL 13 Gameplay Video

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreyIM2
Hmm. Didn't like the fact that contact between players and the boards are still not impoved but I guess that's a whole new tech that has yet to come.

Passing definitely still looks magnetic and there's still dead face, robotic movement moments at times in between plays, from what I can see but I'm still hopeful for an overall better feeling game. Still have yet to purchase an NHL game this gen.

Their still putting hitting physics back into the game. EA had to take out hitting physics when they put the skating engine in and are slowly putting it back in.
Old 06-16-2012, 02:15 PM   #50
MVP

onlybygrace's Arena

OVR: 32
Re: Gameplay Video

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealmK
You know it amazes me every year that we're lucky enough to see E3 build footage and people feel the need to tear it apart thinking it's using sim sliders and final code. Just truly face palm inducing.
Word...not only that, but this is probably being played by some newbs who haven't learned the new controls or don't have much experience with the NHL series. The lack of skill stick use in the vid causes me to think we have a couple low end NHL gamers here...not that there is no stick handling in the game like someone said earlier in the thread.

That factors in as well.
Old 06-16-2012, 02:20 PM   #51
MVP

onlybygrace's Arena

OVR: 32
Re: Gameplay Video

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weapon X
Jesus Oli Herbert Christ, here we go again.

Does anyone at all remember when the community first got their collective hands on the NHL 12 demo, and out of sheer impatience some of us just jumped into the gameplay and had a "meh" response to the game? Only until those people went back, a bit calmer, and chose "Hardcore" as the Game Style did they find that the game played closer to our collective "sim-oriented" desires?

It seems like everyone forgets that what's fun for us will most likely not be fun for everyone else. I can't tell you how many times I've watched my step-dad play NHL 2K10 and tried to tell him to dump the puck in so he can get a line change when he starts complaing that his guys "won't move" when he's had the first line out for a third of the period. This is someone who watches hockey when I have it on, and yet he simply refuses to do so for whatever asinine reason. He eventually relented to messing with the sliders instead of attempting to play a more simulation style of hockey. Those are the people they expect to demo the games for at these conventions and events. They're gamers of the el-generico variety, not raging sports game sim-heads like us. Hence why the crew over at EA Vancouver almost always jacks the settings up to showcase the featured talking point of the event (in this years case, its the skating engine), and almost always has the Game Style locked on "default" (and as we know, Default to most of us plays like a complete joke in NHL 12).

So for the love of anything that's sane, I encourage the certain sector of you guys who are complaining to keep this observation in perspective: you have not seen the build that will be pressed to the master and shipped around the world, with Hardcore Game Style / custom sim settings enabled. At the very least, wait until the demo drops so your claims can be validated by a hands-on experience with a later build and the preferred (and alleged) "sim-oriented" settings enabled, and not an alpha build who's settings are set specifically to wow a group of journalists who's job usually calls for them to write about the release date and miniscule graphical updates of the next Call of Duty or Halo game as opposed to a comparative analysis of the real NHL v. EA's NHL in the field of realistic representation.

EDIT

Goddamn it MKharsh, thanks for giving the inevitable "touche" moment right ABOVE me that I had no knowledge of because it was posted as I was typing mine. Hahaha.

WX
Ahhh...a refreshing voice of reason...

Seriously, this needs to be stickied. The President could not have worded it better.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2012, 02:34 PM   #52
MVP

phillyfan23's Arena

OVR: 16
The tape to tape passing gas got to be a concern as it has been in the game since nhl 08. sidney crosby is the same quality passer as arron asham which is pathetic. I thought that nhl12 was a bit better in the organic passing dept....but after playing 2k10.....it has a looongggg way to go.

the overaccuracy of the passing is the one thing they must address for nhl 13 but i doubt it looking at their track record.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2
Old 06-16-2012, 04:11 PM   #53
Rookie

OVR: 4
I've bought this game every year since 07 and play religiously after. There have been years where I had doubts prior to release, but those doubts did not hold me back from buying or from enjoying every minute. I'm sure those complaining about the puck physics have done the same, or else they wouldn't be on this site searching for info on the game.
Old 06-16-2012, 04:14 PM   #54
Banned

Rogie Vachon's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazraz
The lighting seems better. Not going to analyse gameplay. As others have stated you can only start judging this when slider adjustments have been made.
One can begin looking at certain player behaviors.

For example,...watching the goalies(that I`m guessing have all been cpu controlled),...I see that they go into the ancient 1950`s style post hug way too much.
They need to limit it to stand up goalies only,and reduce it`s occurence,or just get rid of it completely.

Personally,I`m really sick and tired of seeing that garbage,especially when the modern moves are already in the game,.....but the game trumps them all the time by either going into this stupid f`ing move.

Stupid game will even use this outdated ,ugly,useless,stance instead of using the paddle down technique.

Now,...I`ve only got 42 yrs worth of experience being a world class goalie in the RW,....so I might know a thing or two about the position.

I`m pleased that I have seen some a few improvements,but there are still some things that are deficient in the way the function,...for both the human controlled goalies and the cpu controlled goalies.
Old 06-16-2012, 04:17 PM   #55
Rookie

Jepockn's Arena

OVR: 0

lol i didn't think it looked to bad, however I found the cut scenes to be really choppy. Almost like NHL 2k10 had back in the day. Hopefully they can make a smoother transition.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2012, 04:34 PM   #56
Banned

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyfan23
The tape to tape passing gas got to be a concern as it has been in the game since nhl 08. sidney crosby is the same quality passer as arron asham which is pathetic. I thought that nhl12 was a bit better in the organic passing dept....but after playing 2k10.....it has a looongggg way to go.

the overaccuracy of the passing is the one thing they must address for nhl 13 but i doubt it looking at their track record.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2
Sliders, pass reception. You know its funny to me, guys that rant and rave about sim hockey never mention NHL2k10's CPU AI and teammate AI's inability to even break out of the zone properly or the AI's inability to even know what positioning is, playing NHL2k10 is like being on the ice with a buzzing bee hive with guys just all over the place and sluggish skating + controls. That's fine apparently, but it's perfectly alright to bash a beta build 3+ months out with two casual guys playing it with untouched sliders.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »