Home

AlTito's NHL 18 Sliders

This is a discussion on AlTito's NHL 18 Sliders within the EA Sports NHL Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-04-2017, 06:40 PM   #73
MVP

Al_Tito13's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: AlTito's NHL 18 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by brudy99
Hi Al and thanks about your work,do you think is better ( the game is like real game ) play at pro with your setting or play all star and downgrade the aggressive slider near 40 ? Thank u
It's a bit hard for me to answer because I don't know exactly how much you are dominating on Pro and I also didn't ever try Agression lower than 50. One thing you may try is playing on Pro and increasing the CPU difficulty adjustment by a few clicks. Or then, try All-Star and adjust things as you wish, until you get a fun and competitive challenge from the CPU.
Old 10-05-2017, 12:27 AM   #74
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al_Tito13
It's a bit hard for me to answer because I don't know exactly how much you are dominating on Pro and I also didn't ever try Agression lower than 50. One thing you may try is playing on Pro and increasing the CPU difficulty adjustment by a few clicks. Or then, try All-Star and adjust things as you wish, until you get a fun and competitive challenge from the CPU.

Thank you

Inviato dal mio iPad utilizzando Tapatalk
Old 10-05-2017, 10:35 AM   #75
MVP

Al_Tito13's Arena

I made a few changes this morning. Among others, Game Speed is back to default 3 from 2. It may actually come back to 2 sooner than later, but after watching the Oilers game last night and seeing Connor McDavid skating, I didn't have other choice but to increase the Game Speed today lol. Is he fast or what? He plays in such a fast pace, unbelievable!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2017, 12:21 AM   #76
MVP

Al_Tito13's Arena

After today's updates, I think I can say that I'm coming real close to my final sliders set. What I call final set will not be really final though, but they are the sliders I will run with for the majority of the year like I do every year, while only making small adjustments along the way.

There are still a few sliders I'm on the fence with:
- General - Game Speed: between 3 and 2
- Skating - Skating Agility: between 45 and 50
- Passing - Human Pass Reception Ease: between 15 and 10
- Puck Control - Deking Impact: between 55 and 50
- Puck Control - Skating Impact: between 40 and 45
- Checking - Agression: between 50 and 55
- Checking - Incidental Contact Effect: between 60 and 50

I really thought I would not mess with sliders much this year, after trying almost all sliders last year, but since the game plays a bit differently from last year, especially the CPU, I still had to adjust and test things again. I really hope to get everything set up in the next few weeks. After that, I will probably make a couple of tweaks each month, but not more than that.

Last edited by Al_Tito13; 10-08-2017 at 04:41 PM.
Old 10-06-2017, 11:19 PM   #77
Pro

Lordofthething's Arena

OVR: 9
Smile Re: AlTito's NHL 18 Sliders

Quote:
I made a few changes this morning. Among others, Game Speed is back to default 3 from 2. It may actually come back to 2 sooner than later, but after watching the Oilers game last night and seeing Connor McDavid skating, I didn't have other choice but to increase the Game Speed today lol. Is he fast or what? He plays in such a fast pace, unbelievable!
You'll have to set speed to 6 if you're using McDavid as the standard
Old 10-07-2017, 11:45 AM   #78
Rookie

robinson's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
After today's updates, I think I can say that I'm coming real close to my final sliders set. What I call final set will not be really final though, but they are the sliders I will run with for the majority of the year like I do every year, while only making small adjustments along the way.

There are still a few sliders I'm on the fence with:
- General - Game Speed: between 3 and 2
- Skating - Skating Agility: between 45 and 50
- Passing - Human Pass Reception Ease: between 15 and 10
- Puck Control - Deking Impact: between 55 and 50
- Puck Control - Skating Impact: between 40 and 45
- Checking - Incidental Contact Effect: between 60 and 50

I really thought I would not mess with sliders much this year, after trying almost all sliders last year, but since the game plays a bit differently from last year, especially the CPU, I still had to adjust and test things again. I really hope to get everything set up in the next few weeks. After that, I will probably make a couple of tweaks each month, but not more than that.

These are nice sliders to finetune with. Based on play, not stats, I like going with which ever setting makes it feel like your on ice more and keep the overall speed in the sweet spot.

I like game speed 2 better to be able to have these other ones more ice like. Otherwise at 3, which is good, you end up having sliders like these other ones make gameplay feel thick/heavy fatsos on ice.

We are sampling yours and Lowes sliders, so far yours feel more on ice. Prob puck control at 0 is biggest reason. (though its sliders like these other ones that make, in a smaller scale, more ice/more heavy)

Using post whistle rules on
relaxed-more loose/on ice feel (could be better gamespeed 2)
authentic-not as fast (could be better for gamespeed 3)

Last edited by robinson; 10-07-2017 at 11:52 AM.
Old 10-09-2017, 03:04 PM   #79
Banned

TheBuddyHobbs's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Did you try playing on All-Star difficulty? Because from what I see in your stats, even if you lost the game, you seemed to dominate quite a bit on Pro. It's still only a one game sample, but you had double amount of shots, hits, time on attack and faceoffs.
I get demolished on All-Star 😢 if I post about 5 games with pro would you please help make minor adjustments? I understand if you don't. Just a few tweaks you think I need for your set on pro. It's fine if you can't. It's not fair to have you help me tweak just for me.

Sent from my SM-J700P using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 10-09-2017, 08:22 PM   #80
MVP

Al_Tito13's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBuddyHobbs
I get demolished on All-Star 😢 if I post about 5 games with pro would you please help make minor adjustments? I understand if you don't. Just a few tweaks you think I need for your set on pro. It's fine if you can't. It's not fair to have you help me tweak just for me.
Yes, no problem, if you post stats on Pro for a few games, I could give you some advices about what to change to possibly improve your experience. However, like I always say, it's important that you adjust things to your own liking and playing style.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Sliders »