Home

NHL 16 Available Today For Xbox One & PlayStation 4, Post Your Impressions

This is a discussion on NHL 16 Available Today For Xbox One & PlayStation 4, Post Your Impressions within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-08-2015, 10:01 PM   #369
MVP

THESHAMISASHAME's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: NHL 16 Available Today For Xbox One & PlayStation 4, Post Your Impressions

Well guys a few more parting impressions as nothing should be this hard and with no real pucks physics and gimped boosted gameplay as the challenge Im done for the season and sadly put NHL 16 on feebay .

Cant believe all of the real physics they added at the start of NHL 15 are gone and much of the gameplay has now return to NHL 12 and 13 ?

I think the final straw was when I played my friend online last night to get a trophy and I out shot him 50-10 , controlled 90% of faceoffs and big hits , rang 5 goal posts and even won a fight and lost in shootout 1-0 .

He also accidentally pulled his goalie for 3 minutes and I couldnt score even from 10 ft in front the net as each time the puck took a weird sideways angle ?

Well good luck to all still playing and see you next year

Last edited by THESHAMISASHAME; 11-08-2015 at 10:04 PM.
Old 11-11-2015, 12:19 AM   #370
Pro

budsticky's Arena

OVR: 13

I just got this game. I haven't played an NHL game since 11 or 12, so it's been a while. Now that I'm on next gen I figure I'd give it a shot.

My first impressions are that I totally suck, even on pro, and I freely admit that. However, it has some of the same frustrations that I remember from playing the series a few years ago. I find that the CPU players stick to me like glue. Anywhere I cut they are right on me. Meanwhile, when they are on offense they zip around my zone with nary a problem. Also, their passes seem to find their way through crowds right in the crease to an open man. And I'm not chasing guys either. I try to play my lanes and force the play outside, but the CPU finds a way to move the puck in a fashion that I can't come close to replicating when I'm on offense. Also, my AI defenders have a bad habit of chasing their guys behind the net leaving the front of the goal wide open.

And don't get me started on faceoffs. I rarely win them.

I'm sure if I check out some tutorials online I can get better at the game, but it just feels kind of cheap to me. I played 5 games and every game has followed the same pattern: CPU scores 3 goals within the first 12 minutes or so, then my goalie miraculously turns into a brick wall stopping shots he let in in the first, yet I can't score.

I'm going to give it some more time and try to see if there is some guidance out there to get my game going in the right direction as I used to have a ton of fun with the NHL games..not sure how much patience I'm going to have though.
Old 11-12-2015, 05:52 PM   #371
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16

I started over again.. and I'm going ALL freaking AS/Hardcore defaults. Even camera/puck size, etc..

I will tweak just a few, hopefully non-game threatening sliders.. but it's obvious the game cannot handle slider tweaking without breaking the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-21-2015, 10:05 AM   #372
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah
I started over again.. and I'm going ALL freaking AS/Hardcore defaults. Even camera/puck size, etc..

I will tweak just a few, hopefully non-game threatening sliders.. but it's obvious the game cannot handle slider tweaking without breaking the game.
Yep Mizz, i've started over a few times myself. I've also gone back to AS default, with the exception of pass acc at zero Hum/cpu. Probably the happiness i've been with 16 to date. (Using latest tuner)
Old 11-21-2015, 05:48 PM   #373
MVP

sarlndr's Arena

OVR: 6

Anyone on PS4? I don't know anyone personally who has the game. I'm just looking to get some friendly games in and some tips. I'm not very good, first NHL since '10, but I'm getting better. Thanks.

PSN: abno

Sent from my Z1 using Tapatalk
Old 11-25-2015, 01:22 AM   #374
Rookie

robinson's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by budsticky
I just got this game. I haven't played an NHL game since 11 or 12, so it's been a while. Now that I'm on next gen I figure I'd give it a shot.

My first impressions are that I totally suck, even on pro, and I freely admit that. However, it has some of the same frustrations that I remember from playing the series a few years ago. I find that the CPU players stick to me like glue. Anywhere I cut they are right on me. Meanwhile, when they are on offense they zip around my zone with nary a problem. Also, their passes seem to find their way through crowds right in the crease to an open man. And I'm not chasing guys either. I try to play my lanes and force the play outside, but the CPU finds a way to move the puck in a fashion that I can't come close to replicating when I'm on offense. Also, my AI defenders have a bad habit of chasing their guys behind the net leaving the front of the goal wide open.

And don't get me started on faceoffs. I rarely win them.

I'm sure if I check out some tutorials online I can get better at the game, but it just feels kind of cheap to me. I played 5 games and every game has followed the same pattern: CPU scores 3 goals within the first 12 minutes or so, then my goalie miraculously turns into a brick wall stopping shots he let in in the first, yet I can't score.

I'm going to give it some more time and try to see if there is some guidance out there to get my game going in the right direction as I used to have a ton of fun with the NHL games..not sure how much patience I'm going to have though.

Sample my sliders. Then sample Northmans sliders. They are good slider sets and you should get better games. We can tell you which sliders to adjust if you like them but need to finetune it.
Old 12-08-2015, 09:43 PM   #375
Rookie

I'm not exactly sure where to post this but has anyone else noticed that the columns aren't wide enough when viewing career stats for goalies? For example, Rask's real life GAA would look like "2.7..." I don't know if it's been like this the whole time but this is really bothersome to me and kind of ruins the GM mode experience.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-10-2015, 09:59 AM   #376
MVP

jake19ny's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by john_swartzwelder
I'm not exactly sure where to post this but has anyone else noticed that the columns aren't wide enough when viewing career stats for goalies? For example, Rask's real life GAA would look like "2.7..." I don't know if it's been like this the whole time but this is really bothersome to me and kind of ruins the GM mode experience.
What roster update are you using? I had that happen but after the November 3rd update it had presentation fixes and I think that was one because my banners are fine now

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »