Home

AlTito's NHL 22 Sliders

This is a discussion on AlTito's NHL 22 Sliders within the EA Sports NHL Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-16-2021, 02:40 PM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: AlTito's NHL 22 Sliders

Hi Al! Just wanted to stop by and give you some thanks and give you some support! Im really digging your slider settings this year. Been very fun and realistic. Loving the action out on the ice while im streaming for my community! Keep up the hard work brother and thank you again!
Old 10-16-2021, 07:18 PM   #50
Pro

Lordofthething's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al_Tito13
Am I the only one that it botters? Other than that, everything is fine lol.
I haven't noticed that but what does bother me is when the female announcer pipes in and talks about the zone factors...just talk about their skills like you would on a tv broadcast. Calling them zone factors takes away from the immersion for me... couldn't see an option to turning her off other than turning the broadcast presentation off
Old 10-16-2021, 07:25 PM   #51
Pro

Lordofthething's Arena

OVR: 9

And as much as liked the idea of the x factors going in (I don't mind them in madden) I am a bit disappointed. Draisaitl's passing ability means nothing when the CPU is passing the puck around like nobody's business.

I've attempted a few passes with him where I was like, "okay, if that would have worked his passing would feel special"
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2021, 02:36 AM   #52
Rookie

Thanks mate, your sliders are awesome this year, I think even more so than in previous years, at least I think so - I only left the game speed at 2 since I play 10 minutes. Your observation on the passing is accurate. Each pass that is simply well, accurate, no matter if bobbled or picked up cleanly, gets counted as a make. I've got no beef with that, like you said, the play by play gameplay feels good so that is just a number.
One real issue I can see at this point is, as mentioned above, CPU penalties. At All star, AI adjustment set to 0, and penalty sliders even set as above on your list, AI I think got like 4 penalties in total in 3 games. I have a feeling it's a gameplay code issue, but perhaps only on all star? They weren't exactly racking up penalties in games that I played on Pro, but there were at least consistent with at least 3 oer game.
If it does turn out to be impossible to control with sliders, I hope EA works on this even a little in the upcoming gameplay updates.
Also, a Q to wrap things up: does the 4-point slider for penalties affect, or should affect the gameplay in any way? I always thought this one is just for simmed games.
Come to think of it, what about, in offline modes, the combination of setting scoring to medium, but shots to high? Does that create a little more scoring on more shots in simmed games, or does thst make shot numbers go crazy?
Old 10-17-2021, 08:37 AM   #53
MVP

Al_Tito13's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsplguy
Thanks mate, your sliders are awesome this year, I think even more so than in previous years, at least I think so - I only left the game speed at 2 since I play 10 minutes. Your observation on the passing is accurate. Each pass that is simply well, accurate, no matter if bobbled or picked up cleanly, gets counted as a make. I've got no beef with that, like you said, the play by play gameplay feels good so that is just a number.
One real issue I can see at this point is, as mentioned above, CPU penalties. At All star, AI adjustment set to 0, and penalty sliders even set as above on your list, AI I think got like 4 penalties in total in 3 games. I have a feeling it's a gameplay code issue, but perhaps only on all star? They weren't exactly racking up penalties in games that I played on Pro, but there were at least consistent with at least 3 oer game.
If it does turn out to be impossible to control with sliders, I hope EA works on this even a little in the upcoming gameplay updates.
Also, a Q to wrap things up: does the 4-point slider for penalties affect, or should affect the gameplay in any way? I always thought this one is just for simmed games.
Come to think of it, what about, in offline modes, the combination of setting scoring to medium, but shots to high? Does that create a little more scoring on more shots in simmed games, or does thst make shot numbers go crazy?
Good to know that you like the sliders! I love the gameplay too this year so far with the sliders, it feels quite realistic.

As for penalties, I played so many games on play now to set the sliders up and test them, and with the current sliders, I was getting at least 3 or 4 penalties from the CPU every game. Yesterday, I finally started a franchise and played 2 games. The CPU took only 3 penalties (interference, holding and delay of game) in the 2 games combined. I don't know if it's only a coincidence or if they really take less penalties in franchise compared to play now? Will have to play more to be sure.

Finally, the 4-click penalty slider also affects actual gameplay. For the scoring and shots in simmed games, I used to set both at low in years past. This year, I let it to medium so far, will see how it goes after a few games and if I need to put it on low also this year.
Old 10-17-2021, 10:49 AM   #54
Rookie

… they really take less penalties in franchise compared to play now?…

It’s a different, the hole game plays differently.
As always, play now is way dif. as Franchise….
So for years now, pls Test any slider on the Mode you are playing….at least 3-5 Games….

But as always, great Slider set!
Old 10-17-2021, 10:55 AM   #55
MVP

Al_Tito13's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by GetThePuckOut
… they really take less penalties in franchise compared to play now?…

It’s a different, the hole game plays differently.
As always, play now is way dif. as Franchise….
So for years now, pls Test any slider on the Mode you are playing….at least 3-5 Games….

But as always, great Slider set!
To be honest, I've made slider sets for 10+ years now and never really saw a huge difference between play now and franchise mode in terms of gameplay. Maybe a slight difference, but nothing out of whack. The sliders normally transfer quite well from play now to franchise mode without any change at all.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2021, 12:59 PM   #56
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al_Tito13
To be honest, I've made slider sets for 10+ years now and never really saw a huge difference between play now and franchise mode in terms of gameplay. Maybe a slight difference, but nothing out of whack. The sliders normally transfer quite well from play now to franchise mode without any change at all.
To be honest.
I didn't mean to question your ability to create good settings.
I've been doing this for many years too (since NHL 2004) and there is/was always a difference between the different game modes/settings.

One of the reason a game may seem to play differently in its play now state than in franchise is because of things like morale and "scenarios" at work in franchise which are missing from play now.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Sliders »