Home

NHL 16 Patch 1.05 Available Now For Xbox One & PS4, Full Details Included

This is a discussion on NHL 16 Patch 1.05 Available Now For Xbox One & PS4, Full Details Included within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-12-2016, 03:37 PM   #25
Pro

Bushido's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: NHL 16 Patch 1.05 Available Now For Xbox One & PS4, Full Details Included

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
I just got the game and was on tuner 1.04 and already I saw more player separation than I have in a long time.
Several crap players bobbling passes, firing wide, or having passes picked off.
Hearing that there's even more separation is music to my ears.

The penalties were pretty good before, but I had to laugh at some of the tripping penalties.
In one, my dman went to pinch to keep a loose puck in the zone. During the race for the puck, I cut off an oncoming forward. He kind of stumbled over my shin guard as I beat him to the puck. He didn't even go down, but I still got a tripping penalty, haha.
It was ridiculous, but I couldn't even be that mad as I found it kind of humorous.

I'll be dl'ing this patch tonight and looking forward to it.
I still need to pick a team, but I'm leaning towards the Canadiens.
One question (it's been a while since I've played GM mode in this series), but can I start a season at the 2016 draft and then edit the selections?
I'm basically asking if I can pick a team and force Auston Matthews on my club?
No.

And if you're going to use the Canadians, you're going to have to rip off a team with a Top 5 pick to even have a shot at Auston. Even though I've seen him slip all the way to No.11 once, even after the fact that I re-rated him to an 82 and gave him a Franchise ceiling.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-12-2016, 04:15 PM   #26
Rookie

Tonic's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake19ny
Was fearful of downloading anything but I downloaded patch and new tuner. I think there is something wrong with me, I might be a masochist...lol. My games were great but they are even better now. I am noticing a little player seperation and the stars make some sweet plays. I also feel the CPU neutral zone play is better as I find I need to dump and chase more. The CPU killed penalties a little smarter too. Instead of chasing my man all the way behind my net after they clear the puck, the CPU peeled back and awaited my break out. Puck physics seem better. More loose pucks and I'm seeing pucks bounce and roll on end.

I had restarted my season a little while back because of a botched tuner and I'm only 18 games in but now I'm glad that happened because I'm looking forward to playing it out even more now. I do wish they added the new Bauer pads and corrected the season stat thing but overall excellent job EA
Glad to hear it's playing pretty well. Might have to get a few games in this weekend!

However, I think the bigger takeaway from the added player separation is that EA listened to our feedback, realizes that it is (hopefully was) a problem, and implemented a fix. Hopefully this bodes well for future titles too, but I'm not going to get my hopes up yet based on past experience with this series.
Old 02-13-2016, 04:49 PM   #27
Pro

I like the tuner so far but am going to have to reset all sliders and start again. Have played 5 games since and haven't gotten one goal off of a snipe. A few rebound goals but haven't beaten a goalie with a straight up shot. Only thing that's changed is the tuner.

Check out My Edmonton Oilers Dynasty
Old 02-13-2016, 07:40 PM   #28
Pro

sabres32's Arena

OVR: 2

In BE A GM they need to show the amount of goals a player has on the season when he scores. When the window appears it obviously says the goal scorers name and who assisted but I would love it if in paranthesis it said how many goals the player has. This seems like a small need but I'm a stat guy.
Old 02-13-2016, 08:07 PM   #29
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabres32
In BE A GM they need to show the amount of goals a player has on the season when he scores. When the window appears it obviously says the goal scorers name and who assisted but I would love it if in paranthesis it said how many goals the player has. This seems like a small need but I'm a stat guy.

You would think think they would have the common sense do have already put this in...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-13-2016, 11:05 PM   #30
Pro

Changed my opinion of the tuner. Have serious regret downloading it. Was having good games, now not so much. Cpu can hit like scott Stevens and dangle like lemieux regardless of which player it is. I am pissed to because i had a good season going. If you haven't gotten the update and are having fun don't risk it.

Check out My Edmonton Oilers Dynasty
Old 02-14-2016, 11:33 AM   #31
Rookie

BigBadAss33's Arena

Icon14 Re: NHL 16 Patch 1.05 Available Now For Xbox One & PS4, Full Details Included

Hmmm.. I downloaded with hesitation but WOW!! The game has improved so much. I dont know if they tamed the puck physics but the shots coming off the goalie are no longer magnetically sucked back in for a stoppage.

The CPU AI is WAAAAYYYY better and they are not out of position as much any more.

IMO a MAJOR Improvement for sure!!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-14-2016, 01:22 PM   #32
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBadAss33
Hmmm.. I downloaded with hesitation but WOW!! The game has improved so much. I dont know if they tamed the puck physics but the shots coming off the goalie are no longer magnetically sucked back in for a stoppage.

The CPU AI is WAAAAYYYY better and they are not out of position as much any more.

IMO a MAJOR Improvement for sure!!!!
Agreed.

Just had a very satisfying 4-3 OT loss to the Kings as the Canadiens.
Not one goal felt cheap.

Really enjoying this game so far. I think I'll wait for the post-trade deadline rosters to come out before starting a franchise. Not sure I can hold off that long though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »