Home

New Tuner 11/13

This is a discussion on New Tuner 11/13 within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-25-2015, 08:44 AM   #57
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: New Tuner 11/13

yeah-
I don't know if its because I haven't been playing the game as much.
but I have the latest tuner and roster updates, and the game as it stands now is playing really good. best in a long time. I actually have fun playing the games.

no boost, goalies are better and pucks don't seems to have the scripted rebound feel to them anymore. When a goalie makes a save now, the puck actually can deflect off him, or away from him. No more magically sticking to him.

im getting power plays.
passing accuracy is realistic.
Im really liking the game.
still the major problem for me is the lack of neutral zone pressure, as you can still gain the blueline with ease, or carry up into the neutral zone.
Old 11-25-2015, 09:05 AM   #58
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24

Another positive worth mentioning is player separation with speed. I'm not sure if this was changed in the tuner, or is a function of the tuner increasing the friction of skating (so d don't accelerate as quickly out of a pushoff), but if you've got a fast guy on a slow D (or gassed or combination of both), and that d-man is caught up ice a bit, you can walk him so easily it's hilarious.

I played a game of Stars (me) vs Ducks and Bieksa was a horror show. I got a couple goals off catching him flat footed and beating him to the outside. At the same time guys like Lindholm and Fowler were much more able to maintain good gap control on my wingers. Felt so right.
Old 11-25-2015, 09:12 AM   #59
#AyJay

AdamJones113's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_philanthropy
Another positive worth mentioning is player separation with speed. I'm not sure if this was changed in the tuner, or is a function of the tuner increasing the friction of skating (so d don't accelerate as quickly out of a pushoff), but if you've got a fast guy on a slow D (or gassed or combination of both), and that d-man is caught up ice a bit, you can walk him so easily it's hilarious.

I played a game of Stars (me) vs Ducks and Bieksa was a horror show. I got a couple goals off catching him flat footed and beating him to the outside. At the same time guys like Lindholm and Fowler were much more able to maintain good gap control on my wingers. Felt so right.
Absolutely. For my own example, it's been using Grabner with the Leafs. Absolutely blows by defensemen and easily wins races to the puck.

The problem with player separation in NHL 16 is not a problem with physical separation. The game has addressed that successfully. The problem is one of mental separation: guys like Crosby don't play smarter than, and don't make better decisions than, guys like John Scott. If NHL 17 could fix that... wow.

Game is playing well right now, don't get me wrong.
Old 11-25-2015, 09:38 AM   #60
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamJones113
Absolutely. For my own example, it's been using Grabner with the Leafs. Absolutely blows by defensemen and easily wins races to the puck.

The problem with player separation in NHL 16 is not a problem with physical separation. The game has addressed that successfully. The problem is one of mental separation: guys like Crosby don't play smarter than, and don't make better decisions than, guys like John Scott. If NHL 17 could fix that... wow.

Game is playing well right now, don't get me wrong.
Absolutely, the hockey AI part of the game is still far from where it needs to be. It's kind of like the game is a good hockey foundation. All the raw components are there, but the AI needs work to make it feel like a game sprinkled with superstars, checkers, middling pros, etc...
Old 11-25-2015, 09:56 AM   #61
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_philanthropy
Absolutely, the hockey AI part of the game is still far from where it needs to be. It's kind of like the game is a good hockey foundation. All the raw components are there, but the AI needs work to make it feel like a game sprinkled with superstars, checkers, middling pros, etc...
Totally agree....

Tarasenko and Shattenkirk are my speedsters, so yes they have nailed that. But I agree.. we need skill separation.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-25-2015, 02:42 PM   #62
Rookie

robinson's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splitter77
yeah-
I don't know if its because I haven't been playing the game as much.
but I have the latest tuner and roster updates, and the game as it stands now is playing really good. best in a long time. I actually have fun playing the games.

no boost, goalies are better and pucks don't seems to have the scripted rebound feel to them anymore. When a goalie makes a save now, the puck actually can deflect off him, or away from him. No more magically sticking to him.

im getting power plays.
passing accuracy is realistic.
Im really liking the game.
still the major problem for me is the lack of neutral zone pressure, as you can still gain the blueline with ease, or carry up into the neutral zone.

Cycloniacs team systems might make neutral zone better.
Old 11-25-2015, 02:48 PM   #63
Rookie

robinson's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by northmen24
So now you can choose 1.00, 1.01, 1.02, 1.03 and 1.04????

When is this going to happen/be available. At least 1.01
Old 11-25-2015, 02:52 PM   #64
Rookie

robinson's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by camo
Well I'm going to reset to base sliders as my first game since the tuner was terrible. Hockey should not be this hard to tune. Though the goalies seem better now. Ended up 4-3 loss in ot shots about 30 each. Too many big hits though,

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

Regardless of tuner, having attributes on 5 or 6 will make hitting better (less of it) and theres more bump and grind checking.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »