Home

NHL 14 Gameplay Video - E3 2013

This is a discussion on NHL 14 Gameplay Video - E3 2013 within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-20-2013, 11:50 AM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: NHL 14 Gameplay Video - E3 2013

Please tell me something new about that I haven't seen from NHL 13.. This game is a huge disappoint. Gonna wait for next-gen definitely.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-20-2013, 12:06 PM   #42
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16

This is more like NHL 13.5 as least without playing it.

Very disappointed in the lack of presentation attention.

I love NHL 13, logged over 150 games, but seriously.. they updated fighting and hitting, is that all? Was BEAGM mode even touched?
Old 06-20-2013, 03:28 PM   #43
Twitch/YouTube: Fiddy14

Fiddy's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by onac22
They won't do most of what you have here because EA has decided HUT is more important. As well as profit. Gamefaces are on convenience and the NHLPA has more to do with lack of faces. The player's have to stop by the EA office take a picture and then sign the releases. This is why all of the faces are not in yet.
However from what I have read the dekeing has become more skill based this year, which is great news. From my interpretation a player like Raffi Torres will only be able to pull forehand and other basic dekes,while Datsyuk is still Datsyuk. What I can't figure out is whether or not everyone can attempt all dekes and just won't finish. Or are they locked until the skill points reach certain levels. But anyway dekeing is different this year so that is good. But one touch deking still worries me a little.
the players have to sign releases even though ea has the NHLPA rights? thats news to me.

regardless, NO EXCUSE on why they are behind on player faces, zero excuses!

EA offices in Vancouver, right? these guys over past 5 to 6 years couldnt have set up shop at the Canucks area? to get all the teams that come to play them. hell, you dont even need to do that. mod's that make facepacks for nhl 2004 pc use player faces from nhl.com. EA cant do the same? if Larry the modder guy can do it over a course of 2 weeks in his free time, those guys could do it as well. again, back to ZERO EXCUSES.

the dekes, shouldn't be able to be attempted by bums, compared to superstars in game. i know those bums so to speak can do most of those in practice etc, but we NEVER see them even attempt to do them when getting just 4 to 8 minutes of ice time. i want the game to play like we see on TV and live in person. i want the game to play the way they promote it, "the most realistic hockey game"..

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.. LOL. this game has so much potential.
http://www.youtube.com/@Fiddy14

Favorite Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
New York Mets
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Browns
Notre Dame Fightin Irish
Liverpool FC
Old 06-20-2013, 03:56 PM   #44
Banned

OVR: 25
Literally looks like the exact same game.

I'm good til next gen offers up something.

NHL 11,12,13 were all barely average titles. GM needs a major overhaul. Currently that's the worst mode across all 4 major sports. FIFA career needs an extreme jolt as well.
Old 06-24-2013, 08:20 PM   #45
Rookie

SVCbearcat10's Arena

OVR: 0
Looks like I'll be skipping this and waiting for it on next gen. While I believe the changes they have made this year will be meaningful, this short clip shows that the fundamentals of the game will be the same. Don't get me wrong, NHL is a great series. That being said, EA has reached its limits in terms on graphics and more importantly, AI for this generation. The AI is what I'm looking most forward next gen, sports games should have a lot better feel to them!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-25-2013, 12:25 AM   #46
MVP

actionhank's Arena

OVR: 4

I think i'll wait til release day and see what happens.
It's been something i snatched up on release day the past two years, and every time i just felt a bit disappointed.
I don't want to hate on a game that's likely not past "alpha" in development, but i too, am not seeing a lot of change.
Sure, the new checking looks good in videos (if not a bit overdone, nothing a slider set can't (hopefully) change).
But other than that, it looks like the same frustrating things are still there, and without any new things that would really make a difference to me.
Not to mention i still haven't heard of anything new for Be a GM

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »