Home

AlTito's NHL 22 Sliders

This is a discussion on AlTito's NHL 22 Sliders within the EA Sports NHL Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-26-2021, 12:31 PM   #81
MVP

northmen24's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: AlTito's NHL 22 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al_Tito13
That has nothing to do with feelings, these are only facts. If you don't believe me, go to EA's forums, they just confirmed it: 1.00 and Latest is the exact same tuner.

EA_Blueberry
COMMUNITY MANAGER

Hey, everyone.

I think this is a classic case of confirmation bias on the tuner theory. We checked into this for you and the team confirmed with us there wasn't any tuner updates. If there was, you'd see multiple tuners in game but right now there is only one. Every time there is a new update it will prompt to check the tuner download, that doesn't mean a new one was released. I think that is where the confusion is sparking from.
Well they sure don’t play the same.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-26-2021, 12:38 PM   #82
MVP

northmen24's Arena

OVR: 1

Can you put up the link?
Old 10-26-2021, 01:07 PM   #83
MVP

Al_Tito13's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by northmen24
Can you put up the link?
https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Di...ght/true#M2496
Old 10-26-2021, 05:14 PM   #84
MVP

OVR: 24

I'm about 15 games into my franchise, really enjoying how these play. I had to make some adjustments though:

- Penalties, especially AI penalties, were way too often. Interference is the main culprit - they call it literally anytime a player touches another one. Lowered that across the board. I was getting 6-7 penalties per team per game. Now it's more in line with 2-3 per team per game.

- Upped CPU aggression and difficulty adjustment. Was getting too lopsided shot totals, which led me to...

- Lower CPU shot accuracy and up HUM goaltender sliders. My goalies were giving up 4-6 goals on 15 shots a game, it was infuriating. I gave up some good chances but any shot was 50/50 to go in, way too common.

- Lower HUM shot accuracy, lower CPU goaltender sliders. I was having an impossible time scoring goals. I'd get 1 or maybe 2 cross-crease plays to score a game but it was so hard to score at all. Tristan Jarry was dropping a 45 save shutout on me when I had 10-11 amazing chances. First game with these I won in OT 4-3 with 4 really awesome goals (great passing play, streaking d-man got his own rebound, ovechkin one-timer - one of the best, most realistic goals i've ever score in an EA NHL game too - and a snipe from kuz).

These were all pretty minor adjustments. I'm getting great shot totals for both teams and great goal totals and variety. Last game I was up 21-13 in shots but only up 2-1 and gave up 10 of the next 12 shots on goal and ended the game 28-27 in shots after OT.

On PS5 this is the best EA NHL game they've made easily. With these sliders the game feels awesome. Sure there's legacy issues but overall it plays phenomenal. I dump and chase, I get pinned in my own zone, etc. Good players make a huge difference. I had to bench a winger because he just wasn't getting any production and put a rookie in and since he's faster and better at scoring it was like night and day. I wish the presentation wasn't so terrible and they added the ability to put photos in your franchise hub (like Madden) but maybe NHL23 gets those features.

Last edited by tyler289; 10-26-2021 at 05:16 PM.
Old 10-30-2021, 10:38 AM   #85
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al_Tito13
And then, I downloaded the patch and tuner that became available on Xbox this afternoon. We don't have any notes on gameplay, but I will have a hard time to believe it wasn't changed. A lot of things feel different and not really for the best. This is really unfortunate. I don't want to start messing with sliders again, but I think I won't have the choice. It probably won't be before the weekend though, since I won't have a lot of time for that this week. That being said, it makes me a bit mad to start testing again when everything was pretty much set.
Oh yeah, unfortunately... I actually managed to still keep testing your sliders every week or so with the trial version that has eventually run out for me today. With your sliders, before this gameplay update, I played fun competitive realistic games, mostly close ones, on All Star. Now after the update, still using your most recent sliders, I just got destroyed 2-5 and 2-6 - first one was a game that should have been close, but you know, ridiculous goals given up by Gibson, and Grubauer in the second game, and AI just basically scoring at will when they "turn it on". You may say 2 games is a small sample size but umm I have seen 5 out of those 11 goals were just ridiculous and in the past few games none such goal went in.
Just feels like this gameplay update has upped the AI "BS factor" when they're not at all harder to play against all over the ice, just score at will when they need to and your goalie has a dumdum brain.
I fairly enjoy visual improvement, gameplay and physics tweaks, but ever since the release of the trial version, I was skeptical about buying this one. Since the gameplay update (yeah, I know more will come, but why oh why does it always feel like the original, although tweaked, is always the best one, for the 3rd straight year at least) looks s*** to me - that's a no for the final verdict. Maybe 23 or 24 will get my money. And like someone said above, only if the presentation, menus, and franchise mode get some even slightly more significant updates. And btw have you folks also had enough of Cybulski? Jeez...

Last edited by tomsplguy; 10-30-2021 at 10:41 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-30-2021, 10:45 AM   #86
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by northmen24
As much as this might hurt your feelings. You’re wrong. 1.00 is the original release and every new tuner released overwrites latest. It’s pretty self explanatory.
I think the confusion sets in with tuner “latest” all this means if you choose it is that your game will automatically use whatever the most recent tuner set is.

Then the other option(s) are to pick from tuners sets that have been released and your game will remain on that set and not change.

So, right now we only have one tuner set ver 1.0 so if you choose latest, once we have a new tuner released you will be using the new one automatically (this is mandatory setting for online so everyone uses same tuner).
If you set your tuner choice to ver 1.0 , your offline game modes will stay there, even if there is a tuner lets call it ver 1.2 you will still be using ver 1.0. So you get keep the kind of game you want or set for the edits you have made. If you wanted to use the other tuner you go select the version you like if we have multiple.

Hope that helps a bit

Last edited by drog1602; 10-30-2021 at 10:47 AM.
Old 10-30-2021, 11:29 AM   #87
MVP

Al_Tito13's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsplguy
Oh yeah, unfortunately... I actually managed to still keep testing your sliders every week or so with the trial version that has eventually run out for me today. With your sliders, before this gameplay update, I played fun competitive realistic games, mostly close ones, on All Star. Now after the update, still using your most recent sliders, I just got destroyed 2-5 and 2-6 - first one was a game that should have been close, but you know, ridiculous goals given up by Gibson, and Grubauer in the second game, and AI just basically scoring at will when they "turn it on". You may say 2 games is a small sample size but umm I have seen 5 out of those 11 goals were just ridiculous and in the past few games none such goal went in.
Just feels like this gameplay update has upped the AI "BS factor" when they're not at all harder to play against all over the ice, just score at will when they need to and your goalie has a dumdum brain.
I fairly enjoy visual improvement, gameplay and physics tweaks, but ever since the release of the trial version, I was skeptical about buying this one. Since the gameplay update (yeah, I know more will come, but why oh why does it always feel like the original, although tweaked, is always the best one, for the 3rd straight year at least) looks s*** to me - that's a no for the final verdict. Maybe 23 or 24 will get my money. And like someone said above, only if the presentation, menus, and franchise mode get some even slightly more significant updates. And btw have you folks also had enough of Cybulski? Jeez...
EA is saying that the patch didn't change gameplay at all. I'm not totally sold on that, but after playing more games, at least things don't feel as different as I first thought. One thing I'm trying right now is increasing Fatigue Effect by 5 OR lowering Fatigue Recovery by 5. It slows down the pace a bit and seems to make CPU players acting more "humanly". I will see how things evolve on that front in the next few days. Lowering shot accuracy is also something I'm seriously looking at.

Last edited by Al_Tito13; 10-30-2021 at 06:48 PM.
Old 10-31-2021, 12:08 PM   #88
MVP

Al_Tito13's Arena

I finally settled with lowered shot accuracy and lowered fatigue recovery yesterday. So far so good. I'm looking at possibly increasing fatigue effect too, but still not sure about it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Sliders »