Home

NHL 16 Features Revealed, EASHL Returns, Full List of Game Modes & More

This is a discussion on NHL 16 Features Revealed, EASHL Returns, Full List of Game Modes & More within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-25-2015, 12:13 AM   #81
Pro

OVR: 2
Re: NHL 16 Features Revealed, EASHL Returns, Full List of Game Modes & More

Quote:
Originally Posted by s_mkheidze
Bingo! Obviously, that person never played with the revamped rosters...if he did, he may have developed an apreciation for PROPER rosters. Honestly tho...there are 2 types of NHL gamers....the arcade types and the sim types. I love sim style games....I want to play an authentic style of game. EA should accommodate both styles. Give us sim-heads the options to make the game as accurate to real life as possible. And let the arcade lovers just play.
If they opened up the game to editing we could all be happy. It's ridiculous - are they still afraid they're going to lose sales if gamers can make rosters customized how they want? The exact opposite happens... you lock us out and we don't buy.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-25-2015, 12:27 AM   #82
Pro

OVR: 5

they're afraid they won't make as much on that card mode the kids love
Old 05-25-2015, 04:19 PM   #83
MVP

actionhank's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by camo
The confidence mechanic could be really awful if they implement it as they have in Madden. ...Madden is all about production if your cb doesn't get an int every game he drops 4 confidence or more. Then if he happens to get one but you lose the game he drops anyway. Then they don't reset after the season so if your team stunk you are pretty much screwed for years. Atleast in Madden you can cut the players whose confidence is broken....I'll definitely be waiting for hands on reviews before getting this game.
I think FIFA did a pretty nice job with the confidence side of things. Guys who were all stars expected to play all the time. When injured they would be e-mailing you and saying they were ready to go back in, even if the physio said they may not be ready. You had to balance that. Do you put the guy in to appease him, but risk him getting hurt (Could be a big choice if it's a guy who is on the verge of asking for a trade) or do you sit him and put in the second string guy?

Players who were smaller would ask to get a bit of playing time, and express gratitude when given it, or disappointment if you went with the usual lineup. If nothing else, it was a small incentive to try new line players. The other cool part, was when those guys did well, their attributes showed a noticeable improvement. I had a guy who was hardly qualified to play on my starting squad, but due to injury and another starter demanding a trade, I threw him in. The kid killed it. His overall shot up, and he was scoring goals left and right. It helped that he had some luck, and a great setup man, but he dominated in the starting roll. I ended up trading another winger when my main striker came back from injury, and rolled with both my star player, and new guy. I had an awesome attack line, all because i found a bit of luck, and gave a mystery player a chance.

Things like that get people into the game. It gets people buying the game. EA's NHL currently lacks that, and with how they've implemented past ideas, i'm worried at how forced the entire thing will feel. Will I just be wasting my time as a GM trying to trade for everyone's BFF, just to get them to stop e-mailing me every other week about not being happy on the team?
Old 05-25-2015, 05:30 PM   #84
Rookie

OVR: 1
NHL 15 was effectively worse than NHL 11. So does this mean we're going to get a proper NHL game for next gen? Because I ****ING love hockey, and especially EASHL.

I don't care about UT, just EASHL and Franchise!
Old 05-25-2015, 09:08 PM   #85
Rookie

OVR: 0

I truly didn't realize how much of my online gaming is done in EASHL until NHL 15 came out.

I'm super excited for it to be back BUT if they skipped goalies again I'm going to blow a head gasket.

I'm so sick and tired of arguably the most important position in the sport to still play like it did back in NHL 09.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-26-2015, 02:42 PM   #86
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by s_mkheidze
Bingo! Obviously, that person never played with the revamped rosters...if he did, he may have developed an apreciation for PROPER rosters. Honestly tho...there are 2 types of NHL gamers....the arcade types and the sim types. I love sim style games....I want to play an authentic style of game. EA should accommodate both styles. Give us sim-heads the options to make the game as accurate to real life as possible. And let the arcade lovers just play.
Obviously, you and other are missing my point. no hurt feelings here.

"Bingo! Obviously, that person never played with the revamped rosters...if he did, he may have developed an apreciation for PROPER rosters"

I have played and do play with revamped rosters, and it's great. My point is EA SHOULD have proper rosters, it's their job. Do they do it? No. Maybe they look at keeping up with this game. A Line 4 player should not play like Kane (Hawks fan, will pick Kane over Crosby), but we, the gamer, shouldn't have to update that, is my point. If anything, they should be updating rosters weekly (and goalies helmets, if I could be picky). If they don't do this and add all other features and they're great (franchise, drafting, GMing), oh and the on ice, game is fun, I'm still going to buy it.
Old 05-26-2015, 02:52 PM   #87
MVP

canucksss's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by himynameisao
Obviously, you and other are missing my point. no hurt feelings here.

"Bingo! Obviously, that person never played with the revamped rosters...if he did, he may have developed an apreciation for PROPER rosters"

I have played and do play with revamped rosters, and it's great. My point is EA SHOULD have proper rosters, it's their job. Do they do it? No. Maybe they look at keeping up with this game. A Line 4 player should not play like Kane (Hawks fan, will pick Kane over Crosby), but we, the gamer, shouldn't have to update that, is my point. If anything, they should be updating rosters weekly (and goalies helmets, if I could be picky). If they don't do this and add all other features and they're great (franchise, drafting, GMing), oh and the on ice, game is fun, I'm still going to buy it.
So are you telling me that it does not bother you to see Line 4 player play like Kane? And we should not do anything about the freaking lousy roster that EA is shoving our throats? EVEN if EA updates their roster weekly, if STILL NO DIFFERENTIATION of players in NHL....thats not NHL!!!! Thats the Old Hockey game toy game where you just flip those players (with certain conrols) to chip on the puck.

Last edited by canucksss; 05-26-2015 at 03:03 PM.
Old 05-26-2015, 02:57 PM   #88
MVP

canucksss's Arena

OVR: 13

This is far better than EA NHL with their lousy roster. This does not require player differentiation but its fun....EA without differentiation in players or team....freaking boring and its not NHL.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg normal.jpeg (137.5 KB, 93 views)

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »