Home

AlTito's NHL 19 Sliders

This is a discussion on AlTito's NHL 19 Sliders within the EA Sports NHL Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-17-2019, 09:19 PM   #137
Pro

WeAreAllKings's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: AlTito's NHL 19 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by iuhyeah
Any suggestions for increasing the computers ability to take shots? The computer passes up shot after shot. Often times the computer doesn't get past 6 or 7 shots in a period. I keep increasing their shot accuracy but if they aren't gonna take a shot that doesn't seem to matter. I'm playing on all star with Al Tito sliders. Thanks!
I've read in other parts of this forum that increasing the pass accuracy slider for the CPU seems to assist them with generating more shots on goal. Call it crazy, but it seems to work. As long as you can ignore the CPU's higher passing percentage, try this out and see if it works for you. Keep your pass accuracy at 50 or a little higher. Just play around with the slider and adjust as needed. Hope this helps.
Old 01-18-2019, 08:11 AM   #138
Rookie

Thanks, I'll give that a shot. The computer is already passing between 70-78% in a game so not sure how much higher it can go, but I'll certainly try. Thanks for the suggestion!
Old 01-18-2019, 08:42 AM   #139
Pro

WeAreAllKings's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by iuhyeah
Thanks, I'll give that a shot. The computer is already passing between 70-78% in a game so not sure how much higher it can go, but I'll certainly try. Thanks for the suggestion!

It can go higher, trust me. I’ve seen pass percentages for the CPU in the high 80s low to the mid 90s. But it’s a small sacrifice if you want the CPU to generate more shots on goal.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 01-19-2019, 01:12 AM   #140
Just started!

falconpark's Arena

Al! What's up man? Love your sliders and have been a religious follower since 2016 (fairly new to hockey...but when the fever hit me, it hit HARD). Kinda on the fence about the 18-Jan penalty slider updates though. I feel like they generate too many 5v3's, and even if I am disciplined in my stick-lift/stick-check approach the CPU guys (my own and the opposing side) go off the charts and create tons of calls.
Old 01-19-2019, 10:10 AM   #141
Rookie

AustonPowers34's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by falconpark
Al! What's up man? Love your sliders and have been a religious follower since 2016 (fairly new to hockey...but when the fever hit me, it hit HARD). Kinda on the fence about the 18-Jan penalty slider updates though. I feel like they generate too many 5v3's, and even if I am disciplined in my stick-lift/stick-check approach the CPU guys (my own and the opposing side) go off the charts and create tons of calls.
I agree. I just played a game where my opponent took 22(!!!) penalties while my team took 6. I won 9-3 and shot attempts were 62-19.

I know when it comes to sliders we need to give it some time to settle/break in but I'm playing franchise mode and I dont know if I want to wait around, have more 30-penalty games and skew my results. I'll switch back to previous settings and see how the new set is playing for others!

Last edited by AustonPowers34; 01-19-2019 at 10:15 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-19-2019, 01:00 PM   #142
MVP

Al_Tito13's Arena

OVR: 13

Are you guys playing with tuner 1.01? I have not seen that kind of games where penalties are out of whack. In fact, in the last update to the sliders, I actually lowered tripping and slashing penalties, so I don't understand how it could possibly make the CPU taking more slashing penalties, but you never know.
Old 01-19-2019, 06:58 PM   #143
Rookie

AustonPowers34's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al_Tito13
Are you guys playing with tuner 1.01? I have not seen that kind of games where penalties are out of whack. In fact, in the last update to the sliders, I actually lowered tripping and slashing penalties, so I don't understand how it could possibly make the CPU taking more slashing penalties, but you never know.
I'll check again, but yeah I'm pretty sure I'm on version 1.01. It's also possible that the game was supposed to happen that way, like my opponent would commit that many penalties regardless of my settings.

It's also possible that I bumped up elbowing, slashing, and tripping instead of lowering. Maybe I have them at a different value so I should double check that...

One thing I should mention is that I do play with 20 puck control over 0. Easier to outskate with puck = more aggressive opponent?

Anyways, I'll recheck everything and make sure I don't have anything different other than my own intentional changes. Thanks for the reply!
Old 01-19-2019, 08:12 PM   #144
Pro

Josam27o7's Arena

OVR: 3

Al, will you use the beta tuner?

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Sliders »