Home

Cycloniac's TrueSim NHL 20 Sliders

This is a discussion on Cycloniac's TrueSim NHL 20 Sliders within the EA Sports NHL Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-03-2019, 05:03 PM   #129
TrueSim Projects-Creator

Cycloniac's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Cycloniac's TrueSim NHL 20 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger29
Based on experience, what is the difference of pro thru superstar when doing coach mode? Does CPU play better on either? Also, does AI learning setting mean anything when simming and coaches mode?
The higher the difficulty level, the more aggressive the AI defensively. The AI also likes to cycle more on the higher difficulty levels, sometimes to a fault.

AI learning has an impact whether you are playing or not. It, along with difficulty adjustment, is a slider that leads to boosting and unbalanced gameplay. They are the infamous ice tilt sliders. Avoid them.

Old 12-03-2019, 07:33 PM   #130
Rookie

OVR: 0

Yeah I can tell that AI difficulty and learning makes them super AI.

The AI cycles way too much for my liking. Very rare to see snap shots from the point. They just hold or throw passes to highly covered players.

Frustrating to watch.
Old 12-04-2019, 11:31 AM   #131
Rookie

I've played 2 rounds of the playoffs and I'm loving these sliders. I turn up the CPU goalie reaction time to 45 and one timer reaction as well due to me scoring too many goals.

The variety of kinds of goals is sick! Love the feel, and the pace. Feels like a good game of hockey each time I turn the xbox on.

Thanks Cycloniac!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-04-2019, 06:02 PM   #132
Rookie

Does aim assist in shooting make it easier or harder for a human player to score goals?
Old 12-04-2019, 06:53 PM   #133
TrueSim Projects-Creator

Cycloniac's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger29
Does aim assist in shooting make it easier or harder for a human player to score goals?
Assist is easier than manual

Old 12-04-2019, 08:17 PM   #134
Rookie

That's what I thought. I was hoping it would decrease my chances of scoring. I don't snipe a ton, but rebounds, tips and one timers I'm scoring a lot.

I'm thinking I may have to move up to Superstar for the Stanley Cup round due to going 12-1 on these sliders so far in the playoffs.

I'm averaging 5-8 goals a game with getting 30 plus shots and they get about 25 shots scoring 2-3 goals.

These sliders are awesome CPU vs CPU!!!!

But...

Playing the game I don't feel threatened by AI to score, and I have to at times not shoot or pass on shots that may go in or I'm blowing them out!

I may do a play now and try to increase CPU goalie cross crease reaction to 100, save reaction to 75, and decreased HUM shot accuracy down to 20.

Any ideas?

Last edited by Badger29; 12-04-2019 at 09:55 PM.
Old 12-04-2019, 11:03 PM   #135
TrueSim Projects-Creator

Cycloniac's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopThrillAnthony
I'll tell ya, it is VERY...VERY difficult. I try sometimes. But if you do find a way to do it, you own the hockey world.
I'm getting close. I have line changes pretty spot on (50-60 seconds early in the periods, 30-45 seconds later in the periods). Since there are 20 real minutes, there are so many more matchup possibilities when it comes to lines. I feel it more when I have a tired line in my zone who got stuck on the ice too long. I have to really choose carefully which line I put out for the faceoffs. PP and PK are also more challenging because of the real 2 minutes, and the fatigue factor.

I'm getting closer to where I want to be with shots (around 15 per team per period right now). Powerplays are good, about 1 per team per period with occasional outliers. About 20 or so faceoffs per period. 5-10 hits per team each period. Pace is perfect. Just need to fine-tune and test more.

20 minute periods really allow me to open up the game and build off the set I have. Right now, the puck is as loose as I want and I'm loving the variation I am getting in physical play. I'm getting excited.

Last edited by Cycloniac; 12-04-2019 at 11:06 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-04-2019, 11:07 PM   #136
Rookie

Same sliders but increased difficulty to Superstar results in Stanley Cup game one CPU vs HUM.

1st period:
CPU jumps up 2-0!!!! HUM scores one making it 2-1
Shots: 10-7 CPU
TOA: Dead even.
Killing me in faceoffs 7-3
1 penalty each

2nd period:
HUM score 2 to go up 3-2
Shots now: 18-12 HUM
TOA: HUM up by 2 mins now
2 penalties by CPU, 1 by HUM

3rd period:
HUM nets one, final 4-2
Shot totals: 31-18 HUM
TOA: HUM by 3:30 mins
Passing: mid 70s each
Faceoffs: dead even
Penalties: 2 CPU, 3 HUM

*Game feels much faster for some reason and they are way more aggressive defensively and shoot more*

Overall very solid game, I didn't feel like I dominated. Aggresion was quite high but was good and nothing crazy. Both teams had a one timer and a rebound goal. I got one tip and a breakaway goal as the daggers.

Going to keep it for game 2.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Sliders »