Home

NHL 16 Features Revealed, EASHL Returns, Full List of Game Modes & More

This is a discussion on NHL 16 Features Revealed, EASHL Returns, Full List of Game Modes & More within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-19-2015, 03:54 PM   #49
MVP

canucksss's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: NHL 16 Features Revealed, EASHL Returns, Full List of Game Modes & More

Playoff beard, its not that I dont like it but I just hope its "organic". What I mean is that in the last few games of the season, the beard should should be there already instead of just "appearing" in the playoffs, that from 1 inch growing up to 3 inches in a matter of few days, thats kinda unrealistic....but hey its EA. They could make that "miracle", growing the beard instantaneously
Old 05-19-2015, 04:19 PM   #50
Rookie

OVR: 0
Not sure why player editing is such a huge deal with everyone IF ea can keep up with updates. It's absolutely annoying and time consuming to sit and update players. This should be done automatically. The big thing would be Be A GM: Online. I want to play friends in multiple seasons, fantasy draft. It works in ALL other games. Game Modes are way more important, to me at least, then sitting and editing players for hours. Just tell us you'll update weekly, and I'm good
Old 05-19-2015, 04:24 PM   #51
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by himynameisao
Not sure why player editing is such a huge deal with everyone IF ea can keep up with updates. It's absolutely annoying and time consuming to sit and update players. This should be done automatically. The big thing would be Be A GM: Online. I want to play friends in multiple seasons, fantasy draft. It works in ALL other games. Game Modes are way more important, to me at least, then sitting and editing players for hours. Just tell us you'll update weekly, and I'm good
Because with EA's ratings I can put up Gretzky types numbers using John Scott. But I go and use the Revamped Roster project, I can't put up Gretzky's best season during his whole career.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-19-2015, 05:19 PM   #52
MVP

Syce's Arena

i find that funny they say that HUT is the most played Mode, WELL NO SH*T its pretty much the Only mode. lol
Old 05-19-2015, 05:55 PM   #53
Rookie

headzapp's Arena

So we get to hear errr err err let's go Blues x2 then a errrr errrrrr errrrrr Letttt's goooo BLuuuuues? I hope we get some board play like in real life. A lot of the game is fighting for the puck along the boards. It seems they put a lot of effort into this game. So maybe everyone complaining about eashl was really a good thing haha. Happy that it seems Doc will say He SCARRRRRRS! Loudly instead of the quiet ones he did in 15.
Old 05-19-2015, 06:05 PM   #54
Pro

Arrowhead21's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Not sure why player editing is such a huge deal with everyone.
pretty simple: EAs ratings suck.

Quote:
It's absolutely annoying to sit and edit players
its even more annoying when game developers cant do their job

i will gladly spend the few minutes it takes to adjust ratings for each team; I did all the time on xbox360 when we actually had the ability.
NBA:Toronto Raptors
MLB:Toronto Blue Jays
NCAAF:Oregon Ducks
NCAAB:Kansas Jayhawks
Old 05-19-2015, 07:54 PM   #55
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24

Re: editing players. It's also nice to be able to edit goalie equipment—especially in GM mode where the sending up and down from the minors, and trading of goalies often sees them wearing old team equipment and mask on their new team or horrible looking equipment with odd color schemes that detracts from immersion. It's nice to just be able to fix small details like this quickly.

More than that, for a lot of guys who have been playing this series for a long time, editing is a feature we've used to adjust ratings or tailor the smaller details of the game to our liking. Since the PS1 era we're used to having the power to customize our single player experience to certain personal standards. No reason why it should be gone.

Last edited by bad_philanthropy; 05-19-2015 at 07:58 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-19-2015, 08:20 PM   #56
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by maltliquor23
I see BE a GM. I guess they went ahead and left regular ol Season Mode right out. I was hoping it would come over cause I'm not one for scouting or going on multiple seasons. Guess not this year.
Can't you just not do the scouting and stop after the first year?

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »