Home

AlTito's NHL 22 Sliders

This is a discussion on AlTito's NHL 22 Sliders within the EA Sports NHL Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-10-2021, 04:53 PM   #9
MVP

northmen24's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: AlTito's NHL 22 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al_Tito13
I made other changes today, mostly to passing, checking and penalties sections. Passing and penalties are my focus right now. I'm still not fully satisfied with passing and I do a lot of testing.

However, I think that I found the reason why passing % is so high this year. It looks like they changed the way it's calculated. In years past, I'm pretty sure they were only counting clean passes as completed ones. This year, even bobbled passes are counting as completed, you have to entirely miss the player to get an incomplete pass.

I made a test where I put all CPU's passing sliders over the top, just to see what would happen. CPU's players were bobbling passes or getting pucks in their skates all over the ice and weren't able to complete a clean pass. After a few minutes, I paused the game and CPU's pass % was in the high 90s (I think 97 or something like that).

So, with the way passing % seems to be calculated this year and the fact that CPU players are still pretty accurate even with CPU's passing accuracy at 0, it sounds like it will be hard to make the pass % to come down. I saw times where, after a few minutes, the CPU were in the low 70s, but they always seem to finish the game in the 80s nevertheless. Passing % is only a number though, so if gameplay on the ice feels right, it's all good I guess.
I have had issues with high percentages too. Might just have to be a stat we ignore going forward if the game plays good.
Old 10-11-2021, 03:27 AM   #10
MVP

phillyfan23's Arena

OVR: 16
AlTito's NHL 22 Sliders

Quote:

One thing I still have trouble with is passing %. I was always able to have it between 70 and 79 for both teams, but this year, it's pretty hard to get. The CPU is still really accurate with its passes (in the high 80s or low 90s), even with pass accuracy at 0. We can easily make the passes to bobble more, but I don't want it to be too much either, especially since the passing % stays pretty high. It's definitely one area I still have work to do, trying to find the sweet spot.

This is my biggest issue of NHL 22. The cpu pass percentages are uncontrollable. Ive zeroed cpu passing slider and even went as far as editing passing ratings for a test team ( minus 30 all around) and the passing is STILL pinpoint by the cpu.

This was not an issue in NHL 20 where like you said, cpu pass percentages averaged in low 70s. The passing was done great, bad passers will miss their mark quite often. Issue started last year in NHL 21.

Another issue is the lack of cpu defenseman shots and general involvement in offense. Again another issue that crept in in 21 and was not there in 20.

In nhl 20 the cpu dmen will join 2-1 3-2 oddman rushes, take slapshots, one timers and will score realistic amount of goals. Hell, I even saw a cpu dman hat trick once. In 22, i edit cpu dmen strategies to shoot and still no bueno and they over-pass and over-cycle a bit too much.

Three main things I check when playing nhl :
1) goal variety and cpu off ai
2) cpu dmen offense ai
3) pass accuracy

Nhl 22 fails in 2 out of 3. If you could somehow fix this, it would change the game, but I believe that it's hard coded in this year. Just like it was in some years before NHL 20. I think 18/19.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 10-11-2021, 12:07 PM   #11
Pro

Lordofthething's Arena

OVR: 9

Well my 10 hours is up and all can say, and I hope to say this every year, this is the best NHL game ever.

If they patch the cpu passing it will be a bonus. I've seen a good variety of goals...I've had deflections, one-timers (not as many as last year as the D really cut off the passing lanes), shots from the point, snap shots from the shot.

I might tone down hitting power though, Barrie has flattened a few players like he's Chara, but maybe he was hitting smaller players.

Good job Altito!!! Appreciate the work you put in and it's just a bonus you post these right away and let is be a part of the process.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-11-2021, 12:42 PM   #12
MVP

northmen24's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lordofthething
Well my 10 hours is up and all can say, and I hope to say this every year, this is the best NHL game ever.

If they patch the cpu passing it will be a bonus. I've seen a good variety of goals...I've had deflections, one-timers (not as many as last year as the D really cut off the passing lanes), shots from the point, snap shots from the shot.

I might tone down hitting power though, Barrie has flattened a few players like he's Chara, but maybe he was hitting smaller players.

Good job Altito!!! Appreciate the work you put in and it's just a bonus you post these right away and let is be a part of the process.
Completely agree. But I use my sliders. Managed to get cpu passing down below 85% for the most part.
Old 10-11-2021, 01:56 PM   #13
MVP

Al_Tito13's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by northmen24
Completely agree. But I use my sliders. Managed to get cpu passing down below 85% for the most part.
I have passing in the mid 80s too, but it's nowhere near I want it to be. I'm usually able to get it in the mid 70s quite easily, which is my target. This year is another story. Like I said before, since the way the stat is calculated seems to have changed, I moved on. I will live with passing % in the 80s for now.
Old 10-11-2021, 02:03 PM   #14
MVP

SuperGoalies's Arena

OVR: 0

did you try putting: Pass Accuracy: CPU: 65?
Old 10-11-2021, 02:20 PM   #15
MVP

Al_Tito13's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperGoalies
did you try putting: Pass Accuracy: CPU: 65?
Why increasing CPU Pass Acuracy to 65 would help reducing its passing %? Sorry, but it makes zero sense to me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-11-2021, 02:31 PM   #16
MVP

SuperGoalies's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Why increasing CPU Pass Acuracy to 65 would help reducing its passing %? Sorry, but it makes zero sense to me.
years ago, on this very forum, someone discovered 65, made pass percentages go from 65-75 percentages, it was weird though, then someone else mentioned 75 also does some more realistic stuff too, arcade setting, developers put there's at 76, weird eh, whoever that guy was, someone later claimed he was an EA Sports developer in disguise.

so... I tested it, it was producing the same results, I couldn't believe my eyes.
setting at 65 for CPU pass accuracy.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Sliders »