Home

NHL 15 Post-Launch Content Update

This is a discussion on NHL 15 Post-Launch Content Update within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-08-2014, 01:10 AM   #73
Rookie

OVR: 0
I think people had to be patient it was a new console and completely new for the developers and working with xbox1 vs xbox 360 is not the same but I have one idea is playing a season with all 30 teams cause I likec playing a season with ALL 30 teams as well are the arenas going to be fixed with the correct player benches and if banners are on wrong side fixed where they should go and have the linesman seperate the skaters and take them to box and as well players come out there respective sides for example the vistors come thru the zamboni entrance at Rexall Place and for next year should have maybe the sections in crowd like rexall they have the disability sections on the corners of the building in between the lower bowl and 2nd bowl so there's is people with wheelchairs and electric wheelchairs. I can be emailed anytime at nhlnut74@gmail come
Old 09-08-2014, 01:11 AM   #74
Just started!

Re: NHL 15 Post-Launch Content Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwill33
Rammer, with how much was not able to be included in this first iteration of the series on PS4 and Xbox One what is the rough timetable for the game to be "fully featured" as to what the customers of this series have come to expect from the last generation versions of the game?

With the team seemingly playing catchup now after this first release how long might it be before we see some of the legacy issues that have plagued this franchise addressed, if ever? I am of course speaking to the ways that the goalies have largely remained the same since NHL 07, as well as the ways to score goals in the game by both the users and CPU AI players. Not to mention the easy access into the zone on the attack that has become mundane and monotonous over the past half of a decade. Will these situations ever be addressed with how much work there is to do just to get the game up to par with what we had prior?

Furthermore, you have stated that there was only one year of development time to work on NHL 15. Can we, the consumers, inquire as to why that was the case? Was there no foresight allotted to your team in preparation for the upcoming next generation of consoles? Were you not given the development kits ahead of time? And why did you state last year at this time that moving forward without an next gen game on year one of the consoles allowed for your team to work on this sku for a longer period of time? Did the situation change or was it something else?

And finally, with the release of NHL 15 on both the Xbox 360 and PS3 seemingly being very similar to prior versions of the game, what exactly is the priority of the crew in Vancouver? Was the team simply overtaxed and underpowered, thus resulting in the shortcoming of time (as you seemingly indicate)? Or is something going on behind the scenes that we would just not be aware of? I understand that you cannot delve into the inner-workings of your job, but coming from our perspective you must sure see why we might have so many unanswered questions as to why things are now the way they are with our beloved franchise. And does any of the aforementioned points have any relation to the lack of communication from the EA development team to the consumers, or the lack of media and content that was certainly in contrast to prior releases of the game? If not, could you touch on the reasons as to why everything concerning the game has been so heavily shrouded and kept under wraps until so late into the development cycle?

Thank you for your time and openness in any response that you may offer.

-Patrick
On a serious note why are you not answering this guy? Seems like you only take softball questions and ignore anything with real substance. It's sad to see you dance through this kinda thing. You want people to believe you are working hard but then you only have a half of a game if that to show. You don't even try to make it better it seems. Just man up and get into the tough questions and get to work on making it right. You know that if you can't do what you're supposed to do what happens. The #FIRERAMMER is around for a reason, it's because you release half-assed games then hide. I'd bet you wouldn't respond to this either. Tip toe tip toe
Old 09-08-2014, 01:12 AM   #75
Rookie

In addition to the draft being added to be a GM mode, will our chosen team's AHL affiliate be made fully functional as in previous editions of the game?

Thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2014, 01:13 AM   #76
Banned

twelveone's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by 32
Sooooo what this tells me is yes, they're committed to bringing us a full featured game. It also tells me that they're releasing an unfinished product for $60.

In addition to what you mentioned, this tells me that they are desperately trying to save face less than 2 days before release and will say anything at this point. I appreciate the 15 minutes that was spent here, but still lots of legit questions without answers and side-stepping/cherry picking. I guess the side-stepping could really only tell me one thing. It's really hard for me to act like everything is cool now because the truth is, it's not. Lots of fractured customer relationships here and even more come tuesday to those who don't follow online gaming communities.

Last edited by twelveone; 09-08-2014 at 01:18 AM. Reason: typo
Old 09-08-2014, 01:13 AM   #77
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhlnut74
I think people had to be patient it was a new console and completely new for the developers and working with xbox1 vs xbox 360 is not the same but I have one idea is playing a season with all 30 teams cause I likec playing a season with ALL 30 teams as well are the arenas going to be fixed with the correct player benches and if banners are on wrong side fixed where they should go and have the linesman seperate the skaters and take them to box and as well players come out there respective sides for example the vistors come thru the zamboni entrance at Rexall Place and for next year should have maybe the sections in crowd like rexall they have the disability sections on the corners of the building in between the lower bowl and 2nd bowl so there's is people with wheelchairs and electric wheelchairs. I can be emailed anytime at nhlnut74@gmail come
[email protected]
Old 09-08-2014, 01:21 AM   #78
Just started!

He probably got sleepy after a long day of defending their shell of a game ... PS I canceled my pre-order today
Old 09-08-2014, 01:22 AM   #79
Pro

KomicJ's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 32
Sooooo what this tells me is yes, they're committed to bringing us a full featured game. It also tells me that they're releasing an unfinished product for $60.
The fact that 3-star selections is even considered as things we should get excited about just shows you how much this product should never hit the shelves.
Old 09-08-2014, 01:22 AM   #80
Rookie

OVR: 3

Is there any chance of the game being patched to 1080p native on either console?

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »