Home

NHL 13 Gameplay Video

This is a discussion on NHL 13 Gameplay Video within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-16-2012, 09:40 PM   #65
Hall Of Fame

BlueNGold's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: NHL 13 Gameplay Video

Just reading through this thread, some of you guys take video games way too seriously. Maybe it's time to find a new hobby.

Anyways, as for the video, I liked most of what I saw but obviously it's hard to get a decent read on the game when you have guys playing who are all over the place.

I love that they've finally gone away from cutscenes post-whistle. The one negative I saw was there was only about 1 pass that was misplayed. Everything else was pretty much tape to tape like NHL 12. I hope EA can just come out and say whether or not this has been fixed or if the Pass Reception Ease slider will at least work this year because that alone nearly killed NHL 12 for me.

Last edited by BlueNGold; 06-16-2012 at 09:42 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2012, 05:55 AM   #66
Banned

Rogie Vachon's Arena

OVR: 6

I just saw a few seconds of some game play in broadcast view.

It wasn`t great video,...but it was good enough to be excited about playing in broadcast view.
Old 06-17-2012, 10:44 AM   #67
Banned

OVR: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealmK
You know it amazes me every year that we're lucky enough to see E3 build footage and people feel the need to tear it apart thinking it's using sim sliders and final code. Just truly face palm inducing.
Whats' even MORE amazing is that often, and I mean QUITE OFTEN, that E3 build footage you're talking about ends up being the game, and folks like you whip out the "but....but .... wait until NEXT year!!!" garbage. Sliders ain't going to fix what I saw in that video, and I'm not even a hockey fan. Yeah, the two dudes playing the game just wanted to score. They obviously do not have a hockey background, and thus they don't understand the importance of passing (and lots of it) just to score a goal. Their lack of experience aside, this game just looks terrible.
Old 06-17-2012, 11:15 AM   #68
Rookie

OVR: 0
Look at dem nitpickers. "Hmmmmmmmmm, this game fails to exceed my ridiculously high expectations, hmmmmmmmmm..."
Old 06-17-2012, 12:50 PM   #69
Rookie

OVR: 4

Nitpickers will do their thing, tearing games apart before getting their hands on it. The rest of us anticipate being able to play it, so we can make an informed opinion.
Old 06-17-2012, 01:34 PM   #70
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06woz
Nitpickers will do their thing, tearing games apart before getting their hands on it. The rest of us anticipate being able to play it, so we can make an informed opinion.
Yup, those are my thoughts on this thing.
Old 06-17-2012, 02:55 PM   #71
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

OVR: 35

So, to recap this fine thread...

- if you see anything wrong with the game, point out any flaws, notice that the passing system is still the same... You're a "nitpicker", "overly fanatical", "unrealistic", "need to calm down" ... things like this. In simple terms, you're blind and ignorant, a pessimist who should leave OS & be excommunicated.

- if you defend the game, knowing that it's largely the same stuff year in and year out... You're "centered", "respected", "exhibit great patience", "supportive (though clearly NOT an EA apologist)" ... things like this. In simple terms, you're wise and noble, an optimist who should be revered.

It's funny that this turned into an EA vs. 2K debate (at times) - of which I never ever mentioned 2K for a millisecond. But even if this is an "alpha" build - if the idea is smarter AI and more simulation-like hockey, wouldn't EA have at least tuned down the rocket passing & magnetized sticks just a LITTLE BIT??? If this was an NBA or College Hoops game - would passing the ball 500 mph to a guy only 4 feet away, ALWAYS catching those passes (which are always dead on center)... or an NFL or College Football game where the QB passed the ball to his RB in the flats at those same speed and distances - would this really be acceptable??? Come on, that's a joke.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2012, 04:41 PM   #72
Banned

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkharsh33
So, to recap this fine thread...

- if you see anything wrong with the game, point out any flaws, notice that the passing system is still the same... You're a "nitpicker", "overly fanatical", "unrealistic", "need to calm down" ... things like this. In simple terms, you're blind and ignorant, a pessimist who should leave OS & be excommunicated.

- if you defend the game, knowing that it's largely the same stuff year in and year out... You're "centered", "respected", "exhibit great patience", "supportive (though clearly NOT an EA apologist)" ... things like this. In simple terms, you're wise and noble, an optimist who should be revered.

It's funny that this turned into an EA vs. 2K debate (at times) - of which I never ever mentioned 2K for a millisecond. But even if this is an "alpha" build - if the idea is smarter AI and more simulation-like hockey, wouldn't EA have at least tuned down the rocket passing & magnetized sticks just a LITTLE BIT??? If this was an NBA or College Hoops game - would passing the ball 500 mph to a guy only 4 feet away, ALWAYS catching those passes (which are always dead on center)... or an NFL or College Football game where the QB passed the ball to his RB in the flats at those same speed and distances - would this really be acceptable??? Come on, that's a joke.
Well it is an alpha build, heck the hitting physics weren't even back in the game yet. They have a ways to go when it comes to tuning. Now if it's September and the passing is rocket tape to tape, bitch away. That's the difference.

You're looking at a 4 month old build and essentially claiming it to be doom and gloom.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »