Home

Shouldn't We be COMMENDING EAS NHL 15?

This is a discussion on Shouldn't We be COMMENDING EAS NHL 15? within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-24-2014, 12:50 PM   #57
MVP

actionhank's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Shouldn't We be COMMENDING EAS NHL 15?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tessl
Thanks for the reply. In previous years I got deep into MLB the Show and didn't spend much time on anything else. but I'm disappointed with changes to gameplay for the current ps4 version. I may give NHL a try but I'll wait until the October update before I purchase a copy.

For them to eliminate game modes they must have a relatively small dev staff who are overwhelmed by trying to get a game on the shelf for so many platforms.
You can always go to the RedBox website and see if there is a RedBox near you that's renting the game, and give it a shot for 2 dollars and some change per day. Might be better than buying a game you might be miserable with.
Old 09-24-2014, 01:02 PM   #58
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by @legendm0de
To get this out of the way, no I'm not overlooking:
  • ignoring sounds of the game & the possibility of custom music becoming available
  • the temporary removal of precious online game modes that at least 50% of community plays

What I am referring to are clearly marked strong improvements over the previous gen NHL that I'm seeing and feel that I could enjoy very much in the full version of this game. Those factors being:
  • the most authentic skating this franchise has ever seen to date by far
  • the only game with truly authentic puck physics created exciting gameplay at times
  • the undoubtedly top notch level of graphics, and commentary challenges the best of sport games in next gen
  • the best to date physical contact to date arguably even better than ufc
  • other small but notable key improvements, like jersey physics namely. just shows them going to that extra extra mile.

These improvements far outnumber the things most people are dissapointed about right now and are so quick to chastise and crucify this game. I don't understand people leaving reviews currently, if you bought the game you knew and very well should have known going in, features were missing. What actually is inside the game is my question and Based on the demo I am playing I see unprecedented potential unlocked by this franchise taking the steps to bring their hockey gameplay up to that next level.

One would think that eventually when they tie in all of the DLC or patches for this year and when they start to gear for the title next year this will become a mind blowing franchise, challenging the best in this sports gaming industry.

So my question is shouldn't we be commending? EAS for NHL 15 ignoring these extra game modes just to specifically stress maxing the actual root of their game, the actual hockey gameplay? The more of the demo I continue to play, and I've had it since day 1 I become increasingly satisfied that if I were to take the full game tweak the sliders for more realistic hitting this would be the nearest I've gotten to perfect gameplay in a sports game.

Am I delusional please be honest.

I completely agree with you. I feel this game is a great first step on the new platforms. next year we'll get allot of that stuff back but the gameplay in this edition is addicting and fun. I find myself playing UT and online vs most of the time and its more than enough to feed my addiction. I'm excited for the future of this franchise.
Old 09-24-2014, 03:22 PM   #59
Rookie

s_mkheidze's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moneyballzs
I completely agree with you. I feel this game is a great first step on the new platforms. next year we'll get allot of that stuff back but the gameplay in this edition is addicting and fun. I find myself playing UT and online vs most of the time and its more than enough to feed my addiction. I'm excited for the future of this franchise.
It all comes down to what modes you play. If you are as happy as a piggie in blanket playing online versus or play now, that this game is a godsend. If you enjoy anything else (be-a-pro, be-a-GM, etc...), then this game is a total letdown.
Old 09-24-2014, 04:53 PM   #60
MVP

THESHAMISASHAME's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moneyballzs
Yes its a incredible base for years to come if EA chooses to use it thats another question ?

I would also like to see all modes play like play now does in NHL 15 and I alls I really play is Playoff mode so I guess I lucked out even if Playoff mode is just a port from NHL 14 and doesnt have the great Physics like NHL 15 play now has .

So I do commend them for that ...
Old 09-24-2014, 07:55 PM   #61
Rookie

m_maclean24's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tessl
Thanks for the reply. In previous years I got deep into MLB the Show and didn't spend much time on anything else. but I'm disappointed with changes to gameplay for the current ps4 version. I may give NHL a try but I'll wait until the October update before I purchase a copy.

For them to eliminate game modes they must have a relatively small dev staff who are overwhelmed by trying to get a game on the shelf for so many platforms.
No problem. That's probably your best bet, keep an eye for sales as well, I can't imagine it will be at full price for long.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2014, 12:17 AM   #62
Pro

@legendm0de's Arena

OVR: 9

The reason I have not seriously considered buying this game yet, while I do totally commend them for taking the steps they obviously feel are necessary to focus on great improvements with gameplay, I need the depth of franchise mode back in order to jut $60 apprx dollars for the game. Strategically of course, I'd plan out scoping a holidays sale on this game that might bring it to 30 or less dollars, as I've seen happen from past experience. That would be worth a load of value for that price.

Therefore, I'm in line with those who protest paying full price for half of the game, and demand a price cut for the title. A little thing called capitalism will never allow that to happen though, so I do not blame EASNHL one bit. I will just do what I can to get the game when it's most suitable for me. But again, I definitely praise them for taking such a bold step and getting a great thing accomplished which is by most consensus greatly improving their core gameplay.

Seems like FIFA also went in that same direction this year, and it's a fab sign for all sports that priority looks to be set on accomplishing the most convincing gameplay. (Racing included, see project cars and codemasters f1 for next gen) That is of course, excluding the madden series lol

Last edited by @legendm0de; 09-27-2014 at 12:21 AM.
Old 09-27-2014, 03:25 AM   #63
Rookie

jonapaloma's Arena

OVR: 3

One thing I dont understand is how much talk there is about gameplay modes and other smaller details and so on.

But the biggest things that remain unchanged is the overall gameplay and methods of change the game to your liking. A.I, sliders is the biggest things that enters my mind. Those things are the most important "features" to me.

And also how much they have "promised" over the years and not lived up to those promises.
Old 09-28-2014, 12:54 AM   #64
MVP

ricky24's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs
EASHL is a loss, and disappointing, but not a game killer. Plus, if they ported over gameplay, who cares if a lot of these modes were still around?

No eashl was a game killer for me. Only mode I played.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »