Home

NHL 16 Trial Available Now For EA Access Subscribers, Get 10 Hours of Gamplay

This is a discussion on NHL 16 Trial Available Now For EA Access Subscribers, Get 10 Hours of Gamplay within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 09-10-2015, 07:37 PM   #113
Rookie

OVR: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung
So the Blackhawks' actual organist has a small sound clip in the game now that plays alongside a "Let's go Hawks!" chant.

You can hear it at 1:23 of this video:

It's a nice touch, but this clip barely plays much at all during games (mostly just on center ice faceoffs). The organ and crowd should be much more active throughout the game.

Has anyone heard real chants and organ music for any other teams besides Chicago? I'll have to try out a few more arenas today.
That's awesome. I love the unique building sounds. I would love to see some more examples.
Old 09-10-2015, 07:37 PM   #114
MVP

brandon27's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: NHL 16 Trial Available Now For EA Access Subscribers, Get 10 Hours of Gamplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsjones84
One more question. Do u pay the $60 up front then play 10 hrs. Or can u download free and play 10 hrs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You pay monthly, or annually for EA Access... download the trial. Play for 10 hours. That's it...
Old 09-10-2015, 07:39 PM   #115
MVP

OVR: 9
Re: NHL 16 Trial Available Now For EA Access Subscribers, Get 10 Hours of Gamplay

The kelowna rockets are paying tribute to their 1st season by wearing the jerseys they wore when they 1st moved to Kelowna. Can somebody please check if they are in NHL 16, i would really appreciate it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Kelowna Rockets Retro.jpg (62.8 KB, 201 views)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2015, 07:51 PM   #116
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanuckJ
The kelowna rockets are paying tribute to their 1st season by wearing the jerseys they wore when they 1st moved to Kelowna. Can somebody please check if they are in NHL 16, i would really appreciate it.
Kelowna has three jerseys in NHL 16, and their home and away versions are like the ones you've got pictured.

They're shown here at timestamp 44:28

Last edited by jyoung; 09-10-2015 at 07:53 PM.
Old 09-10-2015, 07:54 PM   #117
Go Irish

Rules's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandon27
So, I just got 4 games in tonight. I'm at a loss for words on this one. It's better, on the surface, but beyond that, it's the same old terrible AI. It's a bit improved in some spots, but terrible in so many others still.

I actually quit a game tonight. 7 minutes in to the first period, I'd given up 5 goals, on 6 shots. All instances where my D-men just stand around and do nothing in front of my net while I fight for the puck in the corner, then they magically throw it out front, the shooter can move, basically warp into the shot while my D-man barely even moves to acknowledge the play. 4 straight shots in a row, almost identical scenario.

I hoped earlier when I saw a player kick a puck out of a scrum across the ice, I hoped I was seeing things. However I saw it many more times tonight.

There's still so many instances still where the AI players don't seem to be effected at all, in any way by physics. They accelerate so much quicker, turn so much quicker. It's not even close to the same in comparison as to how your players skate.

Then, to top it all off. 3 games tonight. Not a single Penalty on the CPU. NOT ONE. So, the only way to enjoy the game is to just turn penalties completely off, because its ridiculous for the player to spend time on the PK all game, while the CPU apparently does nothing wrong.

GM mode has some nice additions, I can say that. How it all works in the long run though is whats important.

I'm not sure anymore that it's a full price buy for me. It's NHL 15, with a facelift to me so far. I'm going to mess around with the difficulty and some sliders over the weekend to see if that helps, but right now, I've got a major decision to make on what I do with this one. It feels good at times, theres times when playing it is fun, but then theres times where for some reason it's like the AI flips on it's superman switch, and you might as well just put down the sticks and take what they're about to give you. I have no problem loosing a game to the CPU. I went 2-1 tonight (well 2-2, it game me a loss int he game I quit from too) Like I said, no problems loosing, but I hate feeling cheated by the AI. I'm left feeling that quite a bit playing this so far though.

EA refuses to fix the penalty issues that has been an issue for years now. Once again, I will not buy until they can get this right. No CPU calls means no power plays which means no fun.
Old 09-10-2015, 07:57 PM   #118
MVP

brandon27's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rules
EA refuses to fix the penalty issues that has been an issue for years now. Once again, I will not buy until they can get this right. No CPU calls means no power plays which means no fun.
I've played 6 games total. Only had one penalty on the CPU.

Terrible.

I've lost count of how many I've had called on me. Lol.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
Old 09-10-2015, 07:58 PM   #119
MVP

ricky24's Arena

OVR: 0

Ugh. Not impressed again. Did they really think adding a call of duty type leveling system was the answer to lack of player builds in EASHL? Embarrassing.
Old 09-10-2015, 08:03 PM   #120
MVP

SENS_AK27's Arena

OVR: 16

As an Offline Dynasty User can you view the box scores of the Simulated Games? Does the Box Score show the players season goal total?

As someone who has posted Dynasties since NHL 2004 I found NHL 15 unplayable and it was the first time in years I didn't post a dynasty. This was one of the reasons.

A second less important question...is the draft process completely the same in BAGM? One of my favorite things to do in NHL 14 was drafting a 6'8 or higher monster in the 6th and 7th round. In NHL 15 you couldn't sort players by height so it took all that enjoyment out of it.

Thanks.
GLES - USC

Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »