Home

Despite Its Issues, NHL 15 Is Still a Thrill On-Ice

This is a discussion on Despite Its Issues, NHL 15 Is Still a Thrill On-Ice within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-09-2014, 12:33 PM   #73
MVP

actionhank's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Despite Its Issues, NHL 15 Is Still a Thrill On-Ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by THESHAMISASHAME
??? does Hank own the game or just basing this off of videos ?

UPDATE : you dont want know how this game turned out but nerfing everywhere 4-4 OT starting now and its still a thrill on ice but not very interactive and even the penalties I drew before the patch and tuner are generated.
lol lost in OT bad scripting with 9 generated goals
I admit my impressions are all based off of watching various videos, and i try to indicate in all of my posts that that's what i'm working off of. So, i don't have a grip on the actual game play, but looking at it, i don't see too much different from NHL13-14, etc. I definitely see small changes, but the majority of things that have been slowly wearing down my enjoyment for years remain.

I would love to play it, but i'm not going to chance spending $60 dollars for what they are offering (Not to mention the $400 to buy a new system) just for the sake of confirming what I've seen.
I got burned by NHL14 after saying "Well, I'm sure patches will fix it. NHL13 was frustrating, but NHL14 has potential.". I've invested too much hope in EA's NHL team, so now i'm waiting for them to actually prove they can make something meaningful (To the things i hold important, which others may differ on. I don't begrudge anyone from enjoying the product.) before i give them my $60 again.
Old 10-09-2014, 02:47 PM   #74
MVP

THESHAMISASHAME's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by actionhank
I admit my impressions are all based off of watching various videos, and i try to indicate in all of my posts that that's what i'm working off of. So, i don't have a grip on the actual game play, but looking at it, i don't see too much different from NHL13-14, etc. I definitely see small changes, but the majority of things that have been slowly wearing down my enjoyment for years remain.

I would love to play it, but i'm not going to chance spending $60 dollars for what they are offering (Not to mention the $400 to buy a new system) just for the sake of confirming what I've seen.
I got burned by NHL14 after saying "Well, I'm sure patches will fix it. NHL13 was frustrating, but NHL14 has potential.". I've invested too much hope in EA's NHL team, so now i'm waiting for them to actually prove they can make something meaningful (To the things i hold important, which others may differ on. I don't begrudge anyone from enjoying the product.) before i give them my $60 again.
No problem and I understand your frustration but I have always been able to make the EA NHL series work for me and sure its not easy as you gotta gimp the hitting that causes all the tilted ice .

I just wanted to be sure what you were basing your impressions off of and while things might have looked similar when NHL 15 came out puck and player physics were very organic , interactive and responsive when actually playing the game as it was night and day from last years game .

There was none of that scripted feel many speak of as it all came out smoothly but since last weeks updates its went back to the prior NHL games boosted programming.
But worse than that it very blatant whats happening as my last 6 games almost every goal and now even penalties were generated that I had little or no part of and this was off the V100 tuner so it now pretty clear its what EA patched .
Old 10-09-2014, 05:13 PM   #75
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qb
It's under controller settings. It might be between Visual and Gameplay as you scroll across, but it's been a while and the menus are, uhhh, less than intuitive, to be polite.
Thank Qb....I found it.
I was going right by it.

I like it better with it on. Feels more free without it...but I find myself chasing after too many players getting turned around.

M.K.
Knight165
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2014, 07:41 PM   #76
Rookie

OVR: 1

Sitting here watching my Jackets drop the puck vs. the Sabres on Opening Night, and there's nothing more I'd like to do than pop in NHL after the game and get my season on. Read threads like this one about how great the game is on the ice followed by other threads saying there is no season mode and that BeGM (which I've never played) is a disaster, and I can't tell you how disappointed I am that I won't be buying the game this year. What a bummer.
Old 10-10-2014, 01:29 AM   #77
Rookie

Traceur's Arena

OVR: 0

Just ordered this game for the Xbone ($45 new). I mainly play exhibition offline vs cpu and I don't play any other modes, including franchise or season.

Hopefully I won't regret this purchase for my limited playing needs. I have to admit the negative feedback here made me think twice about purchasing it.

Go Kings Go!
Old 10-10-2014, 11:16 AM   #78
Rock Band FTW!

murph17's Arena

OVR: 14

OTP and GM Draft patch headed out to cert.

Quote:
Hey Everyone,

I just wanted to give a quick update on the current status of OTP.

We have just achieved official sign-off from our internal QA team which means that the game is now off for final external approvals which include Microsoft and Sony.

Once we get those final approvals, we’ll be in a position to release the content update which includes OTP and the new GM Draft.

- Rammer
Address : http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/10200461.page
Old 10-11-2014, 02:41 AM   #79
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23

I sure hpoe this OTP- draft patch has a major gameplay tuner coming with it.
Old 03-04-2015, 07:52 PM   #80
Rookie

OVR: 0
Looks like I'm in the minority. I buy the game at Christmas but do not play it until the post-trade deadline rosters are released (I play be a gm exclusively).

So yeah, I'm excited to play this game that has been sitting in my cabinet for a couple of months still in the wrapper. haha

As a long time video sports game player, I have yet to see a sports game released that is universally loved. Sure, many games are universally loved 5 years into the future after we have seen the horrible follow ups but I honestly can't remember ANY game embraced by everybody.

For my purposes I only need good on the ice/floor/field gameplay, that one issue makes or breaks a game for me. The stats and other stuff are filler. Then again, everybody is different. From what I can tell us older gamers tend to stick to Be A GM/Franchise mode/etc while younger gamers are more closely tied to online play and various modes I never even try.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »