Home

NHL 15 Available Now for PS4 and Xbox One - Post Your Impressions Here

This is a discussion on NHL 15 Available Now for PS4 and Xbox One - Post Your Impressions Here within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-09-2014, 11:30 PM   #89
MVP

canucksss's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: NHL 15 Available Now for PS4 and Xbox One - Post Your Impressions Here

Finally my free game arrived (from my nephew who used to work with EA, his buddies there sent him a free copy in exchange to a game from the company he is now working with as game designer somewhere in Ca.). I only play BaGM and since in BAP you cant sim when you go to the bench which sucks big time. I didnt put other observations coz its already mentioned by other OS'rs.

BaGM - All-Star - Sim - 9 min/period (yea...like to put it in Hardcore but 1 year absence from EA NHL, plus my age, its hard to bring back the "skills" i have on my controller).

Adjust some sliders - max. penalty; max teammate penalty, Speed to +2, Fat. eff. +2, Fat rec. +3.

Played 2 regular games: vs Calgary and hosting Edmonton

Vs Calgary - 8-6 win by Calgary
Total shots - Van 30 - Cal 38
Total pen - Van 2 (hooking, slashing both by CPU teammates) - Cal 5 (tripping x2, slashing, interference, delay of game)

Vs Edmonton - 5-1 win by Edmonton
Total shots - Van 26 - Edmonton 42
Total Pen - Van 3 (tripping, interference, boarding *2 by me) - Edmonton 1 (tripping)

Positive:
- Layout of the screen - new and somehow i like it.....need to be used to it though
- Good riddance - improving your relationship with other GM
- Trading - comprehensive, you'll indicate how much salary you will pay in case you trade a player

Negative:
- No Create-A-Team - sucks big time for me. Since I like to move either CBJ, Coyotes to Seattle.
- Cant extend a contract of a player once you start your season
- UGLY goal celebration (scorer and 1 teammate celebrating and the rest are going back to the bench IS SO LAME!)
- Top Shelf easy to score
- Change of Lines - at times the players are not coming out of the ice even when tired.
- No player differentiation - I was not surprised..... Tom Sestito (Vancouver) can do lots of awesome dekes. And he scored 1 goal by outplaying and dekeing 2 players.....WOW he should be in Line 2 no?
- I did not notice Neutral Zone defense
- Part of the stick is missing especially if your near the board and skating with the puck
- In two games, both Doc and his partner wear same suits and tie - EA should have thought at least have them 3 different shirts and ties.
- Pregame introduction, very vague not team specific. I dont know as the BGM progress if that will change or not.
_*Addition - My Teammates, especially my D-pairings, are atrocious. I dont know is it because its the Canucks (lol) or poor CPU logic. I am controlling the D-man guarding the guy with a puck then it will be passed by to his teammates and score a 1-timer and my other d-man seems his mind is not in the game. No effort to block the pass. Other case, tried to be the d-man anticipating the pass all of a sudden the player carrying the puck will shoot top shelf...bingo!!! and my d-man did not do anything at all even a reaction of playing d.....very frustrating. I'll try to bump it to Hardcore but i dont know if that would solve this concern.

Personally, I will not buy this game at present price. Even for a brand new of $30.... gameplay is not enough for me. Its a complete package of gameplay AND features that are missing should be present out of the box. If EA will patch/tune, must be some tweaks that will add beauty to the game and not add what is supposed to be there.

I am very sure, EA and RAMMER were aware of these missing stuffs....if they were upfront like a month prior to the release....I'll be sympathetic for their cause. But not on this level.

I'll be selling this to Walmart this weekend. and if they asked me the receipt I will just say cant find it...hoping that they can give me $40 for it so I can divide it to my loving nephew.

Last edited by canucksss; 09-09-2014 at 11:49 PM.
Old 09-09-2014, 11:31 PM   #90
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
Not sure how the post you quoted is any less of an impression than the one he quoted.

If he feels it isn't amazing does he not have the right to voice that opinion much in the same sense than those that think it is great do?
No where did I say he didnt. I didnt say his opinion was wrong did I? I just dont like people coming on these sites giving there opinion of something and someone saying no your wrong. If he likes it fine. If you dont fine.
Go Vikes
Old 09-09-2014, 11:45 PM   #91
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeKing
Fellas, for those that want to tweak, the sliders are working. Haven't come across any that aren't.
Pass accuracy doesn't seem to do much at all. And it appears that manual passing is completely broken.

Streaming on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/gagnon39
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2014, 11:47 PM   #92
The Kaptain

gopher_guy's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnon39
Pass accuracy doesn't seem to do much at all. And it appears that manual passing is completely broken.
Yeah I don't feel like I'm controlling the speed or direction of my passes at all.

"The name on the front of the jersey is a hell of a lot more important than the one on the back."
-Herb Brooks
Old 09-09-2014, 11:51 PM   #93
MVP

canucksss's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopher_guy
Yeah I don't feel like I'm controlling the speed or direction of my passes at all.
i guess one of the sliders that does not work in this game. Same issue for me in NHL 13...amazing that its still here in NG NHL 15.
Old 09-09-2014, 11:59 PM   #94
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

Am I missing something here? I can't seem to find where we can edit jersey numbers and captancies in Be A GM. I thought I read where we could do that, despite not being able to fully edit players. Niklas Hjalmarsson is wearing a visor. Ugh.

Streaming on Twitch
Old 09-10-2014, 12:04 AM   #95
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnon39
Am I missing something here? I can't seem to find where we can edit jersey numbers and captancies in Be A GM. I thought I read where we could do that, despite not being able to fully edit players. Niklas Hjalmarsson is wearing a visor. Ugh.
Its under one of the options to edit your team. Believe its on the screen before the settings and save screen.

My only issue with gameplay in this is, once again your A.I doesn't go for the pucks specifically the ones in corners. Then when they do, the other team is already there to greet you.

Last edited by Elite49; 09-10-2014 at 12:07 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2014, 12:08 AM   #96
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elite49
Its under one of the options to edit your team. Believe its on the screen before the settings and save screen.
Hmm. I'm really not seeing it. It's probably right in front of me. I see manage roster but all I can do there is call-up/send down players and edit lines.

Streaming on Twitch

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »