Home

NHL 16 Trial Available Now For EA Access Subscribers, Get 10 Hours of Gamplay

This is a discussion on NHL 16 Trial Available Now For EA Access Subscribers, Get 10 Hours of Gamplay within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience
Closed Thread

Old 09-10-2015, 01:01 PM   #81
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: NHL 16 Trial Available Now For EA Access Subscribers, Get 10 Hours of Gamplay

Anyone tried manual passing yet?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2015, 01:11 PM   #82
MVP

jake19ny's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NHL 16 Trial Available Now For EA Access Subscribers, Get 10 Hours of Gamplay

Watched that video of Chicago vs Minnesota that was posted earlier and the CPU D did look to play better. Again only one penalty called and that was with 25 seconds left in the game. So I have watched 2 full games worth of NHL 16 and have seen just that one penalty call.....Sounds like others are getting 0-1 as well. Really makes me wrestle with whether or not I can play my full offline season with the game missing this integral part of the sport. Mind blowing how this never gets addressed.
Old 09-10-2015, 01:16 PM   #83
Pro

OVR: 7

Has anyone tried out EASHL yet?
Old 09-10-2015, 01:16 PM   #84
Pro

Don Jon's Arena

OVR: 3

Can you practice with your BEaGM team or Season mode team?
Old 09-10-2015, 01:24 PM   #85
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake19ny
Watched that video of Chicago vs Minnesota that was posted earlier and the CPU D did look to play better. Again only one penalty called and that was with 25 seconds left in the game. So I have watched 2 full games worth of NHL 16 and have seen just that one penalty call.....Sounds like others are getting 0-1 as well. Really makes me wrestle with whether or not I can play my full offline season with the game missing this integral part of the sport. Mind blowing how this never gets addressed.
So far I've played 4 games:

Online Versus, All-Star/Simulation -- 3 penalties (users)
Play Now, All Star/Simulation -- 1 penalty (AI)
Be A Pro, All Star/Hardcore -- 1 penalty (AI)
Be A GM, Superstar/Hardcore -- 1 penalty (user)

That's with 5 minute periods and default sliders.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2015, 01:27 PM   #86
MVP

jake19ny's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung
So far I've played 4 games:

Online Versus, All-Star/Simulation -- 3 penalties (users)
Play Now, All Star/Simulation -- 1 penalty (AI)
Be A Pro, All Star/Hardcore -- 1 penalty (AI)
Be A GM, Superstar/Hardcore -- 1 penalty (user)

That's with 5 minute periods and default sliders.

So it appears albeit early to call that the offline penalty calling is indeed messed up again. It also appears reading other posts that the slider controlling penalty calls does nothing once again. Shame because despite all its flaws I was able to tweak NHL14 to be enjoyable but this problem made it really hard to enjoy playing a full season and if its present in NHL 16 I don't know if I can play through it.
Old 09-10-2015, 01:35 PM   #87
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16

Played another game with the game speed down one click and had realistic SOG totals. I lost 4-3 vs Carolina but they had 27 shots and I had 26. There were 3 total penalties called with the penalty slider maxed on 8 minute periods. I haven't touched the other two penalty sliders under game settings for CPU and CPU AI teammates, I'll max those out my next game.

Anyone try the game speed at 1 or 2 and notice a huge framerate issue? I'm fine on 3 and above (4 is default) but if I try 2 it's fine for a little bit and then it's so choppy I can't even play and have to turn it back up to 3. I even cleared the XB1 cache, same issue.

Not much music being played during the game on stoppages in play or in the menus.. maybe that's a trial thing?

It's a cleaned up NHL 15 - defense seems to be better and goalies seem better. Going to wait on a roster update before trying BeaGM.
Old 09-10-2015, 01:38 PM   #88
MVP

HypoLuxa13's Arena

I saw the player editing issue (makes the player 1st round pick) on the Bugs and Glitches thread, but a follow up question: Can we actually edit player ratings this year? Or just equipment and such?

I'm a lifelong Blackhawks fan, and I love Marian Hossa. But he should not be one of the top wings in the game anymore. I'm hoping to be able to edit him (and other players) to make their ratings a little more realistic.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »